Make inputbox active

Is there a way to have a key combination to send focus to an input box, like the way ctrl + d will do in Firefox or IE?

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]

I tried using ControlFocus (making it a variable) and then using HotKeySet but that didn't work.

Anyone know the actual way to do this?

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]

Please post the contents of the summary tab within the AutoIt Window Info tool for the control of interest.

Here it is, sir...

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: Run Remote Apps

Class: AutoIt v3 GUI

Position: 488, 325

Size: 308, 352

Style: 0x14CF0000

ExStyle: 0x00000100

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Edit

Instance: 1

ID: 3

Text:

Position: 562, 388

Size: 150, 30

ControlClick Coords: 72, 16

Style: 0x50030080

ExStyle: 0x00000200

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 634, 404

Cursor ID: 5

Color: 0xFFFFFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

Remote Computer

E&xplorer

&CMD

&Regedit

MSCONFI&G

Install &VNC

&MMC Console

Start V&NC

"C&ombined"

&Kill AutoLogon

Install RCM&D

&PC Info

&Set AutoLogon

Well, that confirms that we are talking about am AutoIt GUI and not some other app's input box - I could not tell from your OP.

I know nothing about AutoIt GUIs, but a search of the help file for the word focus did return $GUI_FOCUS - I have no idea if this is what you want/need.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Like this maybe ?

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

HotKeySet('!f', 'Focus')
Global $State

GuiCreate('Focus', 220, 65)
$Input1 = GuiCtrlCreateInput('Alt + F to set focus to other input box', 10, 10, 200, 20)
$Input2 = GuiCtrlCreateInput('Alt + F to set focus to other input box', 10, 35, 200, 20)
GuiSetState()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop

EndSelect
WEnd

Func Focus()

If $State = 0 Then
        GUICtrlSetState($Input2, $GUI_FOCUS)
        $State = 1
    ElseIf $State = 1 Then
        GUICtrlSetState($Input1, $GUI_FOCUS)
        $State = 0
    EndIf   
EndFunc

Cheers

Thanks for the replies.

@smashly - I was using $GUI_FOCUS incorrectly. Thank you.