GUICtrlCreateEdit add data to last line, trying to create a "console".

jokke

Hiya, im trying to create a console inn a GUICtrlCreateEdit, i have a problem where i have a dataflow about 2 - 5 lines a sec, if the char "blinker" (|) is clicked at a line, all data added will start adding between old data making a soup of text.

Anyone have any idea on how to be sure data added inn a edit is allways added at the end ?

UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

thanks =)

Edited by jokke
UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

• 6 years later...

Oh I have seen that this thread is already seven years old. I guess that the AutoIt language itselfs ungoes many changes. As far as I can interpret the proposed solution from weaponx,   every time a new line is added to the "console" the complete text must be read in again, ... and again and again to display the complete text + new line.

Is this today still the top-proposal to simulate a line-based realtime output? I have not enough experience / knowledge about AutoIt to deliver a judgement. But I thought that this solution would slowdown the process when the edit-console is filled with more and more text / content.

Regards

Auto42

I have not enough experience / knowledge about AutoIt to deliver a judgement.

Do you have a help file?

GUICtrlSetData ( controlID, data , default)

[optional]

Combo, List: The default value.

Edit, Input: If non-empty (""), the string is inserted at the current insertion point (caret).

Return Value

What that means is if you put anything other than an empty string into the third parameter, then the new data is inserted into the edit control at whatever position the caret is. If the caret is at the bottom of the edit control then that is where the new data will be placed.

Or you could use _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText found in the GUIEdit.au3 UDFs.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator