Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
agertnas

Saving a link, by mouse click?

2 posts in this topic

I'm trying to make up a program that will allow me to save links on pages that I go to that I might want to look at on a later time.

For example, I come to 40 pages of stuff I want to learn how to do on the autoit forums..

What I would want to do, is click on this link to this thread, or to any website and have it save the website URL to an ini file, or maybe an excel file, whichever works.

Is it possible to set this up with autoit?

I believe I want to set it up with a hotkey, like hold down X key + left mouse button and it will save the link I click on, or something to that effect.

Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to send me to some help files :-P

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

firefox addons Copy URL+

http://copyurlplus.mozdev.org/

if you are using IE:

Use Autoit Windows info tool

HotKeySet

Filewriteline

clipput() - puts copied text to clip

clipget()

there are many ways for example BOOKMARK the link or put under favorites in IE get link adress from IE URL field:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)     ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase

$var = ControlGetText("Windows Internet Explorer", "", "Edit1")
;$var = ControlGetText("Windows Internet Explorer", "", "msctls_statusbar321") ; or to get text from statusbar
MsgBox(0, "Text read was:", $var)
Edited by goldenix

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]