How to check\set\reset an application checkbox

pseakins

I'm porting some MacroScheduler hotkey routines into AutoIt. Currently stumped finding an equivalent to MSC's "GetCheckBox".

I have found AU3's "GuiCtrlRead" but, as I read it, I think it is used to access controls that have been created by the script. I say this because the controls seem to be referenced using "controlID" which is generated when GUICtrlCreate builds a form. I'm looking to access and change controls in an existing application. Am I reading this wrongly?

Basically, I need to run an application, open its "settings" panel and then set or clear various checkboxes on the form.

I would appreciate anyone pointing me to some example AU3 code which does this or something similar.

Thanks in advance.

Phil Seakins

will this help?

Thanks for the code, but no, this will not help. I am looking to access controls in an existing application, NOT in a gui created within the AU3 script itself.

I think the answer might lie with ControlCommand but I haven't nutted out how yet.

Edited by pseakins

Phil Seakins

Thanks for the code, but no, this will not help. I am looking to access controls in an existing application, NOT in a gui created within the AU3 script itself.

I think the answer might lie with ControlCommand but I haven't nutted out how yet.

Look in the help file at the commands you can apply with ControlCommand(). Specifically Check and UnCheck to perform the action, and IsChecked to see status.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law