Help with asm

Skitty

AutoIt has funny names for functions and variables sometimes too. For example check this:

bool bDoBatshitLocoCopy = true;

You just have to laugh honestly seeing stuff like that.

Fuck me. If Jon gets to name his variables in exasperation then god dammit I'm going to as well.

I don't want to create another thread, so I'll ask here~

Why doesn't my ntoskrnl have these exports?

PsRemoveCreateThreadNotifyRoutine
PsRemoveLoadImageNotifyRoutine
PsGetThreadWin32Thread

These are my includes~

include masm32includew2kntstatus.inc
include masm32includew2kntddk.inc
include masm32includew2kntoskrnl.inc
includelib masm32libw2kntoskrnl.lib
;include masm32includewxpntoskrnl.inc; I can't find these
;includelib masm32libwxpntoskrnl.lib
include masm32includew2khal.inc
includelib masm32libw2khal.lib

I'm using windows xp.

So you want to write kernel mode code. In ASM? When you don't really know what the hell you're doing?

Pretty much, I'd be able to compile it if I knew why those three functions aren't being imported, something tells me I need to compile it in a win 2000 OS, or if I could find the wxp version, maybe it would work on windows xp, I'm not sure but just maybe..

Well, I'm sorry I wasn't indulged into programming throughout the 90's so I could grow up and be a computer nazi like you guys Posted Image, but hey, I'll keep trying, it's just that some one gave me shitty information on another forum, guess they were one of those trolls.

Err, what? I didn't start learning C++ until 2004-ish.

Edit: And I should add, I learned AutoIt 3 at the same time. Before that the only languages I had used were AutoIt 2 and mIRC's scripting language.

Edited by Valik

• Developers

Well, I'm sorry I wasn't indulged into programming throughout the 90's so I could grow up and be a computer nazi like you guys Posted Image, but hey, I'll keep trying, it's just that some one gave me shitty information on another forum, guess they were one of those trolls.

WRONG: I understand my limitations and know I never want to touch this shit. We are trying to tell you to learn to crawl first before doing the Marathon, but the seem to persist on your quest to do Brain surgery without knowing yet what site of the knife is the one you need to make the incision with.

Anyway: success with your quest and hope you don't kill too much getting there..

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@that1

if you're missing a func, it doesn't have to be imported. use getprocaddress + module.

if using asm, do something like this:

getfuncaddr: ;stdcall, char* mod, char * func
    call GetModuleHandle;
    cmp eax, 0;
    jz fail;
    push eax;
    push dword ptr [esp + 8];
    call GetProcAddressA;
    retn 8;
fail:
  xor eax, eax;
  retn 8;

Ever wanted to call functions in another process? ProcessCall UDFConsole stuff: Console UDFC Preprocessor for AutoIt OMG

Err, what? I didn't start learning C++ until 2004-ish.

Edit: And I should add, I learned AutoIt 3 at the same time. Before that the only languages I had used were AutoIt 2 and mIRC's scripting language.

Rephrase: Well, I'm sorry I wasn't indulged into programming throughout the 00's so I could grow up and be a computer nazi like you guys Posted Image, but hey, I'll keep trying, it's just that some one gave me shitty information on another forum, guess they were one of those trolls.

You can see the specific date of when I got into this stuff, it was the date I joined this forum in after reading the "Quark online manual" 6 years previous to it, specifically this part ~

Using the Command Line - In case you intend to call Quark from the command line blah blah send a password as an argument. blah blah blah other methods like making some shell script(s) or custom application(s). blah blah.

When I was reading and saw the remark about "making some shell script(s)", I started googling it and wondered what the hell that black magic was, a year later I decided to google it again after finding out about vbs and not liking it, I google'd "automation script" and found the autoit forums around 2005 and failed to understand what exactly it was when trying to look for info, then suddenly in September 22 2010 I decided to make it my goal to understand autoit and how it worked/what it was and joined in October after realizing what a script was and finding out I could use it to automate the command line and here I am today, wondering where the hell the WXP ASM includes can be found and why I can't compile it using the W2K version from four-f's includes. Back in 1998 I was banned from using computers and attending any class that was computer oriented due to a security guard who called the fbi on me because I was supposedly hacking their network when in reality, I'll I did was use a program "net send" from rjl soft that would send a message box to all computers on a lan, if that wouldn't have happened, I would probably not be asking these questions here today, luckily they also fired the ass-hat for being and exaggerated incompetent prick that makes big deals out of nothing and bringing unwanted attention while proclaiming a 9 year old was a malicious hacker out to watch the world burn just because he sent a funny message on a lan.

So that's why I'm not a computer nazi.

• Developers

Rephrase: Well, I'm sorry I wasn't indulged into programming throughout the 00's so I could grow up and be a computer nazi like you guys Posted Image,

So that's why I'm not a computer nazi.

Maybe you should just get of your high horse and stop using Nazi in your sentences.

Not sure how well your sense/knowledge of history is but it seems you have no clue what your are on about when making these statement which is only proving our points on all counts.

Let me give you some friendly advice: let this topic rest in these forums because I feel you only end up getting hurt more than you wish for.

Over and out,

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Rephrase: Well, I'm sorry I wasn't indulged into programming throughout the 00's so I could grow up and be a computer nazi like you guys Posted Image

The amount of time I've spent doing this is not why I know what I'm doing. It's because I don't pursue fruitless avenues like learning a language that is almost useless for most programmers to know. I spend my time learning things that are important and applicable to a wide variety of languages. That's one of the reasons I can move freely between 4 languages I consider myself knowledgeable about and why I can pick up a new language in a matter of hours or days as opposed to months or years. There is some value in learning assembly but it's mostly academic. The practical uses of the knowledge are limited. Also a lot of the knowledge is not portable to other languages since they are high-level and all the low-level concepts you learn don't apply since the compiler does them for you.

Suggestion: Abandon assembly, learn a high-level language like C++.

Maybe you should just get of your high horse and stop using Nazi in your sentences.

Not sure how well your sense/knowledge of history is but it seems you have no clue what your are on about when making these statement which is only proving our points on all counts.

Let me give you some friendly advice: let this topic rest in these forums because I feel you only end up getting hurt more than you wish for.

Over and out,

Jos

No disrespect implied, and I'm also not sure what lead you to believe I was being a self righteous twat, but in the manner that I was making use of calling you guys a nazi was not a degrading but more on the professionalism vs layman's spectrum of any possible implication it could have made.

The amount of time I've spent doing this is not why I know what I'm doing. It's because I don't pursue fruitless avenues like learning a language that is almost useless for most programmers to know. I spend my time learning things that are important and applicable to a wide variety of languages. That's one of the reasons I can move freely between 4 languages I consider myself knowledgeable about and why I can pick up a new language in a matter of hours or days as opposed to months or years. There is some value in learning assembly but it's mostly academic. The practical uses of the knowledge are limited. Also a lot of the knowledge is not portable to other languages since they are high-level and all the low-level concepts you learn don't apply since the compiler does them for you.

Suggestion: Abandon assembly, learn a high-level language like C++.

Makes sense, that and being told a similar concept by a few before. I guess I'll just ditch anything buggy and attempt to learn from what already works fine and work my way up from languages with more natural language elements instead of attempting to quickly understand and look at things like a CPU.