replacing value in array

hi all

Having trouble with replacing a string in a dimensional array. basically i grab the first row in a Open office calc spreadsheet which are the column headers and want to change the names. I keep getting :

C:\Users\TurboLister\Packer.au3 (37) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:

$array[1][5] = "TEST"

^ ERROR

Im sure Im doing something stupidly wrong here :-/

Thanks in Advance Paul

Global $array[1][30]
_OOInit()
_OOOpenBook(@ScriptDir & "/" & $file)
winwait("OpenOffice")
WinActivate("OpenOffice", "")
$array = _OOSheetRangetoArray(0, "A1", "AC1", "")
$array[1][5] = "TEST"
$OutString = StringReplace($string, $farray[$i][0], $farray[$i][1])
_ArrayDisplay($array, "Test")

Firefox's secret is the same as Jessica Simpson's: its effortless, glamorous style is the result of — shhh — extensions!

Actually the problem is that when you dimension an array with a dimension size of 1, the only valid value that subitem can have is $array[0], not $array[1].

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Yes, that would be problem #2 with this code...based on the error message

$array[1][5] = "TEST"

we are not seeing the code that produced the error.

kylomas

edit: assumption

of course I am assuming that $array[1][0] - [1][4] worked

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

first array row, 5-th column is $array[0][5]

$array[1][5] is the second row, 5-th column in the array

I recommend you use _ArrayDisplay($array) before trying to output data.

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

BTW, kylomas you're also correct that his code in the line following the error line is also going to be causing him issues later because $i isn't defined anywhere in the snippet he showed us. I should have made note of that, but forgot to last night.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

BremanNH,

yea, I'm hanging up my fingers for now...I'm something like 4 for 7 correct in my last posts...if I was an Air Traffic Controlman there would be a lot of people in deep shit...

till head re-engages,

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill