Grab a URL from Text?

I was wondering if their is any way to grab a URL from a Text Link, for example "Click Here" (put the actual URL points to www.google.com). Anyway using the IE functions to grab that URL from that link of text. Been looking around, still have not figure it out. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great, and no I am not asking for anyone to write any code for me, just some direction would be nice.

_IELinkGetCollection

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

yeah, so go through them and do what you want with the ones that fit your requirements.

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Modified example from the help file:

; *******************************************************
; Example 1 - Open browser with basic example, get link collection,
;               loop through items and display the associated link URL references
;
#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IE_Example ("basic")
$oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection ($oIE)
$iNumLinks = @extended
;MsgBox(0, "Link Info", $iNumLinks & " links found")
For $oLink In $oLinks
    ;MsgBox(0, "Link Info", $oLink.href)
    If StringInStr($oLink.href ,"forum") Then MsgBox(0, "Link Info", $oLink.href)
Next

;               loop through items and display the associated link URL references
;
#include <IE.au3>
#include <array.au3> ; just used for _ArrayDisplay
$oIE = _IE_Example("basic")
$oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
$iNumLinks = @extended
Dim $a_links[1] = [0]
For $oLink In $oLinks
    $a_links_size = UBound($a_links)
    ReDim $a_links[$a_links_size + 1]
    $a_links[0]=$a_links_size
    $a_links[$a_links_size] = $oLink.href
Next
_ArrayDisplay($a_links)

[edit] updated $a_links[0] to = count

Edited by SpookMeister

Would you have any clue why I would repeats of the URL? The array works fine, and it displays the URLs I am looking for, but it display each URL found with the StringInStr parameters 3 times each. I am guessing that the it just has those URLs three times on the site, but I do not know.

Dont do your string searching inside the loop that is building the array.

Do another loop after the array has been completed to do your searching.

;
#include <IE.au3>
#include <array.au3> ; just used for _ArrayDisplay
$oIE = _IE_Example("basic")
$oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
$iNumLinks = @extended
Dim $a_links[1] = [0]
For $oLink In $oLinks
    $a_links_size = UBound($a_links)
    ReDim $a_links[$a_links_size + 1]
    $a_links[0] = $a_links_size
    $a_links[$a_links_size] = $oLink.href
Next
_ArrayDisplay($a_links)

For $x = 1 To $a_links[0]
    If StringInStr($a_links[$x], "forum") Then MsgBox(0, "Link Info", $a_links[$x])
Next

I was doing the searching in the same array, but I did it outside with the For Statement, and then wrote to a File so I can see all the URLs and it still produce 3 of each URL. I am guessing it has to be the website then, otherwise no reason it would create the URL three times.

Thanks for your help, guess have to find a different solution, maybe I can just delete the duplicates or something.