• 1280x720
    • 1024x768
    • 800x600

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, @Justin: If you are adventurous, take a look at the AyEyePad source to see an alternative way for multitasking (not using GUISetOnEvent). In short, I declare global variables for the state of each window, and just put an If statement in the while loop like:

If $STATE_thiswindow = True Then
Just set it to true when the window opens, and False when it is closed. Check for all the GUI messages (button clicks, close, etc.) inside that If statement.

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Cool, I'll look around for it. Thanks. :P

Edit: No, that doesn't work, all my applications are restrained in functions, using your method I'd have to globally declare all the controls in each application, which would take up a lot of space. But thanks. :);)

Edited by JustinReno

It really isn't a bad OS shell, but I think you should work more on qaulity than on qaunity of features.

Suggestions:

Allow for any app to be added to the start menu. It shouldn't be to hard to do.

Just store all the app locations in an ini file, and check for file existence on load.

That way it will only display the applications that are on that computer.

You won the contest, so where the When excatly are you gong to release your code. Me and many other Could/WILL learn for it

How do you want to learn from this? This is really basic stuff..

I recently got a decompiler that works for the latest versions, and I was able to decompile MicroOS.

The main loop, is a simple message loop calling a function that belongs to a program.. Like:

Case $DESKTOPINTERNETBUTTON
    _INTERNET("1")

Cool, I'll look around for it. Thanks. :P

Edit: No, that doesn't work, all my applications are restrained in functions, using your method I'd have to globally declare all the controls in each application, which would take up a lot of space. But thanks. :);)

I did it.. If you're willing to continue this project you should spend the time to work on that upgrade. It really isn't too hard, just prefixing "Global " to a bunch of variables is code monkey work. But every now and then, you have to do stuff like that which takes a bit of time. Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

• 6 months later...

A note to the battery issue on the first page: When polling the battery's level, if it is plugged it, it usually never says 100% because 1) its impossible to get a battery at 100% in the first place, 2) the poll most likely doesn't round UP, and 3) your battery, whether your computer is plugged in or not, is always being used FOR polling.

Great idea, by the way!

Monkeh.