Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BAM5

Desktop changer

11 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Pretty basic, used it to test some stuff though, I now know I can check the msg using a for to loop, comes in handy when the user defines it :)

How it works:

1. Set up your desktop the way you like it.

2. Click save on the tray menu.

3. Give the configuration a name.

4. Repeat for all desktop configurations.

5. Go under the sub-menu "Desktops" and select the desktop configuration you want restored.

Note: If your original file was a jpeg it will delay because it is converting it into a bitmap first then it will set the background.

#Include <GDIPlus.au3>

Opt ("TrayMenuMode", 1)

$error = 0
Local $tray[50]
$sFile = @ScriptDir & "\Data.ini"
If Not FileExists ($sFile) Then
   FileWrite ($sFile, "")
EndIf

$desktops = TrayCreateMenu ("Desktops")
$save = TrayCreateItem ("Save Current Background")
$exit = TrayCreateItem ("Exit")

writetray()

While 1
   $msg = TrayGetMsg ()
   $infos = IniReadSectionNames ($sFile)
   If @error Then
      $error = 1
   EndIf
   Select
      Case $msg = $save
         SaveCurWallpaperSettings ($sFile)
         If Not $error = 1 Then
            For $i = 1 To $infos[0]
               TrayItemDelete ($tray[$i])
            Next
         EndIf
         writetray()
      Case $msg = $exit
         Exit 0
   EndSelect
   If Not $error = 1 Then
      For $i = 1 To $infos[0]
         If $msg = $tray[$i] Then
            RestoreWallpaper ($sFile, $i)
         EndIf
      Next
   EndIf
WEnd

Func SaveCurWallpaperSettings($file, $num=-1)
   If $num = -1 Then
      $amount = IniReadSectionNames ($sFile)
      If Not @error Then
         $num = $amount[0] + 1
      Else
         $num = 1
      EndIf
   EndIf
    $CWallpaperFile = RegRead ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "Wallpaper")
    $CWallpaperTile = RegRead ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "TileWallpaper")
    $CWallpaperStyle = RegRead ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "WallpaperStyle")
    $name = InputBox ("Name?", "Enter the name for the save")
    If StringInStr ($CWallpaperFile, "\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp") Then
       $CWallpaperFile = RegRead ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "ConvertedWallpaper")
    EndIf
    IniWriteSection ($file, $num, "1=" & $CWallpaperFile & @LF & "2=" & $CWallpaperTile & @LF & "3=" & $CWallpaperStyle & @LF & "4=" & $name)
EndFunc

Func RestoreWallpaper ($file, $num)
    $info = IniReadSection ($file, $num)
    If StringInStr ($info[1][1], ".bmp") Then
       RegWrite('HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop', 'Wallpaper', 'reg_sz', $info[1][1])
       RegWrite ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "TileWallpaper", "REG_SZ", $info[2][1])
       RegWrite ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "WallpaperStyle", "REG_SZ", $info[3][1])
       DllCall("user32", "int", "SystemParametersInfo", "int", 20, "int", 0, "str", $info[1][1], "int", 0)
    Else
       RegWrite ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "TileWallpaper", "REG_SZ", $info[2][1])
       RegWrite ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "WallpaperStyle", "REG_SZ", $info[3][1])
       ChangeWallpaper ($info[1][1])
    EndIf
 EndFunc

Func writetray ()
    $saves = IniReadSectionNames ($sFile)
    If Not @error = 1 Then
      For $i = 1 To $saves[0]
         $hehe = IniReadSection ($sFile, $i)
         $tray[$i] = TrayCreateItem ($hehe[4][1], $desktops)
      Next
   EndIf
EndFunc

Func ConvertImg($sImage, $sDestWithNewExt, $extension="BMP")
    _GDIPlus_StartUp()
    $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($sImage)
    $sCLSID = _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID($extension)
    _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFileEx($hImage, $sDestWithNewExt, $sCLSID)
    _GDIPlus_ShutDown()
EndFunc

Func ChangeWallpaper($sFile)
    $sCheck=StringSplit($sFile, ".")
    If $sCheck[2] = "bmp" Then
        RegWrite('HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop', 'Wallpaper', 'reg_sz', $sFile)
        DllCall("user32", "int", "SystemParametersInfo", "int", 20, "int", 0, "str", $sFile, "int", 0)
    Else
        ConvertImg ($sFile, $sCheck[1] & ".bmp", "bmp")
        RegWrite('HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop', 'Wallpaper', 'reg_sz', $sCheck[1] & ".bmp")
        DllCall("user32", "int", "SystemParametersInfo", "int", 20, "int", 0, "str", $sCheck[1] & ".bmp", "int", 0)
    EndIf
EndFunc

Downloaded current version of autoit and tested it and it works. I have windows xp sp2.

Will be updating, many things I can improve but for now here is a rough working version

Edited by bam5

[center]JSON Encoding UDF[/center]

That lib is no longer available to the public, might try again with something the public can use.

Look in the autoit help for GDIPlus Management.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

That lib is no longer available to the public, might try again with something the public can use.

Look in the autoit help for GDIPlus Management.

Wait, WHAT? That was some good stuff why isn't it available anymore?

Wait, WHAT? That was some good stuff why isn't it available anymore?

A3LGDIPlus.au3 => GDIPlus.au3

//Current AutoIt v3 included A3*

Any used functions, _GDIP_* => _GDIPlus_*

thx,

The change is actually very easy (generally). I had to change a few scripts and all you have to do is open the script and replace asll _GDIP_ with _GDIPlus_ and change the include name.

Are you planning on changing your code so we can see how this works?

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

The change is actually very easy (generally). I had to change a few scripts and all you have to do is open the script and replace asll _GDIP_ with _GDIPlus_ and change the include name.

Are you planning on changing your code so we can see how this works?

O ok, I see now, for a second I thought it was gone completely as in its no longer compatible.

Yes I will start converting it to the new script right away!

First thing, you can click "Edit" to change a post. I suggest you do this and update your first post in this topic.

Second, it works pretty well. There are a few bug though... When I saved my first desktop it made two tray icons for it for some reason.

Third, it would actually change the desktop until I restarted the program. I'm not sure why that is...

Good work on what you have so far!

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

First thing, you can click "Edit" to change a post. I suggest you do this and update your first post in this topic.

Second, it works pretty well. There are a few bug though... When I saved my first desktop it made two tray icons for it for some reason.

Third, it would actually change the desktop until I restarted the program. I'm not sure why that is...

Good work on what you have so far!

Hmm.. Well I'm not sure I have explained how this works so.

5. Go under the sub-menu "Desktops" and select the desktop configuration you want restored.

Note: If your original file was a jpeg it will delay because it is converting it into a bitmap first then it will set the background.

Hmm.. Well I'm not sure I have explained how this works so.

Is this just for the background? Or does it move the icons/files/folders too?

#10 ·  Posted (edited)

Is this just for the background? Or does it move the icons/files/folders too?

Just for the background but good idea. I know how to save and restore icons thanks to the icon restorator in the downloads section and I think I will add it to the script.

The reason I said configuration is because it also saves aspects of the background such as if it is tiled centered or stretched which are all in the registry.

Edited by bam5

Just for the background but good idea. I know how to save and restore icons thanks to the icon restorator in the downloads section and I think I will add it to the script.

The reason I said configuration is because it also saves aspects of the background such as if it is tiled centered or stretched which are all in the registry.

Look at Multiple Desktops in my signature. It could give you some ideas on improvements...