RichEdit UDF

ProgAndy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

huh, strange, not even controlhide works for me =(, am I missing something?

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiRichEdit.au3>
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 448, 81, 193, 125)
$Input1 = _GUICtrlRichEdit_CreateInput($Form1, 8, 8, 385, 21, BitOR($WS_CHILD, $WS_VISIBLE, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL), $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)
$button_show = GUICtrlCreateButton("SHOW", 8, 35)
$button_hide = GUICtrlCreateButton("HIDE", 200, 35)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        case $button_show
;~          WinSetState($Input1, "", @SW_SHOW)
            ControlShow($Input1, "", "")
        Case $button_hide
;~          WinSetState($Input1, "", @SW_HIDE)
            ControlHide($Input1, "", "")
    EndSwitch
WEnd
found the problem... CreateWindowEx returned the window handle as long, not hWnd, and WinSetState / Controlsetstate don't recognize it as Hwnd. Use

ControlShow(hWnd($Input1), "", "")

until i update the UDF.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

• 3 weeks later...

Great job so far.

Can you help on something?

I'm trying to copy text from one rich text control to another. I'm piecing together the file-related functions, and got the following:

Local $send = _GUICtrlRichEdit_StreamOut($txtSource, $SF_RTFNOOBJS, $VariableStreamStruct)
 Local $send = _GUICtrlRichEdit_StreamIn($txtDestination, $SF_RTFNOOBJS, $VariableStreamStruct)

where $txtSource and $txtDestination are the two rich text controls.

But nothing seem to be happening.

What I actually need to do is get the text from the first control, trim it to a defined length, and then insert into the second one.

Any advice on this would be appreciated!

Regards,

Andy

fist, you have to get the RTF in a variable with _StremOut.

Then you can insert it into the second one with StreamIn :)

Don't forget to use 2 functions to stream. One to append to the variable, the other to read an remove from the varibale.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

fist, you have to get the RTF in a variable with _StremOut.

Then you can insert it into the second one with StreamIn :)

Don't forget to use 2 functions to stream. One to append to the variable, the other to read an remove from the varibale.

Ah, that gave me the clue I needed (which I should have seen from looking at the RTF, so thanks for the gentle reminder)

The solution is (in case anyone else wants it):

Global $EDITSTREAM_RTFVariable = ""
Local $send = _GUICtrlRichEdit_StreamOut($txtSource, $SF_RTFNOOBJS, $VariableStreamStruct)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetText($txtDestination, "")
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetText($txtDestination, $EDITSTREAM_RTFVariable)

OK, next question if someone can help.

I'm trying to let the user select a point in the source text box, and everything before that point is copied to the destination text box.

I can get the point of selection via

$newPoint = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetSel ( $txtSource) 
$size = $newPoint[1]

So no problem there.

Is there any way to get all the text - including formatting - before that point?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Andy

I don't know, how you could do this. Possibly use setsel and clipboard ?

_GUICtrlRichEdit_Create creates a mutliline control, _GUICtrlRichEdit_CreateInput creates it single lined :). (Or at least it should do it)

_GUICtrlRichEdit_Create creates a mutliline control, _GUICtrlRichEdit_CreateInput creates it single lined :) . (Or at least it should do it)

It's not exact.

Yiou can make input multiline too - by using ES_MULTILINE style.

Main differrence is that in RichEdit you can have texts with differrent colors/fonts.

Edited by Zedna

I know that you can use ES_MUTLILINE in _GUICtrlRichEdit_CreateInput, too. My intention was to have same functions as for normal edits.

(GUICtrlCreateInput creates single line Edit, GUICtrlCreateEdit creates multiline Edit)

Between _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create and _GUICtrlRichEdit_CreateInput there is no other difference than the ES_MUTLILINE style.

• I see that _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetNumbering() can set a paragraph to bulleted, but how can one determine programmatically whether a paragraph is bulleted?
  • In ProgAndy's example, I clicked on the Msg RTF button, then clicked OK in the MsgBox, but focus did not return to the Rich Edit control. How can I get the focus to return to the Rich Edit control?
...chris Edited by c.haslam
Spoiler

CDebug Dumps values of variables including arrays and DLL structs, to a GUI, to the Console, and to the Clipboard

1) This function is not from me, but i think, it will work this way:

; by Prog@ndy
Func _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetNumbering($hWnd, ByRef $iChar , ByRef $iFormat , ByRef $iStart , ByRef $iTab )
    Local $tparaformat = DllStructCreate($tagPARAFORMAT2), $dwMask = 0
    DllStructSetData($tparaformat, 1, DllStructGetSize($tparaformat))
    _SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_SETPARAFORMAT, 0, DllStructGetPtr($tparaformat))
    $dwMask = DLLStructGetData($tparaformat, 2)
    If Not (BitAnd($dwMask, $PFM_NUMBERING) Or _ 
        BitAND($dwMask, $PFM_NUMBERINGSTART) Or _ 
        BitAND($dwMask, $PFM_NUMBERINGSTART) or _
        BitAND($dwMask, $PFM_NUMBERINGSTYLE) Or _
        BitAnd($dwMask, $PFM_NUMBERINGTAB) )Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    $iChar = DllStructGetData($tparaformat, 3)
     $iStart = DllStructGetData($tparaformat, 19)
    $iFormat = DllStructGetData($tparaformat, 20)
    $iTab = DllStructGetData($tparaformat, 21)
        Return BitAnd($dwMask,BitOr($PFM_NUMBERING, $PFM_NUMBERINGSTART, $PFM_NUMBERINGSTART, $PFM_NUMBERINGSTYLE, $PFM_NUMBERINGTAB))
EndFunc ;==>_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetNumbering

2) use ControlFocus($RichEdit,"","") :)

if you click a button, the focus changes and stays on the button. You have to focus another control manually, if the button should loose it's focus after the click.

Edited by ProgAndy

• I make 2 suggestions with regard to the code that you offer:
  • I think $EM_SETPARAFORMAT should be $EM_GETPARAFORMAT
  • A paragraph having no numbering should not be seen as an error
I propose the following code:

Func _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetNumbering($hWnd, ByRef $iChar , ByRef $iFormat , ByRef $iStart , ByRef $iTab)
    Local $tparaformat = DllStructCreate($tagPARAFORMAT2),$dwMask=0
    DllStructGetData($tparaformat, 1, DllStructGetSize($tparaformat))
    _SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_GETPARAFORMAT, 0, DllStructGetPtr($tparaformat))
    If @error Then Return SetError(-1,-1,0)
    Return 1   ;==>_GUICtrlRichEdit_GetNumbering
EndFunc

But this code sets $iChar to 0 even when the text cursor is in a paragraph that has just been bulleted.

2. Thank you for ControlFocus($RichEdit,"",""). This usage of ControlFocus() seems to be missing from the help file, i.e. that title can be a handle is not mentioned in the help for ControlFocus (although it is for WinActivate and others). How can I help to fix lacks in the documentation?

...chris

Edited by c.haslam
Spoiler

CDebug Dumps values of variables including arrays and DLL structs, to a GUI, to the Console, and to the Clipboard

Oops, right, this should be EM_GETPARAFORMAT.

But I don't know why this doesn't work. Maybe you will find out the mistake.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb774182(VS.85).aspx

Possibly, you have to set dwMak before the call?

The following code works for bullets:

;===================================================================================================
=
; Function Name: _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetNumbering
; Description:    Gets paragraph numbering and numbering type
; Parameters    : $hWnd         - Handle to the control
;                  $iChar        - Characters used for numbering:
;                                        0                     No numbering
;                               1 or $PFN_BULLET    Inserts a bullet
;                               2                   Arabic numbres (1,2,3   .)
;                               3                   Lowercase tetters
;                               4                   Uppercase letters
;                               5                   Lowercase roman numerals (i,ii,iii...)
;                               6                   Uppercase roman numerals (I, II,   .)
;                               7                   Uses a sequence of characters beginning with
;                                                    +the Unicode character specified by
;                                                    +the wNumberingStart member
;                 $iFormat      - Numbering style used with numbered paragraphs
;                               0                   Follows the number with a right parenthesis.
;                               0x100               Encloses the number in parentheses.
;                               0x200               Follows the number with a period.
;                               0x300               Displays only the number.
;                               0x400               Continues a numbered list without
;                                                    +applying the next number or bullet.
;                               0x8000              Starts a new number with wNumberingStart.
;                 $iStart       - Starting number or Unicode value used for numbered paragraphs.
;                 $iTab         - Minimum space between a paragraph number and the paragraph text, in twips.
; Return value: 1 for success, 0 for failure, and sets @error to 1
; Author        : chris haslam    c dot haslam at ieee dot org
; Notes         :
;===================================================================================================
=
 Func _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetNumbering($hWnd, ByRef $iChar , ByRef $iFormat , ByRef $iStart , ByRef $iTab)
    Local $tparaformat = DllStructCreate($tagPARAFORMAT),$dwMask=0
    DllStructSetData($tparaformat, 1, DllStructGetSize($tparaformat))
    Local $lResult = _SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_GETPARAFORMAT, 0, DllStructGetPtr($tparaformat))
    If @error Then Return SetError(1,-1,0)
    Return 1   ;==>_GUICtrlRichEdit_GetNumbering
EndFunc

You are welcome to add it to GuiRichEdit.au3.

...chris

Edited by c.haslam
Spoiler

_GUICtrlRichEdit_GetTextEx() seems to return the whole text, less the last character (or CRLF).

Perhaps

Local $buffLen = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetTextLength($h_RichEdit) + 1oÝ÷ ÚÈhºW[y«­¢+Ø1½°ÀÌØíÕ1¸ô}U%
ÑɱI¥¡¥Ñ}ÑQáÑ1¹Ñ  ÀÌØí¡}I¥¡¥Ð°QÉÕ¤¬

...chris

Edited by c.haslam
Spoiler

No, if the count is not returned exactly, it is always GREATER than the actual value.

But my error was to set the buffer Length in chars instead of bytes. This works fine for ANSI, but not for Unicode strings ;(

Fixed it and added _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetNumbering