Sign in to follow this  
CloudD901

no ListView with Win7 (32 or 64)

CloudD901

Hello, I hope someone would be able to assist with my problem.

I've been using a program for a while on Windows XP.

Now, we are switching to Windows 7 (32) and part of my scripts stopped working.

I found that anything related to _GUICtrlListView_ is giving me trouble.

The code to get the handle of the main window and the handle of the SysListView32 works.

The following examples are trying to find an "Issue Number" of a multicolumn ListView.

This example returns 0 (even when entering the handle manually and "Issue Number" exists).

$Line = _GUICtrlListView_FindText($list, "Issue Number")

This example returns blank (even when entering the handle and line manually).

$IssueNumber = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($list, $Line, 1)

Please let me know if any further information is needed.

I've tested this on x64 and 32 bit Win7.

Thanks!

Edited by cloudd901

BrewManNH

Is the text "Issue Number" in the first column of the ListView? What version of AutoIt are you using? Can you post a short reproducer script that shows the problem? As it is now, it's hard to reproduce it without reinventing your code with no idea how you wrote it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

CloudD901

Sorry about that.

Autoit v3.3.8.0 (Win7) v3.3.6.0 (WinXP)

SciTE v2.28

Cisco Agent v8.0.2.200 (Program with ListView)

My scripts is actually about 2600 lines.

This is the trimmed version of the part of my script giving the issue.

This same script works fine in Windows XP (both 32bit).

Tested script compiled under both XP and 7 using 3.3.6.0 and 3.3.8.0.

-Verified that $Agent is correct. Verified $list is correct. $Line returns 0. $Queue returns blank.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <ListViewConstants.au3>

$Agent = GetAgentHandle()
If Not @error Then
  ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & $Agent)
  $list = ControlGetHandle($Agent, "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:2]")
  If Not @error Then
   ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & $list)
   $Line = _GUICtrlListView_FindText($list, "CSQName")
   $Queue = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($list, $Line, 1)
  Else
   TrayTip("Cisco Assistant", "Failed to Find ListView Handle.", 7, 17)
  EndIf
Else
  TrayTip("Cisco Assistant", "Failed to Find the Cisco Agent.", 7, 17)
EndIf
MsgBox(0,"",$Queue)

Func GetAgentHandle()
Local $Agent
$Agent = WinGetHandle("Reserved - Cisco Agent Desktop")
If @error Then
  $Agent = WinGetHandle("Talking - Cisco Agent Desktop")
  If @error Then
   $Agent = WinGetHandle("Work - Cisco Agent Desktop")
   If @error Then
    $Agent = WinGetHandle("Ready - Cisco Agent Desktop")
    If @error Then
     $Agent = WinGetHandle("Not Ready - Cisco Agent Desktop")
     If @error Then
      $Agent = WinGetHandle("Cisco Agent Desktop")
     EndIf
    EndIf
   EndIf
  EndIf
EndIf
If $Agent = "" Then SetError(1)
Return $Agent
EndFunc   ;==>GetAgentHandle

Posted Image

By cloudd901 at 2012-01-11

Please let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas. There has to be some difference between XP and Win7 when reading this ListView.

Edit:

I've had time to test some more tonight and still no luck.

I've tried changing "_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText" and "_GUICtrlListView_FindText" with "ControlListView".

Still the same results. Works on XP but not Win7.

Tried combinations of "Name or Handle" for the Window with "ClassnameNN or Handle or Advanced Info" for the Control.

Any other way of getting information from a ListView control?

Edit 2:

... I'm speachless ...

The ammount I worked on this just to find the simplest solution is crazy.

I went through every step of the _ListView_FindText() function and found the fault.

I found that I was getting an access error in the internal memory function __Mem_OpenProcess().

This could only mean one thing.......... UAC.

#RequireAdmin seems to be the best rout to ensure a working script. :)

Edited by cloudd901

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Broihon
      By Broihon
      Hey guys,

I ran into a problem when I wanted to delete items of a listview using the delete key. My approach is to register my own WndProc for the listview and then filter the $WM_GETDLGCODE msg and then call the original WndProc.
      That works like a charm. The problem is that when the listview gets redrawn it somehow ends up in an infinite loop. The listview is suddenly emtpy and I can't interact with any controls of the GUI at all. Here's the code:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GUIListView.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> $h_GUI = GUICreate("Test", 200, 200, 350, 350) $h_LV = GUICtrlCreateListView("Col 1|Col 2|Col 3", 0, 0, 200, 200) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 2) $h_LV_NewWndProc = DllCallbackRegister("WndProc_LV", "int", "hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam") $g_LV_OldWndProc = _WinAPI_SetWindowLong(GUICtrlGetHandle($h_LV), $GWL_WNDPROC, DllCallbackGetPtr($h_LV_NewWndProc)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Func WndProc_LV($hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) Return _WinAPI_CallWindowProc($g_LV_OldWndProc, $hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>WndProc_GUI Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE DllCallbackFree($h_LV_NewWndProc) As you can see I'm doing nothing in the WndProc of the listview. I'm simply calling the original WndProc. This still "freezes" when I mess with the width of the columns or in the original project when I add more items that they don't fit in the listview and I have to scroll. If I don't do that it's working fine.
    • c.haslam
      By c.haslam
      I have
      Local $idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("",8,8,@DesktopWidth/2-16,@DesktopHeight-150,$LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, _ $LVS_EX_INFOTIP) Local $hListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($idListview) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 0, "Filename", 400) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 1, "Ext", 50) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 2, "Size",70) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 3, 'Date time',100) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 4, "Path", 385) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 5, "sizeInt", 0) _GUICtrlListView_JustifyColumn($hListview, $kSize,1) ; right align then further on
      While True $sFnamExt = FileFindNextFile($iSrch) If @error Then ExitLoop EndIf $sAtts = FileGetAttrib($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt) If StringInStr($sAtts,'D') Then If $sFnamExt<>'$RECYCLE.BIN' Then $sDirs &= '?'&$sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt EndIf Else $p = StringInStr($sFnamExt,'.',0,-1) ; last If $p=0 Then $sFnam = $sFnamExt $sExt = '' Else $sFnam = StringLeft($sFnamExt,$p-1) $sExt = StringTrimLeft($sFnamExt,$p) EndIf _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListview,$sFnam,-1,_GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hListview)+1000) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sExt,$kExt) $nSize = FileGetSize($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt) $sSize = AddThousandsSeparator($nsize) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sSize,$kSize) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$nsize,$kSizeInt) $nTotBytes += $nSize $a1 = FileGetTime($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt,$FT_MODIFIED,$FT_ARRAY) $t = $a1[0]&'-'&$a1[1]&'-'&$a1[2]&' '&$a1[3]&':'&$a1[4] _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$t,$kDateTime) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sPath,$kPath) If $gSQL Then $s = "Insert into tbl values ("&_SQLite_Escape($sFnam)&","&_SQLite_Escape($sExt)&",'"& _ $sSize&"','"& _ $t&"',"&_SQLite_Escape($sPath)&","&$nSize&")" _SQLite_Exec(-1,$s) If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf EndIf EndIf WEnd FileClose($iSrch) You will see that I heeded the advice in Help > _GUICtrlListView_AddItem: "As AutoIt uses the $iParam parameter to store the controlID of native-created ListView items, this value should be set sufficiently high for UDF-created items to avoid possible conflict with any existing controls - a starting value of 1000 is recommended."
      (It's unfortunate that the Example does not heed this advice. OK, it doesn't need to because there are no other controls, but still --- it would help neophytes if it did. Also to me _GUICtrlListView_AddItem is not native because it is a UDF. Confused?)
      My script then does a sort using SQLite, and updates the ListView:
      Local $hQuery Local $colNames = ['fnam','ext','nsize','dateTime','path','SizeInt'] Local $s = "Select * FROM tbl ORDER BY "&$colNames[$ncol]&';' _SQLite_Query(-1,$s, $hQuery) If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf Local $aRow[$kSizeInt+1] Local $iItem=-1 While _SQLite_FetchData($hQuery, $aRow, False, False) = $SQLITE_OK ; Read Out the next Row If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf $iItem += 1 For $i = $kFnam To $kSizeInt _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($hListview,$aRow[$i],$iItem,$i,Default) Next WEnd This works, but I had earlier coded
      _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($hListview,$aRow[$i],$iItem,$i,Default,$iItem+1000) because the same advice is in the Help for this function.
      So my care in specifying $param back-fired! What am I not understanding?
      The only difference in what works is that the $param parameter is defaulted.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I am building a management for the company I work with, and I just imported a real amount of rows ( about 29000 ), in my SQLite DB.
      The thing I am not understanding, is the time that the script takes to build this amount of rows in the ListView.
      I didn't measure it, but I think it took 2 minutes or so to create each ListView item...
      It is normal that it takes so much time?
      What can I do to improve the creation of the items?

Here's the code I am using to query and to create ListView items...
      ; Articles ListView: Global $lvwArticles = GUICtrlCreateListView("ID|Fornitore|Codice|Descrizione|EU|Prezzo|Sconto Applicato|Note", 14, 87, 1507, 660, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_LISTVIEW,$LVS_SORTASCENDING,$LVS_SORTDESCENDING), BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_GRIDLINES,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)) ; Query $strQuery = "SELECT * FROM ARTICOLI;" ; Query Execution _SQLite_GetTable2d($objDatabase, $strQuery, $arrResult, $intRows, $intColumns) If @error Then ; Error Handling Else ; Cleaning the ListView _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($lvwArticles) If @error Then ; Error Handling Else ; No records in the Table If UBound($arrResult) < 2 Then ; Error Handling Else _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($lvwArticles) For $intCounter = 1 To UBound($arrResult) - 1 $strListViewItem = $arrResult[$intCounter][0] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][1] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][2] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][3] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][4] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][5] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][6] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][7] $objListViewItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($strListViewItem, $lvwArticles) Next _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($lvwArticles) EndIf EndIf EndIf Thanks in advance

Best Regards.
    • ammaul
      By ammaul
      Hi folks, I'm having problems with a screenshot capture script.
      Let me explain.
      Everyday I (and my colleagues at work) need to take some screenshots from a web-page. These screenshots are used to compile a report. Normally, I (and others) used to log in into the website and took screenshots of desired graphics and tables. This is tediuos and time consuming. To easy this task I made a script using autoit that basically logs into the website (user and password) and using some clicks, stroke send, coordinates, it is able to generate the graphics and save them to some folders into our network (this script saves arouund 50 pics. It works like a sharm.
      In order to make things easier, I tried to schedule this script (compiled to a Screnpics.exe file) using task scheduler from windows. We already use this (task scheduler) to run some vbs scripts, some vba excel scripts and so on. The computer used for this tasks is a windows 7 desktop computer. Due to security policies, the computer locks after some time. All this tasks run in the locked computer.
      My script screenpics.exe runs also from this locked computer. When the computer is unlocked, it does everything as expected. But, when it is locked, all the "pics" are BLACK. As I understand, it runs ok, but, as the "windows" are innactive, it prints what it "sees": a black rectangular.
      Some details: The web-page with hold the information I need, it only works in Firefox and, because of this it couldn`t be managed by vba or some "getobject" like commands. In fact, it has some flash things that make it impossible to control programatically. So my script is based on mouse move to coordinates, mouse click, screen capture and so one.

So, I read many posts trying to figure out a way to overcome this, but... nothing came to mind. My first idea was try to unlock windows. Theses lead me to some posts with no solution. This is worse because I'm not a computer admin, so procedures that need to replace/change the register are not an option.

If someone has any idea, I'll be gratefull.
    • therks
      By therks
      Has anybody else noticed that Windows 7 reacts ignorantly when you use the Windows key + arrow key shortcuts on a GUI with GUIEventMode set to 1? I discovered this recently when I was working on an app where I wanted complete control over the maximize/minimize buttons.
      Just give it a spin:
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> Opt('GUIEventOptions', 1) $hGUI = GUICreate('', 300, 200, Default, Default, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX)) GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_MAXIMIZE ToolTip('Maximized') Case $GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE ToolTip('Minimized') Case $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE ToolTip('Restored') Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Run that, then hit Win+Up or Win+Down. None of those events get triggered, and it still maximizes/minimizes. Although I can't get it to restore down from a maximize unless the window is also resizable ($WS_THICKFRAME in the style).
      Is there a way to stop Windows from doing what it wants or is the only option to check with WinGetState() and then change it back?

Windows 10 seems to respect my settings, and I don't have any other versions to test on.