Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gandalfthewhite

System Tray Items

7 posts in this topic

Lets say I have msn messenger running on my system tray. I want to right click on it and select an option (say signout for example). Can I do this with autoit? If so, how?

this sounds like something you can experiment with.

Check out the winzip tutorial under autoIt help, and tutorials.

~~TheCreator~~Visit http://tysdomain.com for personal software and website solutions.

this sounds like something you can experiment with.

Check out the winzip tutorial under autoIt help, and tutorials.

~~TheCreator~~Visit http://tysdomain.com for personal software and website solutions.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Double Post above

Well, the long way of doing it (the only way i can think of ) is to do a pixle search. Then the mouseclick. Then you would move the mouse up a certain number of pixles (you would have this tested/measured) and then click again to get sign out.

Edited by Dethredic

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

Lets say I have msn messenger running on my system tray. I want to right click on it and select an option (say signout for example). Can I do this with autoit? If so, how?

Download PaulIA's AutoIt Library and install it. Then look at the Toolbar commands in his help file. This will give you a demo of some basic data from your SysTray (which is just a toolbar):

#include <A3LToolBar.au3>

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
$hToolBar = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]", "")
$hSysTray = ControlGetHandle($hToolBar, "", "ToolbarWindow321")
$BtnCnt = _Toolbar_ButtonCount($hSysTray)
$BtnData = ""
For $i = 0 To $BtnCnt - 1
    $BtnCmdID = _Toolbar_IndexToCommand($hSysTray, $i)
    $BtnTxt = _Toolbar_GetButtonText($hSysTray, $BtnCmdID)
    $BtnData &= "Index: " & $i & "   CommandID: " & $BtnCmdID & "   Text: " & $BtnTxt & @CRLF
Next

MsgBox(64, "Result", $BtnData)

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

It's work but not for all Items.

On my installation the power, network and volume Items are not displayed. Is there mayby a Vista problem?

PsaltyDS give the right pointer, but in practice, it's quite difficult to get working - given menu delay times, enabled/disables menu items (depending on whether MSN/Live messenger is signed in) etc.

For a working example, check out this link (also in my .sig)