• Windows 2000/ME or lower
  2. 2. What's your screen resolution?

• 1440x900
    • 1280x1024
    • 1280x768
    • 1280x720
    • 1024x768
    • 800x600

But in essence this really isn't a shell, is it? It's a window that launches AutoIt scripts... it would be cool if you could set a desktop background image, that would be pretty easy, wouldn't it?

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Ashley, AutoIt cannot make an OS, and there would be no way anyone would buy it. AutoIt cannot multithread easily so it wouldnt be worth it.

If you want to make an OS/shell look into ASM/C++/C even Delphi if you know what your doing.

Have fun!

-James

Only assembly can do it.... Look for NASM or TASM

i542, I found this control once before, if I could only remember. It was just a basic one found when using Koda if I remmeber correctly.

I found only Preview control...

You shouldn't cheat off others code i542 :dance: And I didn't use a control :bye:;):P;):P

I do not cheat! It would be nice if you post source, I always give source with my programs so other can steal from me. And if you didnt use control... :)

A booting Kernel Would be nice too :lol:

Well you try to make it! (I prefer Vixta - www.vixta.org)

Once again Nahuel's stone age computer inhibits functionality. :cheer:

You call Windows 2000 stone age?! I have desktop PC with Windows 95! (I cant move to higher)

Haha. Ashley, AutoIt cannot make an OS, and there would be no way anyone would buy it. AutoIt cannot multithread easily so it wouldnt be worth it.

If you want to make an OS/shell look into ASM/C++/C even Delphi if you know what your doing.

Have fun!

-James

Was that you who give me this but I found this somewhere in my bookmarks (in the meantime it must be turned in intelligent form of life, how old is it).

ASM Tutorial - Ready to Start!

I can do signature me.

Things that are NOT bugs:

1. The big red X

@Sandman: Above, I said that the backround image functions caused alot of bugs, which is why I put the desktop color on.

Same here also when i locked it i put password as 5 and then unlocked with the correct password it said correct, but then the lock window was still there i could not locse anyof them i had to do it through task manager

It works fine here, what OS are you using?

And I did use a control :) for the File Browser, IE and navigated to the desktopdir.

And I'll put up the source sense you guys asked nicely!

Edited by JustinReno

I reupdated MicroOS with a new a bunch of new features. Alien13, I didn't see anything change.

There is still a bug with the registry. If you click Startupsound --> Cancel nothing works. That makes it impossible to exit your script because the Start button doesn't work. Which means I had to use the Process manager to kill it.

Good changes though.

EDIT: Also, in the registry, I didn't change anything and it still said I needed to restart. Concerning restart, why not actually make it restart not just shutdown. Look for Valuater's stuff... he has a collected bunch of functions from people and restart is in there.

EDIT2: With lock, cancel still doesn't work.

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Ok, Most of the bugs were fixed, I need to fix the lock cancel button soon.

Added a formal start menu, fixed most of the cancel button bugs. Thanks for all your replies!

Just noticed: Your clock stops whenever something else is happening, even something as simple as clicking a menu. I would suggest using AdLibEnable()... and if your not using GuiOnEvent() mode then you should do that too, it leaves the main loop open for other things.
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

And I did use a control :) for the File Browser, IE and navigated to the desktopdir.

I think it would be better if you add the "Address" bar and that you start on desktop!

And...

GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("About",-1)

This piece of code makes that, when you click on About on menu bar, you see About window without going to About -> About

i542, yes, I gave you the link.

OH, thank you, I now remember!

I can do signature me.

i542, yes, I gave you the link.

Gif, ASM isnt the only thing to make an OS.

James can you please (or anyone else) solve me a big question? How are programming language written??

I know that ASM is not the only way to write a REAL OS, however i doubt that you can write one in C (or any C language).. I think pascal is able to do so.

Anyway assembler languages are undoubtely the best.

Edited by Gif

James can you please (or anyone else) solve me a big question? How are programming language written??

What was first, chicken or egg?

EDIT: I found these on Ubuntu forums. Probably mr. Linus PM somebody to answer their question... :)

Edited by i542

I can do signature me.

No, and It probably won't be in a couple of days, I just made another big update, its not ready for release yet but it has:

1. Desktop Image with no bugs

2. New App: Calculator

3. Starts Full Screen

4. Removed the Start from the menu bar and gave it its own little button in the bottem left corner.

5. Put some main applications icons on the desktop (Internet, Music Player, Notepad)

Thanks again for all your replies! Any more feedback is appreciated!