People on the Forum started looking at many editors to see which one was the most useful editor for AutoIt3. We found SciTE and saw its potential so I wrote a customized Lexer for the Syntax Highlighting and Syntax folding and created a special installer called SciTE4AutoIt3. The “Package” grew to what it is today with lots of integrated utilities written by me and the AutoIt3 community.
SciTE4AutoIt3 contains SciTE, wrapped into a single installer with all needed configuration settings and lots of utility programs like AutoIt3Wrapper, SciTEConfig, Tidy, Au3Stripper etc to enhanced SciTE for use with AutoIt3.
It has a customized Lexer for AutoIt3 which handles the
Syntax Highlighting and Code folding:
Check the helpfile for all details.
I like to thank:
- Jonathan Bennett for AutoIt.
- Neil Hodgson for SciTE/Scintilla.
- Jason (Valik) Boggs, for supplying LUA functions and lots of ideas and feedback.
- Michael (MHz) Heath for the Abbrev.properties and testing/input.
- Giuseppe (gcriaco) Criaco and Gary (gafrost) Frost for CodeWizard.
- Lookfar and LazyCat for the Koda formdesigner.
- wraithdu for updating the Resource Update Functions allowing non-standard Resource updates in Autoit3Wrapper.
- guinness/Ashalshaikh/Melba23 for SciTE Jump.
- Melba23 for User Abbreviation, CallTip Managers and reformatting to this version of the helpfile!
- All other forum members supplying their ideas/contribution/input.
For details on the SciTE editor : http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html