GUIListViewEx - Deprecated Version

Melba23

• Moderators

taurus905,

Glad you got it working. :)

As for your questions:

Item colour. I am not adding any colour options to the UDF - it is complicated enough already! But you might find this thread interesting as it shows how to detect when a checkbox is checked.

Edit display. I would suggest looking for the $LVN_ITEMCHANGED notification and then reading the selected item.

Array size. I am not sure what you mean here. The arrays can hold any size of string - why do you seem to think that they can only hold 128 characters? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Melba23,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I should be able to do everything I want using your UDF plus the information you provided.

Again, this may be something simple I've overlooked because I have not taken the time to see what is going on. But when I double-click on "Tom 0" in GLVEx_Example_1.au3 I can only input 8 characters. This is why I thought the size of the array it used was the limiting factor.

I appreciate your time in replying to my inquiries.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

• Moderators

taurus95,

when I double-click on "Tom 0" in GLVEx_Example_1.au3 I can only input 8 characters

That is my fault - I should have added the $ES_AUTOHSCROLL style to the control. Thanks for pointing it out - I will fix it in the next release. :thumbsup:

M23

Edit: If you want to add it yourself in the meantime, you need to change line #2011. ;)

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Melba23,

Thank you again for your quick response and fix.

I made the following changes to my copy of GUIListViewEx.au3:

; Changed line 2011 from:
$cGLVEx_EditID = GUICtrlCreateEdit($sItemOrgText, $aEdit_Pos[0], $aEdit_Pos[1], $aEdit_Pos[2], $aEdit_Pos[3], 0)
to:
$cGLVEx_EditID = GUICtrlCreateEdit($sItemOrgText, $aEdit_Pos[0], $aEdit_Pos[1], $aEdit_Pos[2], $aEdit_Pos[3], $ES_AUTOHSCROLL)

; And added the following line to the top of the UDF under the other #include statements:
#include <EditConstants.au3> ; $ES_AUTOHSCROLL

I am very happy with how well your UDF performs.

The other changes I made are:

; Added the following two lines after line 2369 _GUICtrlListView_SetItemChecked($hLVHandle, $i - 1)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x000000) ; line added by taurus905
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xffffff) ; line added by taurus905

These two lines change the background and font colors of any checked items after a user clicks the "Insert", "Delete", "Move Up" or "Move Down" buttons in your example script. I know you don't plan on adding this feature but I thought I would someone else might want to add this to their own version.

So now when $iCode = -189 I know a checkbox has either been checked or unchecked and I can rewrite or recreate the ListView. I just have to isolate the parts of the function I need and create a new one.

And the last thing I want to do is have an editbox to display which item is selected.

I may create a new topic so as to not hijack your thread.

Thank you again for all your help.

Cheers.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

Melba23,

When I add "MustDeclareVars" to the top of your "GLVEx_Example_1.au3" script, like below:

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) ;0=no, 1=require pre-declaration
Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 0)

I declare variables in the script until I get this message for your UDF:

Line 122  (File "C:\GUIListViewEx\GUIListViewEx.au3"):

Func _GUIListViewEx_Init($hLV, $aArray = "", $iStart = 0, $iColour = 0, $fImage = False, $iAdded = 0, $sCols = "*")
^ ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared.

Can you, or anyone else, please give me a clue as to which variable this message is referring to so I can fix it?

Thank you.

taurus905

• Moderators

taurus905,

Which AutoIt version are you running? Can you post the entire SciTE output pane with the AutoIt and Au3Check version numbers. :)

I get plenty of "Undeclared variable" errors when I add Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) (the example scripts are not coded with the same rigour as the UDF itself) but using v3.3.12.0 they all refer to the calling line, not the function definition:

"M:\Program\Au3 Scripts\GLVEx_Mod_Example_1.au3"(68,109) : warning: $iLV_Right_Index possibly not declared/created yet
$iLV_Right_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($hListView_Right, $aLV_List_Right, 1, 0xFF0000, True, 2 + 4 + 8 + 16)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
It looks as if your version is referencing the function definition line instead. :wacko:

If that does not help then post (or PM me) the entire script with the modified UDF and I will investigate further. :)

M23

Spoiler

Melba23,

Thank you for helping me refine my debugging techniques. I usually just relied on running the script and reading the error message from the message box, instead of using F5 from SciTE. Not only did my way give me limited information, at times it presented misleading information.

For instance, if you add the following two lines to your GLVEx_Example_1.au3 script:

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) ;0=no, 1=require pre-declaration
Global $hGUI, $cListView_Left

and then run the script, it will give this error message:

---------------------------
AutoIt Error
Line 123  (File "C:\GUIListViewEx\Test\GUIListViewEx.au3"):

Func _GUIListViewEx_Init($hLV, $aArray = "", $iStart = 0, $iColour = 0, $fImage = False, $iAdded = 0, $sCols = "*")
^ ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared.
OK   

However, if you use F5 with the script in SciTE, you see the real problem:

>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\GUIListViewEx\Test\GLVEx_Example_1 - test.au3
"C:\GUIListViewEx\Test\GLVEx_Example_1 - test.au3"(40,101) : warning: $iLV_Left_Index possibly not declared/created yet

I always run the latest production release of AutoIt and SciTE and just reinstalled both to be sure.

In the past, I have spent a lot of time piecing together the various ListView commands which sometimes didn't work with one another. But your UDF has taught me a better way.

Thank you again for sharing your UDF and providing example scripts.

taurus905

Edited by taurus905

• Moderators

taurus905,

Glad you like the UDF and that some of my tips were helpful. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

[NEW VERSION] - 16 Jul 14

Changed: User input is no longer limited to the size of the input - it now scrolls. Thanks to taurus905 for the report.

New UDF in the zip in the first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 2 months later...

there is an error when i using

_GUIListViewEx_Insert($arr) ;$arr - is an array

array not added? and i figured around step-by-step adding.. and...

for $i = 0 to ubound($arr) - 1
     _GUIListViewEx_Insert($arr[$i])
next

step-by-step added, and it works?.. like.. it separatly calls "add" and "insert "funktion

i try to logging how it adds and udf functions logged:

added

added

inserted
added

inserted
inserted
added

inserted
inserted
added

.. and so on

added...... when calling _GUIListViewEx_Array_Add, and

inserted... when calling _GUIListViewEx_Array_Insert function

it works when i'm using adding with selection listview row and without selection in same way...

i'm reading UDF and in place:

_GUIListViewEx_ReWriteLV

maybe should change "_GUICtrlListView_AddItem" to "_GUICtrlListView_AddArray" for arrays. it will work faster,

in case, i'm continue studing UDF for some solution..

or you can do it faster

br, damien2008

• Moderators

damien2008,

Please provide a reproducer script or else I cannot debug properly. If I write the sample code as there is no guarantee it will match yours and so the bug might not appear. :)

M23

Spoiler

example script:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#Include <ListViewConstants.au3>
#Include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <StructureConstants.au3>

#include "GUIListViewEx.au3"
$Debug_LV = False ; Check ClassName being passed to ListView functions, set to True and use a handle to another control to see it work

Global $hForm, $hListView, $iEditMode = 0
Global $iCount = 50
Global $hListView1

Global $aSubItemSet[1][5] = [[-1]]
Global $hFont, $defColLV = 0x000000, $defBkColLV = 0xFFFFFF
Global $inBkCol = '0x3DF8FF'
Global $inCol = '0xFF0000'
Global $iLV_Index

_Main()

Func _Main()
    $hForm = GUICreate("ListView set width", 400, 300, -1, -1, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES)
    $hListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("column 1", 2, 2, 390, 260, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED)
    GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED)
    $hListView1 = GUICtrlGetHandle($hListView)

Global $aLV_List[$iCount + 1]
    For $i = 0 To UBound($aLV_List) - 1
        GUICtrlCreateListViewItem('Item ' & $i, $hListView)
    Next

$iLV_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($hListView, $aLV_List, 0, 0x0000FF, False)
    _GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister()
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit
            Case $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED
                Drag()
        EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Main

Func Drag()
    Local $arr = StringSplit(FileRead(@GUI_DRAGFILE), '|')
    For $i = 1 To UBound($arr) - 1
        _GUIListViewEx_Insert($arr[$i])
    Next
EndFunc

add to UDF GUIListViewEx.au3:

>>
in Func _GUIListViewEx_Array_Insert(ByRef $avArray, $iIndex, $vInsert)
ConsoleWrite('inserted' & @CRLF)

>>
in Func _GUIListViewEx_Array_Add(ByRef $avArray, $vAdd = "", $iStart = 0)
ConsoleWrite('added' & @CRLF)

dropped file.txt

1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|0

autoit 3.3.8.1

d2k8

Edited by damien2008

• Moderators

damien2008,

You have misunderstood the _GUIListViewEx_Insert function - or I have mis-explained it in the documentation. You can only ever add a single row at a time - but if there are several columns in the ListView you can pass the subitems either as an array or a delimited string. So what you are seeing is normal - as you have a single column ListView you will only get a single added item which is the first element of the array. To add several items as separate rows you need to use a loop and each item separately as you discovered yourself. :)

That is why I wanted to see your code - thanks for posting it. Does my explanation above make sense? :huh:

M23

Spoiler

M23

well, yes.

but, maybe if it is possible to add solution _GCLV_AddArray function from standart UDF to  "_GUIListViewEx_ReWriteLV" ?

cuz, if need adding an array it's more faster then step-by-step i have tested on 50000 items in virtual mode of LV; it's incomparably

well, for me 2 :)

br d2k8

• Moderators

damien2008,

I will take a look over the weekend and see if I can do it without a complete rewrite - so do not hold your breath. ;)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

damien2008,

Try this Beta version plus example and see if it meets your needs:

<snip>

I have added a parameter to _GUIListViewEx_Insert so that the user can choose whether to add the elements as columns (default) or rows - I have also added the ability to allow for the input of 2D arrays. I have further added a parameter to _GUIListViewEx_Delete to allow for the programmatic deletion of items - no parameter deletes selected items, while passing a range of values deletes those items. :)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Spoiler

hi Melba,

glad to talk to you again
I checked the library.
now much better)
everything is working fine (with exception). fast adding. fast removing. everything is fast. you carry out quick support :)
(in the example I have added the dimension of arrays :geek: 3,3,2x2)
thank you very much

found a bug:
when start script and select any one item but the last (drag item, and not select the last!) and then drop-down file:
error occures:
C:\Users\...\Desktop\GVLEx_Test\GUIListViewEx_Test.au3 (2640) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.:
$avArray[$i][$j] = $avArray[$i - $iInsert_Dim][$j]
$avArray[$i][$j] = $avArray[^ ERROR

using my example:

br d2k8

Edited by damien2008

• Moderators

[NEW VERSION] - 22 Sep 14

Changed:

- 1. New parameter in GUIListViewEx_Insert. If adding a 1D array this will determine if the elements to be added as columns (default) or rows. Also added ability to insert 2D arrays. Main advantage is in execution speed as ListView is not rewritten after each row is inserted.

Note: If you use the $fRetainWidth parameter in the function this change is script-breaking as that parameter is now 3rd and not 2nd.

- 2. GUIListViewEx_Delete will now accept a "range" parameter to programmatically delete ListView rows - if no parameter is passed then the selected rows are deleted as before.

Thanks to damien2008 for the idea.

New UDF in the zip in the first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

M23

I will try to explain an error:

here is how i try to add array (in my example):

Local $arr = StringSplit(FileRead(@GUI_DRAGFILE), '|', 2)
_GUIListViewEx_Insert($arr, True)

assuming using "$fMultiRow"

in this case i am using 1D array and not selected any item, and array adds normally, to the end of current list.

if i select any item but the last it returns error of array dimensoin (i think).

when i am using

_GUIListViewEx_Insert($arr)

it adds first element of array to the end of list and to current position after item if it selected still, w/wout selection any item of list.

br d2k8

Edited by damien2008

• Moderators

damien2008,

if i select any item but the last it returns error of array dimensoin (i think)

I tested the new UDF with your script from post #212 above and it worked perfectly for me. It still works when I test it now using the slightly modified StringSplit line you posted above. If no item is selected it adds rows/columns to the end of the list - if an item is selected it adds rows/columns immediately following. So I am afraid I cannot really offer any suggestions. :(>

If the script which fails is significantly different to the one you posted before, please let me see it so I can debug in more detail. :)

M23

Spoiler