Spitting out array data.

Good afternoon,

I have recently gotten my head around arrays. Yet I am unable to actually spit the information out to anything besides MsgBox. Below is the script I'm using, any advise on spitting out this info would be awesome, thanks.

$ExcelGrab = _ExcelReadArray($oExcel, 14, 4, 8, 0)
    MsgBox(48, "Huzzah!", $ExcelGrab[1])
    MsgBox(48, "Huzzah!", $ExcelGrab[2])
    MsgBox(48, "Huzzah!", $ExcelGrab[3])
    MsgBox(48, "Huzzah!", $ExcelGrab[4])

Hi,

_ArrayDisplay ???

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

You just need to use the same syntax you do for MsgBox. You can use _ArrayDisplay() or use the variable in any function you need. If you want to go through them all you can try:

For $n = 0 To UBound($ExcelGrab) - 1
MsgBox(48,"Data",$ExcelGrab[$n])
Next

Hi,

_ArrayDisplay ???

Mega

Thanks for the suggestion Mega... the problem with _ArrayDisplay is that if I use the Copy Selected button, it will copy the row as well where I only want the colum data. I dont think I explained myself to well, I basically want to be able to paste each Col 0 into another application.

EDIT: It may be as simple as _ArrayToClip, I'll let you know how it turns out!

Edited by Zombie1982

Thanks for the suggestion Mega... the problem with _ArrayDisplay is that if I use the Copy Selected button, it will copy the row as well where I only want the colum data. I dont think I explained myself to well, I basically want to be able to paste each Col 0 into another application.

EDIT: It may be as simple as _ArrayToClip, I'll let you know how it turns out!

Columns implies a 2D array, so you just need to change the For/Next loop a little:
Global $avArray[3][3] = [[1, 2, 3],[4, 5, 6],[7, 8, 9]]

Global $sMsg = ""
For $c = 0 To UBound($avArray, 2) - 1
    $sMsg &= "Col. " & $c & " = "
    For $r = 0 To UBound($avArray) - 1
        $sMsg &= $avArray[$r][$c] & ", "
    Next
    $sMsg = StringTrimRight($sMsg, 2) & @CRLF & @CRLF
Next

MsgBox(64, "Results", $sMsg)

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Columns implies a 2D array, so you just need to change the For/Next loop a little:

Global $avArray[3][3] = [[1, 2, 3],[4, 5, 6],[7, 8, 9]]

Global $sMsg = ""
For $c = 0 To UBound($avArray, 2) - 1
    $sMsg &= "Col. " & $c & " = "
    For $r = 0 To UBound($avArray) - 1
        $sMsg &= $avArray[$r][$c] & ", "
    Next
    $sMsg = StringTrimRight($sMsg, 2) & @CRLF & @CRLF
Next

MsgBox(64, "Results", $sMsg)

;)

Wow, thanks PsaltsyDS. Though I think I may be in a little over my head. At the moment I've got:

Global $ExcelGrab[100][100]; Sets the ExcelGrab array
;Dim $oExcel
    Sleep(500); waits 1/2 a second
    WinActivate("Microsoft Excel"); Selects the excel window
        If WinActive("Microsoft Excel") = 0 Then; Checks to see if sheet is there or not (0 means NO)
            MsgBox(48, "Massive Error", "Sheet failed to open"); Shows the error
            Exit; Stops the script
        EndIf; Ends the if statment
    Send("^{HOME}"); sets the excel cell to A1 again
    $ExcelGrab = _ExcelReadSheetToArray($oExcel, 14, 4, 20, 9); row, colum, number of rows, number of colums to be read
;$ExcelGrab = _ExcelReadArray($oExcel, 15, 4, 8, 0); row, colum, number of cells, direction(0=right)
    _ArrayDisplay($ExcelGrab); Displays array for testing
    _ArrayToClip($ExcelGrab,1)

And after that runs I seem to break array.au3 horribly... I get an AutoIt error of: Line 1130 (File "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Array.au3"):

$sResult &=$avArray[$i] & $sDelim

$sResult &=$^ERROR

Error: Array variable has inncorect number of subscripts or subscript dimenstions range exceeded.

Any advice?

Wow, thanks PsaltsyDS. Though I think I may be in a little over my head. At the moment I've got:

Global $ExcelGrab[100][100]; Sets the ExcelGrab array
;Dim $oExcel
    Sleep(500); waits 1/2 a second
    WinActivate("Microsoft Excel"); Selects the excel window
        If WinActive("Microsoft Excel") = 0 Then; Checks to see if sheet is there or not (0 means NO)
            MsgBox(48, "Massive Error", "Sheet failed to open"); Shows the error
            Exit; Stops the script
        EndIf; Ends the if statment
    Send("^{HOME}"); sets the excel cell to A1 again
    $ExcelGrab = _ExcelReadSheetToArray($oExcel, 14, 4, 20, 9); row, colum, number of rows, number of colums to be read
;$ExcelGrab = _ExcelReadArray($oExcel, 15, 4, 8, 0); row, colum, number of cells, direction(0=right)
    _ArrayToClip($ExcelGrab,1)

And after that runs I seem to break array.au3 horribly... I get an AutoIt error of: Line 1130 (File "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Array.au3"):

$sResult &=$avArray[$i] & $sDelim

$sResult &=$^ERROR

Error: Array variable has inncorect number of subscripts or subscript dimenstions range exceeded.

Any advice?

Well, first simplify your life by making use of the _Excel* functions and avoiding the awkward Send() stuff:
#include <Excel.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

Global $ExcelGrab, $sExcelFile = "C:\temp\Test.xls"

$oExcel = _ExcelBookAttach($sExcelFile); If it's already open, _ExcelBookOpen() if not
$ExcelGrab = _ExcelReadSheetToArray($oExcel, 14, 4, 20, 9)

Next, that looks like a really old bug in the Array.au3 UDF when displaying 2D arrays, and that bug was fixed a long time ago. I don't understand how you could have a new enough version of AutoIt to have the included Excel.au3 UDF (which was recently added) and still have an old broken Array.au3 UDF. Check the version and date in the header of your Array.au3 file.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law