GUIListViewEx - Deprecated Version

Melba23

• Moderators

Clark,

I changed the internal logic of _GUIListViewEx_ReturnArray so that it returns the same type of array as was used in the _GUIListViewEx_Init call - use a 1D array, get a 1D return; use a 2D array, get a 2D return.  If you do not pass an array then you get 1D with a single column, 2D with multiple columns.  So that is intentional - so I presume you used a 1D array when initialising the ListView.  If not, then please let me know and I can look into why you are not getting what you should. :)

_GUIListViewEx_ReadToArray will always return a 2D array - if the ListView has only one column then there is only a single element in the second dimension.  This might sound strange, but it makes the syntax for reading the array simple - and of course it is only meant to be used to initialise an existing ListView. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

[NEW VERSION] - 23 May 13

Added: You can now edit the text in the headers of an initialised ListView. This can be done programatically by using the new _GUIListViewEx_EditHeader function (which will act on any header) or by clicking the header of an editable column while holding the Ctrl key. ListView headers do not respond to double-clicks so I chose Ctrl-Click as an action event, which has the advantage of not sorting the column when clicked if that option was selected. ;)

Thanks to incepator for the push to do this. :thumbsup:

New UDF and Example_1 (plus the other 3 examples of course) in the first post. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

[bUGFIX VERSION] - 28 May 13

Fixed: ListViewItems were not being deleted from native-created ListViews during UDF actions which could have meant hitting the 62k control limit if the ListViews held large numbers of items and were often manipulated. Sorry about that. :>

Thanks to JeromeB whose question led me to discover the problem. :)

New zip in first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

[NEW VERSION] - 10 Jun 13

Changed: Until now you could not use the left/right cursor keys when editing - they would either move to the adjacent item or end the edit process depending on the EditMode setting. But now you can choode when initialising the ListView whether the cursor can be used within the edit. Add + 16 to the $iAdded parameter of _GUIListViewEx_Init and the cursor within the edit becomes active - you must use Ctrl-Left/Right to move to (the adjacent item or end the edit process. This change is NOT script-breaking - the default action is unchanged from previous releases.

Thanks to dragan who asked for this small change. :thumbsup:

New UDF and examples in the first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

[bUGFIX VERSION] - 14 Jun 13

Fixed: An array was being ReDimed to the wrong size causing a crash after using _GUIListViewEx_Close. Sorry about that. :>

New UDF in the zip in the first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hi,

I have added the possibilty of editing ListView elements using a combo with user-variable values. The combo can be read-only or have an active edit, but you cannot mix edit and combo in the same ListView:

See new Beta below

Happy to receive comments on utility, functionality and implementation. :)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Removed Beta code

Spoiler

I put it through the mill and couldn't find any issue with it.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

guinness,

Blimey, that was quick work - thanks. :)

M23

Spoiler

Well, I did have one issue but it disappeared and I couldn't replicate it. When I select the Edit 5,0 or 0,1 buttons it displayed the combo box in the wrong place. But after clicking them a couple of times the problem was gone. Hmm, couldn't explain it!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

• Moderators

Hi,

For those willing to try, here is a new Beta version allowing editing by combo - but now you can have different values for the combo in each column (or the same in all if you so wish):

Beta code removed - see latest release

Look at the _GUIListViewEx_ComboData lines in the example to see how the syntax has changed to allow this. ;)

As always, happy to get feedback - good or bad. :)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Spoiler

Melba,

I just played with the new version - it works great! No bad feedback!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

water,

Thanks! :thumbsup:

M23

Spoiler

Downloading...testing...found a bug/problem. On the native ListView if I double-click on the 2nd column (Dick) it doesn't display the combobox. Though it works on the UDF version.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

• Moderators

guinness,

It is not supposed to:

;                                                                                                                              v-------------v  
; Initiate LVEx - use filling array - no count parameter - default insert mark colour (black) - drag image - sort & editable - only cols 0 & 2 (plus headers) editable
$iLV_Left_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cListView_Left, $aLV_List_Left, 0, 0, True, 1 + 2 + 8 + 32, "0;2")

;                                                                                                             v---------------v
; Initiate LVEx - use read content as array - count parameter set - red insert mark - drag image - editable - all cols editable by default (plus headers)
$iLV_Right_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($hListView_Right, $aLV_List_Right, 1, 0xFF0000, True, 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32)
So column 1 (Dick) is not editable by doubleclick. ;)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Typo

Spoiler

Ah, I did see 0;2, but dismissed it for some reason and thought that the native and UDF were replicating the same functionality. Well then it's working fine.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Sorry, to bother you Melba23, but in line 103-104 is something missing

;                             + 8  - Headers editable by Ctrl-click (only if ListView editable)
;                             + 16 - Left/right cursor active in edit - use Ctrl-arrow to move to next item (if set)
;                             + 32 - Combo

Maybe just in the beta of the udf.

And one Question to the Example:

If I change line 38

to

$iLV_Left_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cListView_Left, $aLV_List_Left, 0, 0, True, 1 + 2 + 8 + 16, "0;2")

I got a error:

....\GUIListViewEx_Combo.au3 (1955) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
If _WinAPI_GetAsyncKeyState($aKeys_Edit[$i]) Then
If _WinAPI_GetAsyncKeyState(^ ERROR

What did I wrong?

Edited by Tankbuster

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

When I download the zip from post #130 that line reads:

; + 32 - Combo control available when double clicking on a subitem in user-defined columns
So I have no idea why it is truncated in your version. :wacko:

Nor do I have any idea why you get an "out of range" error when you remove the "combo" flag from the ListView initialisation. The $aKeys_Edit array is created with 5 elements:

Local $aKeys_Edit[5] = [0x09, 0x0D, 0x1B, 0x26, 0x28]
And checked for exactly those 5 in just the one line:

For $i = 0 To 4
    If _WinAPI_GetAsyncKeyState($aKeys_Edit[$i]) Then
Using the code from the zip file I do not get the error when I make the same change as you so I cannot really offer any suggestions at all. :(

But from the first point it looks as if your download might be corrupted in some way. Try downloading the zip again from post #130 above and see if the problem persists. :)

M23

Spoiler

I was too fast for you this time.

You recommened on 29 June to download your code (I used the _EIPLISTVIEW udf) the and it looks like the secret is POST #126

Edited by Melba23, 30 June 2013 - 10:14 AM.
Removed Beta code

( I guess that Beta Code was a ZIP)

And I downloaded the ZIP of POST #126 something around  01:00 AM on 30 June :-)

Sorry, to blame you :-)

And now everything is ok.

(in the beta code also the function _GUIListViewEx_ComboData() got only 2 args, right.)

Now on the edit flag also everything works, fine.

Thx (as always)

• Moderators

[NEW VERSION] - 10 Jun 13

Added: Elements can now be edited using combo or input controls - add + 32 to the $iAdded parameter of _GUIListViewEx_Init to use combos. The combo data is set and can be reset at any time using a new function _GUIListViewEx_ComboData - the user can use this function to determine if the combo is read-only or not. Each column requires its own data set, although all columns can be set to the same data if they all require it. ;)

This change is not script-breaking - only add the new parameter and use the new function if you require combos. :)

New UDF and new Example_2 in zip in first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 5 months later...