• 1280x720
    • 1024x768
    • 800x600

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 99% sure there's some topic about using transparent GIFs/PNGs in picture controls. You can just use them like this:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
$pic = GUICtrlCreatePic("blah.gif", 0, 0, 100, 100);
While 1;
            $nMsg = GUIGetMsg();
            Switch $nMsg;
                   Case $pic;
                        ; do something...
            EndSwitch;
WEnd;

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

There is a topic about it, but I couldn't figure out a way to implement it. And the pictures I'm using are Icons, which don't work. I'll look in the help file.

Edit: YAY! My 1000th post!

Edit: I found GuiCtrlCreateIcon, let me see how it looks.

Edit: The icons I were using don't have transparent backgrounds. ;)

Edit: I made the icon buttons as small as possible, they look better, I'll test them on the resolutions to see how they work.

Edit: After tweaking them abit, they look fine, I'll upload the new executable in a couple of minutes.

Edit: Ok, updated the exe. One new feature is that if no background is selected, it will randomly pick from two backgrounds on start up. Also, can someone configure MicroOS and see if it gives you an error after restart? Thanks. :P

Edited by JustinReno

@Ashley & @JustinReno both of you need to grow up! Why do you waste your time telling each other you're not the best, none of us know everything thats what the community here is for... So stop trying to act like the best person on the forum and try to help each other... If you dont like one another stay off each others posts!

[center][/center]

@Ashley & @JustinReno both of you need to grow up! Why do you waste your time telling each other you're not the best, none of us know everything thats what the community here is for... So stop trying to act like the best person on the forum and try to help each other... If you dont like one another stay off each others posts!

I'm not the best, As I said. MicroOS probably won't be updated for awhile, Autoit keeps giving me an error on startup.

I am not saying im the best on the fourm, because i know that im probaly one of the worst.

Look if offended you im sorry, but im not saying anything becuase im a judge in the shell comp, and if i help him i wont be able to give him marks for it because it my work.

Well so far its nice... but a better look would be nice... try using a skin like the VistaShell has, but if you can make ur own skin that is 100% orignal, that would give u a lot of marks from me in the graphical side of things.

I've updated to Beta 4, if it gives you an error after configuring it(After it restarts) please tell! I'm having troubles with that, and I'm not sure if its a true bug.

Thanks Dbak.

How does this MicroOS handle internet cache? Does this truly write nothing to your hard drive?

It uses Internet Explorer, so it writes in your temporary internet files/cookies folder.

I've updated to Beta 4, if it gives you an error after configuring it(After it restarts) please tell! I'm having troubles with that, and I'm not sure if its a true bug.

Thanks Dbak.

It uses Internet Explorer, so it writes in your temporary internet files/cookies folder.

There's no error for me. However, three more suggestions:
  • If Start Menu is clicked when it is already open, it should close.
  • Clicking Help opens the web browser... what's up with that? :P
  • PET PEEVE ALERT: If you click "Change Password" in the Control Panel, part of the prompt uses you're when it should be your.
Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

For the first bullet, it would be unfair to people with sensitive touchpads.

For the second, if you have linux, AutoIt probably won't find the TempDir where the internet browser is supposed to find the help file.

For the third, Ok, I'll fix it.

Thanks Dbak.

Thanks, I appreciate the response. This is very cool.

Upload your final version then post your link in the shell comp...

And ill mark it...

And justin i know we have fallen out in the past....

But i will mark it like all other judges will...

Il leave the past behind us if your willin to leave the past arguments behind your self too.

Aww.

Great job Justin, it's definitely improved from the start. I still think you should be using pictures as icons, though; the buttons really scream "UGLY!!"