Synapse

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ,

Error

Not Supporting The Project Windows Vista.

Posted Image

Hmm...if i understand well u want to say that is not working on Vista? Could be...i said that i never had the chance to try it on Vista...

@Tlem...i know windows sucks....i`ll try (or if someone has a better ideea on how to solve this please post) find something that bypasses this block of files that are in use......thx for the reply...

Hmm...if i understand well u want to say that is not working on Vista? Could be...i said that i never had the chance to try it on Vista...

@Tlem...i know windows sucks....i`ll try (or if someone has a better ideea on how to solve this please post) find something that bypasses this block of files that are in use......thx for the reply...

Thank To Reply

After Script analysation :

The error in function _GUIImageList_AddIcon

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _GUIImageList_AddIcon
; Description ...: Adds an icon to an image list
; Syntax.........: _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hWnd, $sFile[, $iIndex=0])
; Parameters ....: $hWnd        - Handle to the control
;                  $sFile       - Path to the icon that contains the image
;                  $iIndex      - Specifies the zero-based index of the icon to extract
; Return values .: Success      - The index of the image
;                  Failrue      - -1
; Author ........: Paul Campbell (PaulIA)
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......: _GUIImageList_Add, _GUIImageList_AddBitmap
; Link ..........;
; Example .......; Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hWnd, $sFile, $iIndex = 0)
    Local $tIcon, $iResult, $hIcon

$tIcon = DllStructCreate("int Handle")
    $iResult = _WinAPI_ExtractIconEx($sFile, $iIndex, 0, DllStructGetPtr($tIcon), 1)
    _WinAPI_Check("_GUIImageList_AddIcon", ($iResult <= 0), -1)

$hIcon = DllStructGetData($tIcon, "Handle")
    $iResult = _GUIImageList_ReplaceIcon($hWnd, -1, $hIcon)
    _WinAPI_Check("_GUIImageList_AddIcon", ($iResult = -1), -2)
    _WinAPI_DestroyIcon($hIcon)
    Return $iResult
EndFunc   ;==>_GUIImageList_AddIcon

Please update function To Use in Windows Vista .

And thanks to All members .

German Translation

was lil bored during work and found this nice tool. i did not test it till now, but i wrote the translation in german =)

INSERT INTO "Lang" VALUES('Deutsch','Backup','Name','Exit','Version:','Auf Updates prüfen','Optionen','Mit Windows starten','Splashscreen deaktivieren','Während des Backup zum Tray minimieren','Minimiert starten','Sprache:','Backup Optionen','Ein Backup gleichzeitig ausführen (Empfohlen)','Meldungen deaktivieren','Jetzt starten','Modifizieren','Löschen','Soll SyncX wirklich beendet werden ?','Backup löschen','Wollen Sie folgendes löschen: ','Sprache','Die Sprache wird beim nächsten Neustart geändert!','Wollen Sie jetzt neustarten?','Neues Backup','Pfade','Quellpfad','Von...','Zielpfad','Nach...','Backup Name hier','Einstellungen','Kopiere Verzeichnis und Unterverzeichnis ausser Leere','Kopiere alle Verzeichnis und Unterverzeichnis','Keine Anzeige der Dateinamen während des Kopiervorganges','Zeige alle Quell- und Zieldateinamen während des Kopiervorganges','Neue Dateien Bestätigen','Bei Fehlern Kopiervorgang fortsetzen','Kopiere auch verstecke Systemdateien','Überschreibe Schreibgeschützte Dateien','Überschreibe alle vorhandenen Zieldateien','Verstecke den Prozess','Planer','Starte das Backup jeden:','Tag|Sonntag|Montag|Dienstag|Mittwoch|Donnerstag|Freitag|Samstag','Tag','Um:','Stunde:','Minute:','Ok','Abbrechen','Ändern','Jetzt','Wähle den Zielpfad:','Wähle den Quellpfad:','Backup Name','Quellpfad','Zielpfad','Fehler','Ein oder mehr Felder im Planer fehlen!','Erfolg!','Backup erfolgreich hinzugefügt!','Backup erfolgreich geändert!','Backup wurde gestartet.','Backup wurde beendet.','Dauer: ','Montag','Dienstag','Mittwoch','Donnerstag','Freitag','Samstag','Sonntag','Fügt ein neues Backup zur Liste hinzu','Ändert ausgewähltes Backup','Entfernt ausgewähltes Backup',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,

NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);

[btw: my first post here ^^]

German Translation

was lil bored during work and found this nice tool. i did not test it till now, but i wrote the translation in german =)

INSERT INTO "Lang" VALUES('Deutsch','Backup','Name','Exit','Version:','Auf Updates prüfen','Optionen','Mit Windows starten','Splashscreen deaktivieren','Während des Backup zum Tray minimieren','Minimiert starten','Sprache:','Backup Optionen','Ein Backup gleichzeitig ausführen (Empfohlen)','Meldungen deaktivieren','Jetzt starten','Modifizieren','Löschen','Soll SyncX wirklich beendet werden ?','Backup löschen','Wollen Sie folgendes löschen: ','Sprache','Die Sprache wird beim nächsten Neustart geändert!','Wollen Sie jetzt neustarten?','Neues Backup','Pfade','Quellpfad','Von...','Zielpfad','Nach...','Backup Name hier','Einstellungen','Kopiere Verzeichnis und Unterverzeichnis ausser Leere','Kopiere alle Verzeichnis und Unterverzeichnis','Keine Anzeige der Dateinamen während des Kopiervorganges','Zeige alle Quell- und Zieldateinamen während des Kopiervorganges','Neue Dateien Bestätigen','Bei Fehlern Kopiervorgang fortsetzen','Kopiere auch verstecke Systemdateien','Überschreibe Schreibgeschützte Dateien','Überschreibe alle vorhandenen Zieldateien','Verstecke den Prozess','Planer','Starte das Backup jeden:','Tag|Sonntag|Montag|Dienstag|Mittwoch|Donnerstag|Freitag|Samstag','Tag','Um:','Stunde:','Minute:','Ok','Abbrechen','Ändern','Jetzt','Wähle den Zielpfad:','Wähle den Quellpfad:','Backup Name','Quellpfad','Zielpfad','Fehler','Ein oder mehr Felder im Planer fehlen!','Erfolg!','Backup erfolgreich hinzugefügt!','Backup erfolgreich geändert!','Backup wurde gestartet.','Backup wurde beendet.','Dauer: ','Montag','Dienstag','Mittwoch','Donnerstag','Freitag','Samstag','Sonntag','Fügt ein neues Backup zur Liste hinzu','Ändert ausgewähltes Backup','Entfernt ausgewähltes Backup',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,

NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);

[btw: my first post here ^^]

Thx for your help... :D...in the future...if there will be more things to translate I`m counting on you...thx again :D

Like I said before, you must use Vshadow from Microsoft to make a volume shadow and copy files without any constrains.

Take a look here : http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb530725.aspx for more informations.

Notice that it's just for local files.

Remote locked files are not covered.

Best Regards.Thierry

Like I said before, you must use Vshadow from Microsoft to make a volume shadow and copy files without any constrains.

Take a look here : http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb530725.aspx for more informations.

Notice that it's just for local files.

Remote locked files are not covered.

Hi Tlem...i think i found another way...using robocopy from Windows Server 2003...it has a lot of functions....log writers...and copied protected files....So..i`ll make some tests..and insert it in the next release...

BTW thx for showing me shadow copy thing...in case not working with robocopy i`ll use shadow copy :D

Like you want.

Just for information, it doesn't work with Robocopy (I try it before), but perhaps the 2003 server version is different and have Vss on it ...

Good luck. :D

Edited by Tlem

Best Regards.Thierry

• 3 months later...

Typo in English translation?

Disabla Splashscreen (Disable)

Backup Oprions (Options)

Recommanded (Recommended)

file names (is one word? Could be my mistake)

successfuly (two ll's)

And personally, but that may be just an annoying thing of mine Would like to see:

Adds a new backup to the list

into:

Adds a new backup job to the list

Edit: Added more errors

Edited by Triblade

My active project(s): A-maze-ing generator (generates a maze)

My archived project(s): Pong3 (Multi-pinger)

First post updated...

Fixed the download links..

Corrected the grammatical errors (due to fast writing... :P)

Sorry for the long wait...i didn`t updated the thread...cuz i saw that no one was interested in the code...nor using it...

Cheers...

PS. a bigger update will be released later on...

Thanks for the links. Nice program. I think it needs a better GUI. More colors and stuff. Good backup utility! Probably what i'll use for awhile. I need a option to backup at startup. When I log on, the program runs (hidden) and backups my specified stuff (hidden)!

Allow to backup 1 file, not a whole folder.

Edited by Alienware

The first time I ran this, with like 6 backup folders, it said: Backup ended Duration: 0 seconds. I click it again, and it starts backing up. Now, I run it, and click Backup Now, and it says: Backup ended. Duration: 0s... And I keep tring to click it and it does the same exact thing. :P:P

Hmm strange...for me the timer works perfectly...i says exactly how minutes/seconds it took.....If u click the backup button after it allready did the backup i will do it...but i don`t think will backup anything...cuz the application backups only the new files or the ones that were modified.

I`ll add the start-up option and for the new gui...well i allready working on it.

Hi!

Two things.

Scheduled backups take place even if I close the program, right?

I chose to have backup every day but it says Saturday in the main GUI, bug?

Oh, and really nice program :P

If u close it using the X button it will go to tray..and still backuping ur stuff if u use the close button under the Backup now button...it will shutdown.

For the saturday thing...i thing it`s a bug...i`ll update the script and repost the source and binary...

If u close it using the X button it will go to tray..and still backuping ur stuff if u use the close button under the Backup now button...it will shutdown.

For the saturday thing...i thing it`s a bug...i`ll update the script and repost the source and binary...

Ok, it would be cool if the program used windows scheduler to start the program if it's closed :P

I added Swedish to the database, but I don't know how to export it like the others did.

It seems to not like Swedish special chars though (å,ä,ö), don't know if it's your script or sqlite.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Ok, it would be cool if the program used windows scheduler to start the program if it's closed :P

I added Swedish to the database, but I don't know how to export it like the others did.

It seems to not like Swedish special chars though (å,ä,ö), don't know if it's your script or sqlite.

u could use from the utils folder in the source code zip...there`s the db editor...u could that to dump the language file....or use from commandline sqlite.exe (i think is sqlite.exe -dump dbname > file.exe)

do u have an example that i could use to include the windows scheduler in autoit?

Thx