IE.au3 T3.0-0

(0 reviews)

About This File

Title: Internet Explorer Automation UDF Library for AutoIt3

Filename: IE.au3

Description: A collection of functions for creating, attaching to, reading from and manipulating Internet Explorer

Author: DaleHohm

Version: T3.0-0

Last Update: 9/3/12

Requirements: AutoIt3 3.3.9 or higher

This version is checked into the development stream for the next AutoIt beta release, but will work with the most recently released V3.3.9.x beta.

I am releasing it here so that it can get some testing now and help some people with some of the issues it fixes in the realm of COM error handling (and "the WEND error").

This file will be removed when it is included in a public beta release.

Dale

What's New in Version T3.0-0

Released

• Update History:
  • ===================================================
  • T3.0-0 9/3/12
  • Fixes
  • - Removed __IEErrorHandlerREgister() and all internal calls to it. Unneeded as COM errors are no longer fatal
  • - Removed code depricated in V2
  • - Fixed _IELoadWait check for unrecoverable COM errors
  • - Removed Vcard support from _IEPropertyGet (IE removed support in IE7)
  • - Code cleanup with #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6
  • New Features
  • - Added "scrollIntoView" to _IEAction
  • Enhancements
  • - Added check in __IEComErrorUnrecoverable for COM error -2147023179, "The interface is unknown."
  • - Added "Trap COM error, report and return" to functions that perform blind method calls (those without return values)

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.

• Similar Content

• SorryButImaNewbie
      By SorryButImaNewbie
      Hello,
      I try to add a new UDF to my AutoIT library, and it seems I fail. I started to work following the insturctions found on the wiki . 
      I made an extra folder just next to my AutoIT folder, called ExtraUDF, and copied the file CUIAutomation2.au3 in it (I try to use this UDF for automating a program) then I run sciteconfig, set this folder up as User Include Folder, applied the changes, then run the calltip manager and got a msg when I tried to parse it. I attach a few pictures for better present the problem.
      I think I miss something here, should i put anything else on the ExtraUDF folder? I dont think that the CallTip manager added the udf to scite, If I try to run it i get a msg saying that I Scite cant open the include file and naturally after that, It can't use the functions called from it.
      Thank you for your help and insight as always! Please ask, if anything is fuzzy about the problem

• ChipConnJohn
      By ChipConnJohn
      Hello all,
      Here's a cleaned up version of my code:
      #include <IE.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <Array.au3>
      #include <String.au3>
      ;#include <ErrorHandler.au3>
      ; Open Greatsite.com
      Global $oIE = _IECreate ("http://www.greatsite.com")
      ; I'm logged in and on the forum page.  Now to navigate categories with unknown names.
      ; Grab all links on page, then only dive into the ones with the text "forum_id="
      ; as in ?bview=forum&forum_id=108343
      Global $oLinksCategoryPage = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
      Local $iNumLinks = @extended
              ;Now at the thread level. Navigate into each thread and look at timestamp
              Global $oLinksOfThreads = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
              For $oLinkThread In $oLinksOfThreads
                  If StringInStr($oLinkThread.href,"thread_id") Then
                      _IENavigate($oIE, $oLinkThread.href)
                      ;Need to find instance of Posted and read text after the href.
                      Local $sBodyText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE)
                      ;Find first instance of the word "Posted" and check the two words to the right of it.
                      Local $aArrayOfBodyText = _StringExplode($sBodyText," ",0)
                      ;_ArrayDisplay($aArrayOfBodyText, "The body text in Array form")
                      ;Local $iIndexOfPosted = _ArraySearch($aArrayOfBodyText,"days")
                      For $iIndex = 0 to ubound($aArrayOfBodyText) - 1
                          If StringInStr(StringLower($aArrayOfBodyText[$iIndex]), "posted") Then
                              ;The word Posted has been found. Look for "Just A moment ago", "minutes", and "minute"
                              Select
                                  Case StringLower($aArrayOfBodyText[$iIndex +1]) = "just"
                                      ;"Just a moment ago.  Grab this one.
                                  Case Stringlower($aArrayOfBodyText[$iIndex +2]) = "minute"
                                      ;"1 minute". Grab this one
                                  Case Stringlower($aArrayOfBodyText[$iIndex +2]) = "minutes"
                                      ;"x minutes. Grab this one
                              EndSelect
                              ;ExitLoop ;Found the first one.  I'm done.
                          EndIf
                      ;Need to back out to Threads in Category
                      Next
                      _IEAction($oIE,"back")
                  EndIf
              Next
              ;Back out to Category List
              _IEAction($oIE,"back")
          EndIf
      Next
      _IEQuit($oIE)

The script works fine until I hit the Next to go back to the For $oLinkThread In $oLinksOfThreads.  Any line that I put after that crashes with an error.  It's like the For loop is going one too many iterations and there is no object in the variable.
      The requested action with this object has failed.:
      If StringInStr($oLinkThread.href,"thread_id") Then
      If StringInStr($oLinkThread^ ERROR
      Thanks,
      -John

• Lights_On
      By Lights_On
      Hi All,
      Below is an example of my code that will reproduce an issue I am having, all be it an issue that sometimes occurs and sometimes does not.
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> Call ("Project") Func Project() Local $WaitTime = 10000 ; Set the time between checks in miliseconds While 1 $hwnd = WinGetHandle("[active]") If Not @error Then ; Ensure 'WinGetHandle' worked. Local $WinClassName = _WinAPI_GetClassName($hwnd) If $WinClassName = "IEFrame" Then ; If the curent window is an IE exploere instance then... Local $Object = _IEAttach($hwnd, "embedded") If not @error Then Local $url = _IEPropertyGet($Object, 'locationurl') If not @error Then Local $Split = StringSplit($url, "/") If $Split[0] > 2 Then ; This stops an error if the array did not have enought rows e.g no url to display form row 3. If Not $Split[3] = "" Then ; Dont bother if no url e.g blank msgbox(0, "URL is:", $Split) EndIf EndIf EndIf EndIf EndIf EndIf Sleep($WaitTime) WEnd EndFunc The issue is from IE.au3 and the error message is attached.  I am able to reproduce it is I run the scrip, load an instance of IE, then navigate to a different page such as google or something.

I have looked in the code for IE.au3 and it reference to a function “__IEControlGetObjFromHWND(ByRef $hWin)” however I am not using this function so am a little unsure why or how this error is being called or what I can do to stop it?

Any advice / help would be gratefully appreciated.
      Thank you.

• Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Good day to the members of the forum.. 
      Is there any UDF that is available to automate Attachmate Extra Mainframe sessions?
      I am trying to automate mainframe processes. I couldn't get values from particular co-ordinates in mainframe or pass values to particular co-ordinates in mainframe.
      Please let me know if there is any UDF or any other kind of solution is available. 
      Thanks and regards,
      Gowrisankar R.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning
      I would like to know if I can use the Excel UDF to manipulating a .csv file without having Office installed on the PC I'm going to work...
      I read somewhere that it could be done, but I'm here to ask and be sure of what I remember... 
      I'd like to post another question...
      How can I retrieve the handle of a windows from a PID of an .exe?
      I have my script that does a ShellExecute ( which returns the PID of the .exe ), and then, switching a parameter read from a .ini file, adapt the Window on the screen ( Maximize, Minimize, On Top )...
      I tried, but without having success with this:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64=prova.exe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIEx.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $sFileConfigurazione = @ScriptDir & "\configurazione_exe.ini" If(FileExists($sFileConfigurazione)) Then Local $aSezioniIni = IniReadSection($sFileConfigurazione, "CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'apertura del file: " & @CRLF & $sFileConfigurazione & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error) Else ; Lancio dell'applicativo indicato nel file di configurazione Local $iPID = ShellExecute($aSezioniIni[1][1]) Local $hWnd If($iPID <> 0) Then Local $aWinList = WinList() For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] If(WinGetProcess($aWinList[$i][1] = $iPID)) Then $hWnd = $aWinList[$i][1] EndIf Next Switch($aSezioniIni[2][1]) Case $aSezioniIni[2][1] = "MIN" WinSetState($hWnd, "", @SW_MINIMIZE) Case $aSezioniIni[2][1] = "MAX" WinSetState($hWnd, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) Case $aSezioniIni[2][1] = "TOP" WinSetOnTop($hWnd, "", $WINDOWS_ONTOP) EndSwitch EndIf EndIf EndIf It just set on top the .exe I'm launching...
      Thanks