ini not writing corretly.

why does this write 0 ive done this before though i dont remember how i want the text in the input to write to the key in an ini

iniwrite("message.vncv","mesg","message",guictrlread($efile))

Note:this is just part of the code the rest has the gui stuff.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

If your using a checkbox or a radio then u must BITAND the control's data.

Ex.

BitAND(GUICtrlRead($efile))
i said im using the input box and i want the text the person enters in it.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

ok so that helped in what way......

ive done this before and i got the input text and written it i just cant remember how.

Edited by EagleClaw

Start with some down and dirty troubleshooting... make sure of your inputs first:

MsgBox(4096,"",guictrlread($efile))
;iniwrite("message.vncv","mesg","message",guictrlread($efile))
Edited by SpookMeister

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Start with some down and dirty troubleshooting... make sure of your inputs first:

MsgBox(4096,"",guictrlread($efile))
;iniwrite("message.vncv","mesg","message",guictrlread($efile))
ok so the msgbox also returns 0 so ive tried many other things i think i need to do some kind of getdata just like the setdata function for guictrls

Cool.

While you were doing that I threw an example together (mostly from the help file). You no longer need it, but perhaps someone else will.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate(" My GUI input box", 320, 120, @DesktopWidth / 2 - 160, @DesktopHeight / 2 - 45, -1, 0x00000018)
$input = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 5, 300, 20)
$btn = GUICtrlCreateButton("Ok", 40, 75, 60, 20)

GUISetState()

$msg = 0
While $msg <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
        Case $msg = $btn
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect
WEnd

MsgBox(4096, "Value of Input Box", GUICtrlRead($input))
IniWrite("message.txt", "mesg", "message", GUICtrlRead($input))

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]