Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scharak

Help with a mouse cursor question

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys and gals.

I'm kinda new to all this scripting and especially autoit.

Well I started out easy and made a simple script for foraging in a game called Star Wars Galaxies.

Script below:

;StarWarsGalaxies Forager Version 2 with Auto Delete

;Sleep("5000")

Sleep("5000")

$i = 0

Do

If WinActive( "Star Wars Galaxies", "" ) Then

Send("{w down}") ;Walk Forward

Sleep ("1000")

MouseClick ( "right" , 392, 627, 1 ) ;Right Click Space where they go into inventory

Sleep("100")

send("{2 down}") ;once Right clicked this 2 deletes all enzymes

send("{2 up}")

Sleep("100")

MouseClick ( "left" , 463, 629, 1 ) ;If not an Enzyme this closes Data Disk Info Close Screen -X-

Sleep("100")

Sleep ("100")

MouseClickDrag ( "left" , 392, 627, 328, 627, 1) ;Drag map to backpack (mapx,mapy,backpackx,backpacky)

Sleep("2000")

Send("{w up}") ;Stop Walking forward

Sleep("500")

Send("{n down}") ;Created a /forage macro and mapped it to N, this triggers forage macro /forage

Send("{n up}")

Sleep("2500")

EndIf

Until $i = 1

And it works well.

After a couple of hours sitting and watching TV cause the script uses my mouse, I set myself up to see if I could find someone to answer a question for me.

Which lead me to this forum.

I'm running Star Wars Galaxies in a window that is 1024X7xx, If that should be of any help.

Well my question is:

If it's possible to make the script or editing in options so I can use my mouse, while the script is running in the background, so I can surf on the internet, watch a movie or do other things?

As it is right now it uses my mouse, so I cant do one of the above things or anything at all other than watch it.

Thanks in advance and Regards

Scharak

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

you cant do that. It is not possible.

Edited by goldenix

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

you cant do that. It is not possible.

ok thx :)

You can fix dual monitor so you can at least watch a movie on the other screen :)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

There may be another way.. I'm not sure if this will work for a game, but at work I had this problem, and got around it by using SendMessage. Control & _GuiCtrl_ functions didn't work properly with the program I needed to automate, and I didn't want to use MouseClick and Send, because it was just too unreliable. So I spent some time figuring out what messages were being sent to the window and controls with Winspector (Google it). Then, after some trial and error, I was able to do everything I needed with a bunch of SendMessages.