Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fohsap

My hotkey script ends prematurely, unexpectedly

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Below is my script. Can you please tell me why I keep getting exit code 0, and the script stops? I'm expecting it to just idle in the background and await my hotkey pressing.

Global $Paused
HotKeySet("F7", "Cycle2")
HotKeySet("F8", "Cycle1")
HotKeySet("F9", "Cycle3")

Func Cycle3()
  $Paused = NOT $Paused
  MouseClick("left", 920, 755, 1, 25) ;taskbar
  MouseClick("left", 776, 598, 1, 25) ;region
  MouseClick("left", 575, 565, 1, 25) ;pgdown
  MouseClickDrag("left", 325, 310, 500, 575, 25)
  Exit 0
EndFunc

Func Cycle2()
  $Paused = NOT $Paused
  MouseClick("left", 575, 565, 1, 25) ;pgdown
  MouseClick("left", 575, 310, 2, 25) ;up
  Global $Paused
EndFunc

Func Cycle1()
  $Paused = NOT $Paused
  Local $i = 0
  Do
      Sleep(2000) ;2-second sleep
      Cycle2()
      $i = $i + 1
  Until $i = 7
  Global $Paused
EndFunc
Edited by Fohsap

Insert

While 1

Sleep(100)

WEnd

after HotKeySet's

Get Beta versions Here Get latest SciTE editor Here AutoIt 1-2-3 by Valuater - A great starting point.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Yes like BigDod said you could insert

While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd

Your Problem is that the Functions are not Used :) Functions Wait to be called, but because your script has no definition when to start or end it will just run from top to bottom and Exit.

When you add a While Loop, the Loop Will Keep the Programm "alive"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• cosmos
      By cosmos
      Edit: Just realised this was posted in the wrong forum! I guess the Mods will move it to either "AutoIt General Help and Support" or "AutoIt Technical Discussion".
      Do you use type checking? Or do you choose not to type check?
      I was trying to think of the simplest way to do a type check without typing arguments more than once and I came up with:
      Func displayPerson($firstName, $lastName, $age) ; -- TYPE CHECK -- Local $typeCheck = ("" _ & IsString($firstName) _ & IsString($lastName) _ & IsNumber($age) _ ) If (StringInStr($typeCheck, "0")) Then MsgBox(16, "Type Error: displayPerson()", $typeCheck) ; -- FUNCTION -- MsgBox(0, "", $firstName & " " & $lastName & " (" & $age & ")") EndFunc The only catch with this method is that it produces a very simplistic error message. Even still, the fact that you only have to type out arguments once makes it a reasonable approach, in my opinion. The same logic can also be used for making function contracts (for example: $firstName mustn't be an empty string etc...).
      What do you think? How do you go about such things?
    • IamKJ
      By IamKJ
      I am trying to allow the GUI to gather info as to when to execute a function.  I am having trouble doing this.  So far this is what I have.

;Timer Func timer () If Not IsDeclared("iMsgBoxAnswer") Then Local $iMsgBoxAnswer $iMsgBoxAnswer = MsgBox(36,"Timer","Please format your answer in 00:00:00:000") Select Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 6 ;Yes Global $infotime = InputBox ('Time', 'What time to execute?') Do $rawtimer = ToolTip(@Hour & ':' & @Min & ':' & @Sec & ':' & _MSec()) until $rawtimer = $infotime if $rawtimer = $infotime Then msgbox (0,'Worked','Worked') Else EndIf Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 7 ;No Exit EndSelect EndFunc Func _MSec() Local $stSystemTime = DllStructCreate('ushort;ushort;ushort;ushort;ushort;ushort;ushort;ushort') DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'none', 'GetSystemTime', 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($stSystemTime)) $sMilliSeconds = StringFormat('%03d', DllStructGetData($stSystemTime, 8)) $stSystemTime = 0 Return $sMilliSeconds EndFunc I have also tried _GUIToolTip_GetText in order to read the tooltip until the time specified, but it still doesn't work.  Any help would be great.
    • MarkBe
      By MarkBe
      Hi
      I am trying to check a number of applications are up to date and install the update if required. This will run as a shutdown script, pushed out through Group Policy.
      I am querying various registry keys to determine if
      The software is actually installed The software is at the correct version Once the need for update is determined then it calls another function to run the update.
      If the software is up to date or not installed, it moves down to the next software section which changes the registry key variables and calls the registry query function again
      I have managed to get the function for (un)installs to work but I am having trouble with the registry query function
      #NoTrayIcon #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> ; Here we go! ;########################################################################################################## ;Declare variables Global $RegKey86, $RegKey64, $RegValueName, $RegValueData, $CheckVersion86, $CheckVersion64 ; 7Zip ;########################################################################################################## _7Zip_Function() Func _7Zip_Function() ; Registry location and values that are checked for current software version ; Ensure the x64 key is preceeded with 'HKLM64' $RegKey86="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7-Zip" $RegKey64="HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7-Zip" $RegValueName="DisplayVersion" $RegValueData="16.04" ; Excecution ; --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If _CheckSW() = 1 Then _UninstallOldVer() _InstallSW() EndIf EndFunc ;==>_7Zip_Function ; Functions ;########################################################################################################## Func _CheckSW() $CheckVersion86=RegRead ($RegKey86, $RegValueName) $CheckVersion64=RegRead ($RegKey64, $RegValueName) If $CheckVersion86=$RegValueData Or $CheckVersion64=$RegValueData Then Return 0 ElseIf $CheckVersion86="" And $CheckVersion64="" Then Return 0 Else Return 1 EndIf EndFunc ;==>CheckSW  
    • XOblivion
      By XOblivion
      im some what new to autoit and need help figuring out best way to make a simple clicker for few idle games i play(taptitdue, sakura clicker, elndless frontier etc.) ive played around with autoit recorder to make simple copy mouse clicks. but now i want to make a script that allows me to select multiple functions before starting the script for game ex: click section A or click section A + B to run At set intervals if that makes sense . i dont need scripts made by other just info on what things i should use to make it my self.

need to be able to select between games and be able to select multiple functions to run inconjuntion or independent for each game. thank you in advance
    • WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi guys,
      Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong with this code?
      I'm trying to take user input and then run a function with the same name, but it's not calling the function.
      So in the below after pressing Shift+F8 I would enter the text (without quotes) "testFunc".
      As you can see I've also tried this with IF statements, I'm new to using Switch/Case.
      HotKeySet("+{F8}", RunManually) Func RunManually() ;Use a case statement with 1 hot key and an InputBox to manually run functions $funcName = InputBox("Which Func to Run?", "Enter the name of the function to run") MsgBox(0, "Entered value", $funcName) ;If $funcName = testFunc Then testFunc() ;If $funcName = test2Func Then test2Func() Switch $funcName Case testFunc MsgBox(0, "Calling", "Calling Function") testFunc() MsgBox(0, "Called", "Function call finished") Case test2Func MsgBox(0, "Calling", "Calling Function") test2Func() MsgBox(0, "Called", "Function call finished") EndSwitch EndFunc While 1 ;testFunc() Sleep(1000) WEnd Func testFunc() MsgBox(0, "func running", "Seems to work!") EndFunc Func test2Func() MsgBox(0, "func 2 running", "2 Seems to work!") EndFunc Thanks!