Sliding Toolbar

Simucal

I changed it a little! Check it out here. Have fun!

PS: You HAVE to extract the files for it to work!

I have added your toolbar to the main post. One suggestion I might make is look at the updated Base GUI Toolbar I have posted and modify yours so it will snap to either side of the screen instead of just to the left side.

Thanks for your contribution. Everyone be on the lookout for the latest toolbar I'm working on. Probably only a couple more days.

EDIT: Valuaters toolbar has been updated on the mainpage so it has his transparency addition as well.

Edited by Simucal
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Thanks for putting mine up there! Thanks for the siggestion too. I'll work on that!

http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

This is really good work. Well done Simucal & Valuater.

I did some changes to the script.

1) Toolbar resize itself depending on the amount of apps.

2) At the config mode added two buttons, now you can add or delete apps from the toolbar.

3) Also added a combobox and input control, from the combobox you can select how to run

yours apps (Hidden, Show, Minimize and maximize) and from the input you can add

parameters or switches to run along with your apps.

4)To be able to used toolbar and apps from a memory stick the script will create an environment variable called Launch.

Ex:

[Launch]

1 = %Launch%\Apps\MyApps.exe

5) The script record the toolbar screen position and side, so next time you run toolbar it will open in the same position.

*** Before your try to used this modify script, rename or delete toolbar.ini file. Let the script create a new one.

the new toolbar.ini file look like:

[Main]

XPos=0

Ypos=423

Side=left

[Launch]

1=C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

[Label]

1=IE Explorer

[Param]

1=http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25790

[Execute]

1=Show

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

Danny

Just tried your contribution & got the following error

on Line[20] / Latest Beta

Utility v2.au3 (20) : ==> "ReDim" used without an array variable.:

ReDim $Param_name[uBound($Launch_name)][uBound($Launch_name)]

ReDim ^ ERROR

*** Fix , Delete your old INI file, let it create a new one. Thx Danny

HardCopy

@Simucal - As someone else pointed out previously, I also use dual monitors and when slider

closed it appears on my leftmost monitor.

Be useful tool to me, if this addressed, one other caveat, when u configure a button for a new

Application & click browse, the extended toolbar is always ontop by design, but

it obstructs the bottom of the program to choose popup dialogue window.

Finally dont give up on this, other programs people have mentioned here, are buggy.

Though they look nice,only after you have you used them a while do they show their weaknesses.

ie dont restore window states correctly + many other glitches. Yours is clean and functional, keep up the

good work.

Edited by HardCopy

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad

can u make this into a simple udf???

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Danny

Just tried your contribution & got the following error

on Line[20] / Latest Beta

Utility v2.au3 (20) : ==> "ReDim" used without an array variable.:

ReDim $Param_name[uBound($Launch_name)][uBound($Launch_name)]

ReDim ^ ERROR

*** Fix , Delete your old INI file, let it create a new one. Thx Danny

HardCopy

@Simucal - As someone else pointed out previously, I also use dual monitors and when slider

closed it appears on my leftmost monitor.

Be useful tool to me, if this addressed, one other caveat, when u configure a button for a new

Application & click browse, the extended toolbar is always ontop by design, but

it obstructs the bottom of the program to choose popup dialogue window.

Finally dont give up on this, other programs people have mentioned here, are buggy.

Though they look nice,only after you have you used them a while do they show their weaknesses.

ie dont restore window states correctly + many other glitches. Yours is clean and functional, keep up the

good work.

I'm going to look into Danny's contribution and implement his changes into Version 3 of the toolbar. Not only will it auto resize based on the number of apps, if it number is > 7 it will become a 2 layer toolbar. I'm going to change the hidden window so it doesnt show up on dual monitors and improve on the mouse over effect.

I'll also fix it so the openfile dialog wont be in the way of the toolbar.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

I'm going to look into Danny's contribution and implement his changes into Version 3 of the toolbar. Not only will it auto resize based on the number of apps, if it number is > 7 it will become a 2 layer toolbar. I'm going to change the hidden window so it doesnt show up on dual monitors and improve on the mouse over effect.

I'll also fix it so the openfile dialog wont be in the way of the toolbar.

but what if I just wanted to but a big label there to show info about something and maybe if the info changed it would pop out for about 2 seconds and go back? could you make it simple?

like: $bar = sidebar($text, $side = "left", $y = 0)

then another func to pop that one back in:

slidein($bar)

then, to make it move

slidemove($bar, $side = "right", $y = 0)

and even delete

slidedelete($bar)

just little udfs

what do you think?

Edited by zerocool60544

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

but what if I just wanted to but a big label there to show info about something and maybe if the info changed it would pop out for about 2 seconds and go back? could you make it simple?

like: $bar = sidebar($text, $side = "left", $y = 0)

then another func to pop that one back in:

slidein($bar)

then, to make it move

slidemove($bar, $side = "right", $y = 0)

and even delete

slidedelete($bar)

just little udfs

what do you think?

I dont see what would be hard about this. In the script there is a Slide_In() and Slide_Out() Function. Strip the gui to have it say whatever you want.. remove the other crap.. and use Slide_In/Out functions to make it pop in and out when you want it.

If it's so easy, then do it!

lol, couldnt you just make a simple udf with the gui animation wrapper and a gui. you don't need his script to make a udf like this.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, my new one with the switchable sides is still not in the first post! just incase you forgot, it here

http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

Making this into a udf would be great! If only...

Here's a try; what do you think?

Example;

With GUI [AutoItKing modified]

GUI

[needs "_GUICtrlListView.au3" from link in my signature, far right]

Best, randall

;ExampleSlider.au3 0_20
#include "Slider.au3"

$hwnd= GUICreate("Sliding Launcher", 603, 85+85, -588, -1, -1,  BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES))
$Show = GUICtrlCreateButton(">", 585, 8, 17, 155, BitOR($BS_CENTER, $BS_FLAT))

$hwnd2 = GUICreate("Sliding Launcher", 603, 160+160, 588, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW))
$Hide = GUICtrlCreateButton("<", 585, 8, 17, 155, BitOR($BS_CENTER, $BS_FLAT, $BS_MULTILINE))
Slide_in($hwnd,$hwnd2)
$exec = GUICtrlCreateButton ( "Refresh", 5, 280,60 )
GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg1 = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg1 = $Hide Then _WinHide($hwnd,$hwnd2) ;slider func
    If $msg1 = $Show Then Slide_in($hwnd,$hwnd2);slider func
    _WinMove($Hide,$Show,-1,$hwnd,$hwnd2);slider func
    select ;code du programme
        case $msg1 = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE; exit
            GUISetState(@SW_HIDE)
            exit
        case $msg1 = $exec; function
            Slide_out($hwnd,$hwnd2)
            MsgBox(0,"","Here is my refresh button")
            Slide_in($hwnd,$hwnd2)
    EndSelect
WEnd
Edited by randallc

Is it also possible to get a pulldown button instead of a normal button?

So i can make a sliding toolbar with:

A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - etc

Every button is a pulldown button, and i could place names/shortcuts/etc on alphabetic order under each button.

Is it also possible to get a pulldown button instead of a normal button?

So i can make a sliding toolbar with:

A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - etc

Every button is a pulldown button, and i could place names/shortcuts/etc on alphabetic order under each button.

Interesting Idea.. I'll look into it tonight.

Interesting Idea.. I'll look into it tonight.

And what also would be nice is to make it easy to choose that it will be on the left side or the right side of your monitor.

I have tried changing some values, but some x-y values are not the same as in Window Info tool. At least wich i could find.