_IEAttach Embedded multiple instances same window

I'm trying to help kater in the generate Remote Assistance invitation file topic: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51915

This will open Help and Support and retrieve the body text of the embedded IE control. Problem is there are about 4 instances and it's only grabbing the first. Any way to reference it like you can for Advanced Window Titles?

Something Like:

"[TITLE:Help and Support Center; INSTANCE:4]"

#include 
Run(@SystemDir & "\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA")
WinWaitActive("Help and Support Center")
$OBJECT = _IEAttach ( "Help and Support Center", "Embedded")
$BODY = _IEBodyReadText ( $OBJECT )
MsgBox(0,"", "Body text: " & $BODY)

Note: Even if I click the Change View button in Help and Support, the first IE instance is still retrieved.

Edited by weaponx

I tried modifying the IE UDF with little success.

IE.au3

I changed:

Line 313: $h_control = ControlGetHandle($s_string, "", "Internet Explorer_Server1")

to

Line 313: $h_control = ControlGetHandle($s_string, "", "Internet Explorer_Server4")

And I get this error:

IECustom.au3 (4012) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Return $oIE.document.parentwindow

Return $oIE.Document^ ERROR

Are there 4 embedded instances in the same parent, or are there 4 windows with embedded IE instances?

If it is the leter, you should also be able to pass the hwnd of the parent window to _IEAttach instead of the title.

As you have figured out, the trick is to get ControlGetHandle to give you the handle of the correct embedded control. Play with that outside _IEAttach and figure out how to get it to work in the presented scenario and then see if you can pass an appropriate string to _IEAttach, thet will in turn feed ControlGetHandle.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

So what ControlGetHandle syntax allows you to connect to the one you want?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

This is the default code in IE.au3:

Line 313: $h_control = ControlGetHandle($s_string, "", "Internet Explorer_Server1")

This is the only way it works.

If I change to:

Line 313: $h_control = ControlGetHandle($s_string, "", "Internet Explorer_Server4")

The comments from the function make it seem like it can only work with instance 1

; Function Name: __IEControlGetObjFromHWND()

; Description: Returns a COM Object Window reference to an embebedded Webbrowser control

; Parameter(s): $hWin - HWND of a Internet Explorer_Server1 control obtained for example:

; $hwnd = ControlGetHandle("MyApp","","Internet Explorer_Server1")

; Requirement(s): Windows XP, Windows 2003 or higher.

; Windows 2000; Windows 98; Windows ME; Windows NT may install the

; Microsoft Active Accessibility 2.0 Redistributable:

; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

; Return Value(s): On Success - Returns DOM Window object

; On Failure - 0 and sets @ERROR = 1

; Author(s): Larry with thanks to Valik

As asked above, can you get ControlGetHandle to get the handle for the desired instance? If so, what string tdo you use? This question has nothing to do with _IEAttach or __IEControlGetObjFromHWND

You either need to test this and provide the answer or provide a simple way for me to test.

thanks,

Dale

$h_control = ControlGetHandle($s_string, "", "Internet Explorer_Server4") is successful no @ERROR

Then this line is called $oResult = __IEControlGetObjFromHWND($h_control)

I don't know how the $lResult var is getting set but it's the same regardless of what control I enter

$aRet = DllCall below is successful as well because an isObj is run against it successfully

Func __IEControlGetObjFromHWND(ByRef $hWin)
    DllCall("ole32.dll", "int", "CoInitialize", "ptr", 0)
    Local Const $WM_HTML_GETOBJECT = __IERegisterWindowMessage("WM_HTML_GETOBJECT")
    Local Const $SMTO_ABORTIFHUNG = 0x0002
    ;$lResult is declared but never set in this script ???
    Local $lResult, $typUUID, $aRet, $oIE

__IESendMessageTimeout($hWin, $WM_HTML_GETOBJECT, 0, 0, $SMTO_ABORTIFHUNG, 1000, $lResult)

$typUUID = DllStructCreate("int;short;short;byte[8]")
    DllStructSetData($typUUID, 1, 0x626FC520)
    DllStructSetData($typUUID, 2, 0xA41E)
    DllStructSetData($typUUID, 3, 0x11CF)
    DllStructSetData($typUUID, 4, 0xA7, 1)
    DllStructSetData($typUUID, 4, 0x31, 2)
    DllStructSetData($typUUID, 4, 0x0, 3)
    DllStructSetData($typUUID, 4, 0xA0, 4)
    DllStructSetData($typUUID, 4, 0xC9, 5)
    DllStructSetData($typUUID, 4, 0x8, 6)
    DllStructSetData($typUUID, 4, 0x26, 7)
    DllStructSetData($typUUID, 4, 0x37, 8)

MsgBox(0,"",$lResult)
    $aRet = DllCall("oleacc.dll", "int", "ObjectFromLresult", "int", $lResult, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($typUUID), "int", 0, "idispatch_ptr", "")

If IsObj($aRet[4]) Then
        $oIE = $aRet[4].Script ()
        ; $oIE is now a valid IDispatch object
        Return $oIE.document.parentwindow ;FAILS HERE
    Else
        SetError(1)
        Return 0
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>__IEControlGetObjFromHWND

I am convinced this is a limitation in __IEControlGetObjFromHWND in the IE UDF

More specifically __IESendMessageTimeout retrieves the same lResult no matter what $hcontrol is sent to it

I am thinking the function :

$aRet = DllCall("oleacc.dll", "int", "ObjectFromLresult", "int", $lResult, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($typUUID), "int", 0, "idispatch_ptr", "")

Is returning the wrong object because the __IESendMessageTimeout onnly gets lResult from the first instance found

After some testing, __IEControlGetObjFromHWND is in fact able to get the correct IE instance returned if you pass in the other control handles:

#include <IE.au3>
_IEErrorHandlerRegister()

ShellExecute("rcimlby.exe",  "-LaunchRA")
WinWaitActive("Help and Support Center", "")

$h_control = ControlGetHandle("Help and Support Center", "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:3]")
$oIE = __IEControlGetObjFromHWND($h_control)

ConsoleWrite(_IEDocReadHTML($oIE) & @CR)

That example works properly for instances 1 and 3. For instances 2 and 4 however, an "Access is Denied" COM error is triggered when trying to access the .document property of the resulting object (this is done in __IEControlGetObjFromHWND like this: $oIE.document.parentwindow). I have looked at these objects with a spy and I don't see what the key difference between 1/3 and 2/4 is - other than 2/4 contain frames and 1/3 do not and I see no reason for that to cause trouble.

So, there is an opportunity here to enhance _IEAttach (that would allow attaching to instances 1 and 3 in this case), but do not see a way around the Access Is Denied error with instances 2 and 4.

Dale

I was trying something like this:

My Program:

#include "IECustom.au3"
$title = "Help and Support Center"

If NOT WinExists ($title) Then
    Run(@SystemDir & "\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA")
    WinWaitActive($title)
Else
    WinActivate ($title)
EndIf
$OBJECT = _IEAttach ($title, "Embedded", 4)

$BODY = _IEBodyReadText ( $OBJECT )
MsgBox(0,"", "Body text: " & $BODY)oÝ÷ Ù³(uøt»z'*ÞëÚßÛjëh×6Func _IEAttach($s_string, $s_mode = "Title", $instance = 1)
    $s_mode = StringLower($s_mode)
    Local $o_Shell = ObjCreate("Shell.Application")
    Local $o_ShellWindows = $o_Shell.Windows (); collection of all ShellWindows (IE and File Explorer)
    Local $h_control, $oResult, $f_isBrowser, $s_tmp

; Embedded browser controls and modal/modeless dialogboxes are not
    ; included in ShellWindow collection so handle them seperately
    If $s_mode = "embedded" Or $s_mode = "dialogbox" Then
        Local $iWinTitleMatchMode = Opt("WinTitleMatchMode")
        Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

$h_control = ControlGetHandle($s_string, "", "Internet Explorer_Server" & $instance)
        If @ERROR Then MsgBox(0,"","No matching control found")

$oResult = __IEControlGetObjFromHWND($h_control)
        Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", $iWinTitleMatchMode)
        If IsObj($oResult) Then
            SetError($_IEStatus_Success)
            Return $oResult
        Else
            __IEErrorNotify("Warning", "_IEAttach", "$_IEStatus_NoMatch")
            SetError($_IEStatus_NoMatch, 1)
            Return 0
        EndIf
    EndIf

Heres where things get tricky for me. I have torn apart __IEControlGetObjFromHWND and still know little about it.

This line:

$RESULT = __IESendMessageTimeout($hWin, $WM_HTML_GETOBJECT, 0, 0, $SMTO_ABORTIFHUNG, 1000, $lResult)

Sets $lResult to 49246 when I pass it :

$h_control = ControlGetHandle($s_string, "", "Internet Explorer_Server1")

or

$h_control = ControlGetHandle($s_string, "", "Internet Explorer_Server4")

The limitation being that only the first instance of Internet Explorer_Server is being hit with the message.

Now since $lResult is always the same you would think this next dllcall would return the same object since thats the only independent variable:

I really think $lResult should change when __IESendMessageTimeout is passed different handles.

Edited by weaponx

Please execute my code above for instances 1, 2, 3 and 4 (change INSTANCE in the ControlGetHandle line). Hopefully you will see what I am talking about.

Dale

I get the same handle and error if I use:

$instance = 4

$h_control = ControlGetHandle($s_string, "", "Internet Explorer_Server" & $instance)

or

$h_control = ControlGetHandle("Help and Support Center", "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:4]")

IECustom.au3 (4039) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Return $oIE.document.parentwindow

Return $oIE.Document^ ERROR

You obviously are not running the example code I posted above.

That code simplifies the scenario significantly over your analysis. It demonstrates that __IEControlGetObjFromHWND is working properly, contrary to your conclusions.

There is an additional complication with instances 2 and 4 that result in an Access Is Denied COM error (which you will not see without _IEErrorHandlerRegister() or equilalent trapping). IE appears to be treating it as a cross-frame security restriction due to some characteristic of the content loaded there.

As noted above, _IEAttach does currently limit attachment to the first embedded control and I will address this as an enhancement in a future release. The workaround of calling __IEControlGetObjFromHWND directly in my example above can be used in the mean time.

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

I never tested it with instance 3 just because the window info tool didn't pick it up (since it's straight code)

I do see the COM errors on instance 4 though:

--> COM Error Encountered in New AutoIt v3 Script.au3

----> $IEComErrorScriptline = 4039 (Return $oIE.document.parentwindow)

----> $IEComErrorNumberHex = 80020009

----> $IEComErrorNumber = -2147352567

----> $IEComErrorWinDescription = Access is denied.

----> $IEComErrorDescription = Access is denied.

----> $IEComErrorSource =

----> $IEComErrorHelpFile = C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshtml.hlp

----> $IEComErrorHelpContext = 0

----> $IEComErrorLastDllError = 0

--> IE.au3 Error from function _IEDocReadHTML, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

--> IE.au3 Warning from function _IEAttach, $_IEStatus_NoMatch

--> IE.au3 Error from function _IEBodyReadText, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

So it's almost as if this control is locked somehow?

Whats strange to me is that

If IsObj($aRet[4]) Then

is successful, so some kind of object is being returned from the oleacc.dll, I wonder what kind of object it is.

Edited by weaponx

It is a DispHTMLWindow2 object just as you would expect. you can actually do a .navigate on that $aRet[4] object, to www.google.com for example, and you'll get a google in that bottom right quadrant.

There is a security restriction in IE that is preventing you from diving into the DOM in that instance. Again, it would appear that IE is seeing the access as a cross-frame security violation, whis is typically when that Access Is Denied error is generated.

Dale

I see what you mean. I did this:

$oIE = $aRet[4].Script ().navigate("http://www.google.com")

So if $aRet[4].Script () is the IHTMLWindow2 Interface I assume most or all of these functions are available:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa741505.aspx

Can any functions be called on the root $aRet[4] object other than Script() ????

Most result in Access Is Denied -- I tried.

Dale

The documents loaded in the Help and Support center use a special protocol (hcp://) registered specifically for its use. There have been some security vulnerabilities discovered with hcp:// in the past and I am guessing that they have therefore flipped the "paranoid bit" -- likely explaining the Access Is Denied errors. I cannot find anything documented on this and do not expect a workaround, but would be glad to be proven wrong.

Dale