Radical 2 BETA

CoderDunn

The screen Capture option ....

* 1) I understand, and it will be done but later. Right now I'm trying to get everything done simple, then will improve them later. If you maximize the server window, and drag the slider separating the client list and the right panel, the screenshot tab will hopefully be big enough to where you don't have to scroll so much.

Can only download & upload 1 file at the time? ( Why not to make a Queue option )

* 2) You should be able to do multiple downloads and uploads, because each one is on it's own connection, therefore on it's own thread. Do you get a message when trying to do more than one?

* 3) It auto-refreshes. Pings auto-refresh every 5 seconds.

1) Since it will take ages can you just add a Refresh counter until? (Start Refrest counter button, stop counter button & inputbox)

2) You can only select one file at a time to download or Upload. Is what I meant. & there is also this annoying Confirmation dialog for each file.

3) Try disconnect a a user & it will vanish from the list, what if you need that user back, only option is to restart the server?

4) Almost Forgot it needs a version Nr (WinHide 0.3.3...). or ppl wont know if their files are up to date.

Edited by goldenix
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

Thank you for a new update, and the new features!

I also have a suggestion, to set the message box title, and icon in it.

About the video capture, I don't think a video capture can be done without a third party program. You might be able to find a video .dll to tell it to capture the screen for $time amount of minutes/hours, and then save it to $save.

EDIT: The message box titles on the Server, should have Radical 2 Server at the top instead of, "Are You Sure?" etc.

EDIT: Maybe for the 'ShellExecute' stuff, you can check if the link has http://www. or https://www. before the link, so in AutoIt terms:

If Not StringLeft($Link, 11) = "http://www." Or StringLeft($Link, 12) = "https://www." Then $Link = "http://www." & $Link

EDIT: _SingleTon() Or whatever on the Server.

EDIT: Have a option to shutdown the Client.exe on the Clients system.

EDIT: Why does on the server when you have a client, it will flash red every 4-5 seconds?

Edited by JasonB

Version 0.5.0.0 released (Yes there is finally a version number)

CODE

7/01/2008

=== Version 0.5.0.0 ===

- Added: Single instance check for server (was harder than I thought xD)

- Changed: "Are you sure?" message box titles to "Radical 2 Server"

- Changed: File transfer connections no longer appear in the client list

- Changed: File transfers no longer use the standard notifications in the console

Since it will take ages can you just add a Refresh counter until? (Start Refrest counter button, stop counter button & inputbox)

I'll try to figure an auto refresh out.

You can only select one file at a time to download or Upload. Is what I meant. & there is also this annoying Confirmation dialog for each file.

I will see if I can make a form like the Fire Fox download window.

Try disconnect a a user & it will vanish from the list, what if you need that user back, only option is to restart the server?

Disconnecting was more for testing purposes at the time. I will change it to "Restart Client" or something

Almost Forgot it needs a version Nr (WinHide 0.3.3...). or ppl wont know if their files are up to date.

Done.

Maybe for the 'ShellExecute' stuff, you can check if the link has http://www. or https://www. before the link, so in AutoIt terms:

I could, but I want Shell Execute to work for things other than just URL's

_SingleTon() Or whatever on the Server.

Done.

Have a option to shutdown the Client.exe on the Clients system.

The "Shutdown" button under the client list does this.

Why does on the server when you have a client, it will flash red every 4-5 seconds?

A client turns red when it's "busy". It's meant to prevent you from sending the client packets while it's in a block of code (like uploading a screenshot). The server pings the clients once every 5 seconds, so that's why it is turning red. Do you think the client turning red is a bad thing or a good thing?

~ Hallman

Edited by Hallman

Version 0.5.0.0 released (Yes there is finally a version number)

CODE

7/01/2008

=== Version 0.5.0.0 ===

- Added: Single instance check for server (was harder than I thought xD)

- Changed: "Are you sure?" message box titles to "Radical 2 Server"

- Changed: File transfer connections no longer appear in the client list

- Changed: File transfers no longer use the standard notifications in the console

I'll try to figure an auto refresh out.

I will see if I can make a form like the Fire Fox download window.

Disconnecting was more for testing purposes at the time. I will change it to "Restart Client" or something

Done.

I could, but I want Shell Execute to work for things other than just URL's

Done.

The "Shutdown" button under the client list does this.

A client turns red when it's "busy". It's meant to prevent you from sending the client packets while it's in a block of code (like uploading a screenshot). The server pings the clients once every 5 seconds, so that's why it is turning red. Do you think the client turning red is a bad thing or a good thing?

~ Hallman

Thanks, I thought the 'Shutdown' Button, actually, shutdown the clients computer. Maybe it could be renamed to: Close Client, Shutdown Client? :)

I don't think that it's bad to have it red when it's busy, but it's kind of weird, having 10 people connections, and then it looks like fireworks lit. The red flashes! Is it possible to ping without the red flashes?

PS: Thanks for the new version, now going to test it!!

(After Testing)

1 - Looks great, love it

2 - When in the 'File Explorer' it says: "Select a user, and click 'Star Explore' to view it's system

3 - When sending commands, to/from the console, it should have the time. Like:

<<< Radical 2 UI Loaded >>>

[8:41:06 PM] Starting server on port 1451

[8:41:06 PM] The Server is Up and Running!

[8:41:06 PM] Now listening for clients ...

[8:41:21 PM] A Client has connected!

ETC!

4 - Maybe the picture below will explain another thing! Edited by JasonB

I've had a new error, with the Explorer, while browsing the remote PC's music directory (like 20 GB's).

Attached Below

EDIT: For some reason, when the Radical 2 Server is running, my computer won't shutdown. I click Start>Shutdown, and it does nothing. I close the Radical 2 Server, and then it will shutdown. Weird?

Edited by JasonB

Version 0.5.2.0 Released

Warning! Because of access restrictions in Vista on the registry, the server now requires administrator rights to run

CODE

7/03/2008

=== Version 0.5.2.0 ===

- Added: Controls to the Options form

---- Run on system startup

---- Start Hidden

---- Timestamp Console messaged

---- Port number

---- Listen IP

- Added: Functions to read/write settings settings to and from the XML settings file

- Changed: Server no longer refuses to start if settings file is missing.

- Changed: Server (unfortunatly) now requires administrator rights so it can access the registry

- Changed: If the server is blocked by your fire wall, it will retry 3 times before displaying the "Error creating listening socket" error

- Changed: The "Display Message Box" command's title and icon

- Fixed: The "Display Message Box" command no longer pauses the client until the message box is closed

7/02/2008

=== Version 0.5.1.0 ===

- Added: Options Dialog, "Scheduled Tasks" and "Plugins" tabs.

- Fixed: The server's main form no longer flashes on the screen when ran with the /silent command parameter

- Fixed: Typo (thanks JamesB)

- Changed: The settings file is now in in the XML format

- Changed: The Disconnect and Shutdown buttons now have better titles

I've had a new error, with the Explorer, while browsing the remote PC's music directory (like 20 GB's).

Attached Below

EDIT: For some reason, when the Radical 2 Server is running, my computer won't shutdown. I click Start>Shutdown, and it does nothing. I close the Radical 2 Server, and then it will shutdown. Weird?

Thanks, I think I know how to finally fix it now based on that error. It looks like the server is capturing a packet before it is completely received, therefore getting an array out of bounds error after I split it and try to use it's data! Ugh the joys of learning a new language ...

And about the shut down thing, I guess there is something in C# that I need to do to have the application close when the system shuts down. I figured it would close automatically but I guess not. Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.

~ Hallman

Edited by Hallman

I love the new version Hallman!

Another option would be to have the default size maximized, so that the tabs look nice muttley

Also, maybe have a search option for the file explorer, I have, like I said above a 250GB External Harddrive, with 20GB's of music, and some folders of music, have 200 songs! :)

EDIT: When having the Server Maximized (How I like it) when hiding the window, then showing it, it goes back to the Windowed mode. :(

Edited by JasonB

Version 0.5.3.0 Released

CODE

7/04/2008

=== Version 0.5.3.0 ===

- (Hopefully) Fixed: Major bug where packets would be partially received during heavy communication

Sorry for the quick update! Please test it and see if you get and error. I think I finally fixed it muttley That's why it's in BETA right? :)

I'll see if I can make a search function ...

~ Hallman

Hallman, the Download no longer works. I choose a file, click Download, and nothing happens after that.

Another thing, if you Maximized the server, and then Close it, (to tray basically) when you click Show/Hide window, it will resize it back to the default size, not the maximized.

Version 0.5.4.0 Released

The Screen Viewer is now in it's own window and auto refreshes!

CODE

7/04/2008

=== Version 0.5.4.0 ===

- Removed: Pic Control from the "View Screen" tab

- Changed: Clicking "View Screen" now opens a new window titled "Screen Viewer" to view the screenshot

- Changed: The "Screen Viewer" is now resizable

- Added: Auto-Refresh feature to the "Screen Viewer"

- Added: Shrink to Fit option to the "Screen Viewer"

- Added: View Screen Quality option to the "Options" window in the "Client Settings" tab

- Fixed: The "Screen Viewer" now only updates when it is the active window

Hallman, the Download no longer works. I choose a file, click Download, and nothing happens after that.

Another thing, if you Maximized the server, and then Close it, (to tray basically) when you click Show/Hide window, it will resize it back to the default size, not the maximized.

I just tested the downloader and the uploader and they both still work for me. Do you get any message in the console?

Same thing with the second comment. If I close the server while it's maximized, it is still maximized when I bring it back. I'm on vista however, maybe it's an XP only bug? I'll test it later on my XP box when I have time.

~ Hallman

Edited by Hallman

Just for fun, I ran the server and the client on the same machine, then opened the screen viewer and maximized it. This is what happened!

Posted Image

It's fun then to move the mouse to the far left and wave it slowly up and down. You get a mouse trail as it moves closer and closer to the middle muttley

Hi Hallman!

I haven't checked out program since the initial release, but I have to say that you have made great progress in this.

This is one project to be proud of muttley

Keep it up!

Edited by monoceres

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Hi Hallman!

I haven't checked out program since the initial release, but I have to say that you have made great progress in this.

This is one project to proud of muttley

Keep it up!

Thanks! :) I may not be the fastest but at least I try to make quality applications :(

Version 0.5.4.0 Released

The Screen Viewer is now in it's own window and auto refreshes!

CODE

7/04/2008

=== Version 0.5.4.0 ===

- Removed: Pic Control from the "View Screen" tab

- Changed: Clicking "View Screen" now opens a new window titled "Screen Viewer" to view the screenshot

- Changed: The "Screen Viewer" is now resizable

- Added: Auto-Refresh feature to the "Screen Viewer"

- Added: Shrink to Fit option to the "Screen Viewer"

- Added: View Screen Quality option to the "Options" window in the "Client Settings" tab

- Fixed: The "Screen Viewer" now only updates when it is the active window

I just tested the downloader and the uploader and they both still work for me. Do you get any message in the console?

Same thing with the second comment. If I close the server while it's maximized, it is still maximized when I bring it back. I'm on vista however, maybe it's an XP only bug? I'll test it later on my XP box when I have time.

~ Hallman

Hey, I will be able to use Vista soon, when I get my Alienware PC. Right now im using XP Home SP2. Maybe it is a bug? Not sure, but it did work before. There is nothing in the console, no error messages either. As for the maximize thing, it may also be something with XP.

Thanks for the new update!

EDIT: Just tried the Maximize thing on the new version, and it doesn't Restore it anymore! Sweeett! Maybe the Download bug is fixed too! muttley

EDIT: Just tried the downloader, and I guess it's not working. I try to do another and it says:

"Warning: The server is still waiting for last file transfer to start" (Close Enough)

EDIT: Hallman, with the new version the View Screen tab only has one thing, maybe you should move it, and put the View Screen under "Basic Controls" :)

EDIT: Hallman, I think you should have it Show/Hide window when the icon is clicked, left clicked. :(

Edited by JasonB

Just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

I started my scripting/coding journey in a round-a-bout way by starting with LSL (Second Life), very active in that forum helping others but am constrained by the platform limits. Just started with Autoit and have cobbled together a couple of programs which I am using at work. Next on my to-do list is C# and I am learning it in conjunction with Autoit and your unselfish posting of the C# source is helping tremendously.

Edited by JesseBarnett

Hey, I will be able to use Vista soon, when I get my Alienware PC. Right now im using XP Home SP2. Maybe it is a bug? Not sure, but it did work before. There is nothing in the console, no error messages either. As for the maximize thing, it may also be something with XP.

Thanks for the new update!

lol Good Luck then!

EDIT: Just tried the Maximize thing on the new version, and it doesn't Restore it anymore! Sweeett! Maybe the Download bug is fixed too! :P

Cool muttley I'm glad it's fixed (I didn't so anything so yay it fixed itself :) )

EDIT: Just tried the downloader, and I guess it's not working. I try to do another and it says:

"Warning: The server is still waiting for last file transfer to start" (Close Enough)

Aha well it looks like the client isn't connecting for some reason. On the client machine, can you verify that when you start a new file transfer, there are two clients running in the task manager? I plan on doing a complete re-write of the "File Transfer" code for the next update. Hopefully it will fix this!

EDIT: Hallman, with the new version the View Screen tab only has one thing, maybe you should move it, and put the View Screen under "Basic Controls" :dance:

lol good point. I think I will ...

EDIT: Hallman, I think you should have it Show/Hide window when the icon is clicked, left clicked. :cheer:

I agree, and I have already started working on it for the next version :)

Just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

I started my scripting/coding journey in a round-a-bout way by starting with LSL (Second Life), very active in that forum helping others but am constrained by the platform limits. Just started with Autoit and have cobbled together a couple of programs which I am using at work. Next on my to-do list is C# and I am learning it in conjunction with Autoit and your unselfish posting of the C# source is helping tremendously.

Your Welcome :( I'm glad it helped you. I am going to post the latest source code when I get it more stable. Right now I'm just updating to often.

~ Hallman

Aha well it looks like the client isn't connecting for some reason. On the client machine, can you verify that when you start a new file transfer, there are two clients running in the task manager? I plan on doing a complete re-write of the "File Transfer" code for the next update. Hopefully it will fix this!

~ Hallman

Ok, I just tried it again, when I did it, no there was not another instance in the task manager on the Client computer. Only 1, and it did nothing on either computers! muttley

Ok, I just tried it again, when I did it, no there was not another instance in the task manager on the Client computer. Only 1, and it did nothing on either computers! muttley

Ok next step: Try running the client as a script and as a compiled script and see if they both don't work.