About This File

Title: Internet Explorer Automation UDF Library for AutoIt3

Filename: IE.au3

Description: A collection of functions for creating, attaching to, reading from and manipulating Internet Explorer

Author: DaleHohm

Version: T3.0-0

Last Update: 9/3/12

Requirements: AutoIt3 3.3.9 or higher

This version is checked into the development stream for the next AutoIt beta release, but will work with the most recently released V3.3.9.x beta.

I am releasing it here so that it can get some testing now and help some people with some of the issues it fixes in the realm of COM error handling (and "the WEND error").

This file will be removed when it is included in a public beta release.

Dale

What's New in Version T3.0-0

Released

• Update History:
  • ===================================================
  • T3.0-0 9/3/12
  • Fixes
  • - Removed __IEErrorHandlerREgister() and all internal calls to it. Unneeded as COM errors are no longer fatal
  • - Removed code depricated in V2
  • - Fixed _IELoadWait check for unrecoverable COM errors
  • - Removed Vcard support from _IEPropertyGet (IE removed support in IE7)
  • - Code cleanup with #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6
  • New Features
  • - Added "scrollIntoView" to _IEAction
  • Enhancements
  • - Added check in __IEComErrorUnrecoverable for COM error -2147023179, "The interface is unknown."
  • - Added "Trap COM error, report and return" to functions that perform blind method calls (those without return values)

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.

• Similar Content

• By walec
      Hey
      I have problem with Set Value for control slider on webside.
      Anyone have any idea for a solution?

I tried but it doesn't work.
      Local $Strength = _IEGetObjById($oIE_Strona, "strength_value") Local $oText = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($Strength, "valuee") _IEFormElementSetValue($oText, "6") or
      _IENavigate ($oIE_Strona, "https://guantanamo.prisonwarsonline.com/gym/") Local $oDiv = $oIE_Strona.Document.GetElementByID("strength_value") Local $oAttribute = $oDiv.getAttribute("valuee") If IsObj ( $oAttribute ) Then $oAttribute.value = "6" EndIf Best Regards
    • By pat4005
      A tiny UDF that can shoot magic packets at your computers to wake them the heck up. All credits to Olish.
      The only parameter it needs to be specified – is your machine's MAC-address (ip address (the second parameter), at which you will be sending magic packet is generating automatically from @IPAddress1 macro)
      Example:
      _WoL_WakeDevice('001CC0CAED7A') ; the second parameter (if necessery) must be a broadcast address of your local network segment (i.e. 192.168.0.255 for a network 192.168.0.0)  
      _WakeOnLan.au3
    • By Mariog2000
      I've tried for a few days to simply open a url in IE and click an IE object that I can't "TAB" to and don't want to use a mouse-click if at all possible.  I've read up on things like using IEAction and IETagNameGetCollection to find the object but not smart enough to figure out how that works with my url or how to tell if my url is "basic" or a "form", "frameset", "iframe", etc.
      The other problem is I've tried using the "Run" and "ShellExecute" commands to open the browser, which works, but it opens it in a way that doesn't include my currently logged in user account.  For example, if I just click IE or Chrome for that matter and open my default homepage of google, the page that opens knows I'm logged in.  When I use "Send" "ShellExecute" or "_IE_Create" they always open pages generically which would require a login.
      So questions are, if I have a URL I'm trying to open, that's passes the currently logged on users credentials when opening the page (no clue where that happens)
      1.  Are there any code examples someone is willing to share that opens my IE maximized, with logged in credentials, and
      2.  Once that works, can someone suggest a technique a non-developer can find which IE Objects I need to send a "click" to so it opens the correct menu, pop-up, url, etc., associated with that object.  I've copied what doesn't work and sure I'm way off but it's not for a lack of effort. I'll keep trying and post updates but not looking good 🙂
      #include <IE.au3>
      Call ("selection")
      Func selection ()
      Global $oIE = _IECreate ("https://internal-webpage.aspx")
      Local $selectid = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "signageNo")
      Local $button = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "GO")

_IEFormElementOptionSelect ($selectid, "3")
      _IEAction ($button,"click")
      EndFunc
      #include <IE.au3> Call ("selection") Func selection () Global $oIE = _IECreate ("https://internal-webpage.aspx") Local $selectid = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "signageNo") Local $button = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "GO") _IEFormElementOptionSelect ($selectid, "3") _IEAction ($button,"click") EndFunc 1. 
    • By MrCreatoR
      This UDF allows to create formatted label using pseudo element RichLabel (RichEdit actually). Formating is set by using special modificator similar to <font> tag in Html.
      Notes: This UDF is a transformation-continuation of related UDF

Example:
      Download:
      GUIRichLabel_1.2.zip
      Small syntax related fix: GUIRichLabel_1.1.zip
      GUIRichLabel_1.1.zip

History version:
    • By zuladabef
      I want to set the value of a input, but I only have the input name and input id.  I cannot find a form in the source.  Form collection does not return any results.  
      Is there a way to use FormElementSetValue without a form name? Can I use _IEGetObjByName or _IEGetObjById?  If so, how do I set the value once I have the object? Where do I go from here? Local $oIE = _IEAttach("[Website Goes Here"]) Local $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 1) Local $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm, 4) _IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery, "Set it to this")