Sign in to follow this  
Tofu4679

How to interrupt and restart loop within function? (GoTo would work :( )

Tofu4679

I think I have ways to make this work, but they require rewriting a bunch of code and I'd like to see if there is a simple solution that I can't see. This function is checking the status of a service on a remote machine using psservice. I'm doing it this way because I couldn't find something existing that would do this AND accept credentials for the remote machine. Sometimes it takes a while to return so I'd like to put a timer in and if it takes longer than 2 seconds just jump back to the top and try again without exiting the function. A simple GoTo would work but it doesn't exist and is taboo. The solution isn't obvious to me. I'd love to know if anyone has an idea. Thanks!

Func serviceStatus($c)
    Dim $s = 0
    $result = Run(@ComSpec & " /c psservice.exe \\" & $c & " -u <Username> -p <Password> query <ServiceName>", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDOUT_CHILD)
    While 1
    $line = StdoutRead($result) 
    if @error then ExitLoop
        if $line <> "" then
            if stringmid($line, StringInStr($line, "STATE") + 11,1) = 4 Then ;parse line to find status
                $s = "Running"
            EndIf
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Wend
    StdioClose($result)
    Return $s
EndFunc

Richard Robertson

Also, if you restart the program, you'll still have the first one running won't you?

Tofu4679

I actually figured out some logic that would work, but thanks guys. Just needed my brain to start working...

James

GoTo is not in AutoIt any more because it will result in a mess, even used by the best. If you want to recall your function, then just do so inside of it.

Func serviceStatus($c)
    Dim $s = 0
    $result = Run(@ComSpec & " /c psservice.exe \\" & $c & " -u <Username> -p <Password> query <ServiceName>", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDOUT_CHILD)
    While 1
    $line = StdoutRead($result) 
    if @error then ExitLoop
        if $line <> "" then
            if stringmid($line, StringInStr($line, "STATE") + 11,1) = 4 Then ;parse line to find status
                $s = "Running"
            EndIf
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Wend
    ; Want to call the function here?
    ; servceStatus("val")
    StdioClose($result)
    Return $s
EndFunc