ChooseFileFolder - Interim Version 11 Mar 21

Melba23

• Moderators

kcvinu,

The "empty items" are disabled - in that you cannot return them even if they are selected. If all you want is a list of the exe files, then just use _FileListToArrayRec to get all of them in a array and develop your tree from that - but, as I mentioned above, that is how I started with this UDF and it is extremely slow for anything other then a very small tree.

M23

Edited by Melba23
Clarity, i hope

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

kcvinu,

It seems that removing checkboxes from certain TreeViewItems is not an easy task and involves user-drawn imagelists - not something with which I want to get involved as the UDF is complex enough already!

But try this Beta code - you cannot select items which should not be returned, so in the example script I posted earlier, although the folders still have checkboxes, they cannot be selected:  

Any better?

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Thanks @Melba23 . let me try it. I will sure inform you. :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

• Moderators

kcvinu,

I am running into problems with this development path - it results in major conflicts with the existing "precheck" functionality, which to my mind is more useful. I am looking into how I might blend the two, but at present I cannot find a sensible way of getting them to play nicely together without massively complicating the code.

M23

Spoiler

@Melba23  Ya i know. On the same time, i am searching for alternative options. But i couldn't find a more easy option than your UDF. But i think you can make a complex version of this UDF for these type of special needs. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

• Moderators

kcvinu,

But i think you can make a complex version of this UDF for these type of special needs.

Good news - I am working on a new approach which looks promising, so you may be in luck.

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

kcvinu & anyone else reading

Her is a new Beta which seems to work just fine for me in both the _CFF_Choose and _CFF_Embed cases, with and without prechecks. I would be grateful if others could test it too:  ChooseFileFolder_Mod.au3

Here is the test script I have been using:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

#include "ChooseFileFolder_Mod.au3"

Local $sRet, $aRet

Global $sRootFolder = StringLeft(@AutoItExe, StringInStr(@AutoItExe, "\", Default, -1))
ConsoleWrite($sRootFolder & @CRLF)

; Register handlers
$sRet = _CFF_RegMsg()
If Not $sRet Then
    MsgBox(16, "Failure!", "Handler not registered")
    Exit
EndIf

; Pre-check the AutoIt executable file
Local $aPreCheck_List[] = [@AutoItExe]
; Note that pre-checked file will be returned unless expanded and cleared
_CFF_SetPreCheck($aPreCheck_List)

; Only lowest item on a checked tree will be returned
$sRet = _CFF_Choose("_CFF_Choose", 300, 500, -1, -1, "", Default, 0 + 512, -1)
If $sRet Then
    $aRet = StringSplit($sRet, "|")
    $sRet = ""
    For $i = 1 To $aRet[0]
        $sRet &= $aRet[$i] & @CRLF
    Next
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL + $MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Done", "Selected:" & @CRLF & @CRLF & $sRet)
Else
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL + $MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Oops", "No Selection")
EndIf

$hGUI = GUICreate("_CFF_Embed", 300, 500)

$hTV = _GUICtrlTreeView_Create($hGUI, 10, 10, 280, 400, BitOr($TVS_HASBUTTONS, $TVS_HASLINES, $TVS_LINESATROOT, $TVS_DISABLEDRAGDROP, $TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $TVS_CHECKBOXES))
$cStop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Return", 10, 450, 80, 30)

GUISetState()

; Reset precheck path
_CFF_SetPreCheck($aPreCheck_List)

$sRet = _CFF_Embed ($hTV, "", Default, 0 + 512, $cStop)
If $sRet Then
    $aRet = StringSplit($sRet, "|")
    $sRet = ""
    For $i = 1 To $aRet[0]
        $sRet &= $aRet[$i] & @CRLF
    Next
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL + $MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Done", "Selected:" & @CRLF & @CRLF & $sRet)
Else
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL + $MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Oops", "No Selection")
EndIf

Thanks in advance for any comments.

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Spoiler

@Melba23 , Thanks. I will test it and let you know the result.

Spoiler

My Contributions

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Melba
Planning soon, a fresh OS install so I will report on ..

But here are a couple you may be able to reproduce yourself

1)    With latest autoit July 2015 installed
The return didn't include "\" at the ending of folders

2)     In the tree view, with some of my previous tests some files and folders wouldn't show up under  the \user\ AppData folder
Mostly in win 8
Under Roaming\   , the "Microsoft"  folder  in win 7

* Still intrested to control what's to be in the return
For example: I will be selecting hidden files at first session
At second session Ill be launching the tree-view without allowing (hidden files) when writing back to the list from the return, I'll still be seeing  the previously selected hidden files
Can there maybe  be added a parameter or such : to include files, strictly from the tree view's  scope ? ..

As I said : will be ready to test on  later (so take you're time :) )

Thanks 

• Moderators

Deye,

- 1. On my Win7 machine I get the "\User\user_Name\ AppData folder\Roaming\Microsoft" folder displayed for all users under both release v3.3.14.2 and Beta v3.3.15.0.

- 2. You only get the trailing "\" for folder paths when you have set option "+ 16 (Both files and folders selectable if basic $iDisplay set to 0 - folders have trailing \". When I do that I get the trailing "\" for folders - for all other cases no trailing "\" is added.

- 3. I have no idea what you are trying to say in the final section regarding hidden files - please explain in more detail.

M23

Spoiler

hi Melba

What I meant is when I load a precheck list that includes paths of hidden files
Then when I go using _CFF_Choose with +4 (no hidden ) 
Ill still have those prechecks in the return

Could be good if there was a switch that differentiates hidden files from hidden folders
+2 for files
+3 for folders
+5 for both

* would help for testing and a good feature to have = add a Ctrl +  double click (Open in explorer)

Run("explorer.exe /n,/e,/select, " & '"' & $sRoot & StringReplace(_GUICtrlTreeView_GetTree($g_hCFF_TreeView, $hItem), "|", "\"))

up with a new win 7 I don't see "\User\user_Name\ AppData folder\Roaming\Microsoft"  (tested with the new mod)

with my previous setup It wasn't the case, as I mentioned, I noticed this on other machines, where on windows 8 more was missing 

thanks

• Moderators

Deye,

- 1. If you add any files to the precheck list then they form part of the return unless you manually uncheck them - so if you do not show any hidden files they will always obviously always be present. I see this as a user problem - check the files you add to the list according to the display settings you are going to use.  I do not intend adding such a functionality to the UDF - the prechecks are set by a separate function before the CFF dialog is called with the specific display requirements, so there is no way the UDF can sensible check whether the 2 are compatible.

- 2. I will have a think about how a "hidden file and/or folder" functionality might be added, but no promises.

- 3. I am not interested in adding the "Open in Explorer" functionality you suggest - the UDF is designed to let the user select a list of files/folders for later use, not to act as a mini file manager.

- 4. Have you checked the attributes of these "missing" folders? As I said, they appear for me so I cannot suggest anything else. Perhaps post the exact code you use so I can see if there is anything in there that might throw light on the problem.

M23

Spoiler

It appears its a system folder when using + 8 that's why I wouldn't see it

I admit, these switches got me puzzled

Where I'm looking to see all folders but wanting to hide system files or hidden files

So Im just writing the idea down

+2 hidden files
+3 hidden folders
=5 both hidden f/f

+6 system files
+7 system folders
=13 both system f/f

Since 13+3 =16
+16 needs to change to + 17

thanks and sorry for all the oops's   -_-

• Moderators

Deye,

It is a little more complicated than that!

• Firstly, the codes are discrete powers of 2 (to allow them to be added without problem) so your numbering system would not work.
  • Secondly, the UDF depends on _FileListToArrayRec to get the data to fill the TreeView - and so I would need to modify that function considerably to allow it to differentiate between folders and files, which I am not going to do.

So sorry, but the response to this request is also "No".

M23

Spoiler

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone.

I've been trying different combinations and reading different threads but I can't seem to get this right. I'm trying to adapt Ex 9 to my requirement but I've drawn a blank.

I want CFF to produce a list of all folders on drives C and D which contain a file called "master", and tick the checkbox next to those directories that do indeed contain such a file.

Can someone please give me the correct syntax? With my thanks in advance.

• Moderators

Zambi,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

At first glance what you want to do requires considerably more than CFF is able to provide - the UDF merely lists files and/or folders and it is the user who determines which of them are prechecked. However I will look into how close I can get to your requirements tomorrow.

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

Zambi,

Does this do what you want?

#include <Array.au3>

#include "ChooseFileFolder.au3"

Global $sRootFolder = StringLeft(@AutoItExe, StringInStr(@AutoItExe, "\", Default, -1))
ConsoleWrite($sRootFolder & @CRLF)

; Register handlers
$sRet = _CFF_RegMsg()

; Search for the required files within the tree
$aFoundList = _FileListToArrayRec($sRootFolder, "*.chm", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_RECUR, $FLTAR_NOSORT, $FLTAR_FULLPATH)

;_ArrayDisplay($aFoundList, "Full Paths", Default, 8)

; Remove the count element
_ArrayDelete($aFoundList, 0)

; Set precheck list for the found files
_CFF_SetPreCheck($aFoundList)

; Display tree - chm files prechecked
$sRet = _CFF_Choose("Testing....", 300, 500, -1, -1, StringLeft($sRootFolder, 3), "*.chm", 0 + 512, -1)

Basically it searches for the required files so that it can precheck the tree. Doing this significantly increases the execution time as the whole idea of CFF is not to do that and only search each branch as it is opened - but I can see no other way of prechecking the files. You cannot do it dynamically as CFF does not know that they exist until you actually open the branch on which they sit.

If that is not what you wanted, can you explain just why not - I am not sure I can do much more, but I am always willing to try.

M23

Spoiler

Thanks Melba and sorry to have troubled you with this.

Now I understand what the preceding discussion with kcvinu and Deye was about. The snappiness of CFF had made assume that it in itself was scouring through the hard disk structure. I'd been tinkering with FileToArray before that.

Thank you for your help, and for making CFF and your ListView UDF as well.  

• Moderators

Zambi,

No trouble at all - and never be afraid to ask questions. The early versions of the ChooseFileFolder UDF did indeed read the entire folder structure before creating the TreeView - which made it painfully s.....l.....o.....w when used on a structure of any size. Changing the algorithm made it fast enough to be useful, but at the cost of not knowing what is in the tree you are searching until you actually reach its location.

Glad you like the ListViewEx UDF as well.

M23

Spoiler

;                  $sMask       - Filter for result. Multiple filters must be separated by ";"
;                                 Use "|" to separate 3 possible sets of filters: "Include|Exclude|Exclude_Folders"
;                                   Include = Files/Folders to include (default = "*" [all])
;                                   Exclude = Files/Folders to exclude (default = "" [none])
;                                   Exclude_Folders = only used if the basic $iDisplay = 0 to exclude defined folders (default = "" [none])

Hello again.

The above is from the CFF definition (line 76).

Say I specified which folder to look into, can I use the above mask to limit the FOLDERS displayed in the tree to those that contain a certain string?

For example, open the "Program Files" folder and list all subfolders that have "Adobe" in them?

Thanks in advance.