Doubt in mozilla firefox Web access

sathish

Hi Forum,

First i need to clarify you all, this is not spam for any website

This is for my official use

We have internal websites (Home Directory, inetpub)

So here comes my requirement

I have a text file with a employee datas (Name, age, sex, Employee ID, DOB, etc)

I want to login to my company website and there we have these fields, i need to fill it from the text file i have,

I can automate opening and extracting the text file fields, problem comes when it is a website, hence we dont have any perfect example or tutorial for website functions

So i need to open my site in Mozilla firefox, then fill up the Employee details one by one, please anybody suggest me a simple sample script,

so that i can understand by myself after that,

I have started to look into the FF.au3

#include <FF.au3>

_FFStart("http://10.0.0.21/Empdetails/") ; my internal office website

If _FFConnect() Then

EndIf

Note: This is not for any illegal or spam purpose, Nearly 1000 employees in my office, just think how bad it will be for me to do it manually

Thanks

Sathish V.

See i have posted twice, every time Melba23 helped me solving it, that too in a quick responsive manner

so just jokingly i asked liked that

I want to ask you (Old Members) why are you people behave very rude to the beginners,

you guys are helping us, thats for sure, but why these kind of words (Is Melba23 your servant),

I think better to create Forum rules for the postings of Old Members too will be good

Mr John, better mind your words, and try to learn how to speak to a newbie

Thanks & Regards

Sathish V.

Edited by sathish

See i have posted twice, every time Melba23 helped me solving it, that too in a quick responsive manner

so just jokingly i asked liked that

I want to ask you (Old Members) why are you people behave very rude to the beginners,

you guys are helping us, thats for sure, but why these kind of words (Is Melba23 your servant),

I think better to create Forum rules for the postings of Old Members too will be good

Mr John, better mind your words, and try to learn how to speak to a newbie

Thanks & Regards

Sathish V.

I do just fine on my own without your advice thank you.

But if you would like mine, you are a self proclaimed newbie, and your post sounds like you are demanding help from someone.

So perhaps it is you who should not be rude, and if you are making a joke (which I doubt you were) you ought to make

that clear in your post.

I cannot help with your need, as that tiny piece of code you posted does not say much, but I'm

sure someone will help you if they can when they can.

Meanwhile you should try some code yourself, and show a little of that code you have tried to achieve your goal.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I do just fine on my own without your advice thank you.

But if you would like mine, you are a self proclaimed newbie, and your post sounds like you are demanding help from someone.

So perhaps it is you who should not be rude, and if you are making a joke (which I doubt you were) you ought to make

that clear in your post.

I cannot help with your need, as that tiny piece of code you posted does not say much, but I'm

sure someone will help you if they can when they can.

Meanwhile you should try some code yourself, and show a little of that code you have tried to achieve your goal.

I am not demanding anybody, and also i dont have the rights to demand anyone

I have explained in my post that the thing is other text extraction from text file and all i have completed, i tried searching about FF.au3

But i cant able to find any tutorial, so that i requested from the members to help me out, and also please read my 1st post completely

(So i need to open my site in Mozilla firefox, then fill up the Employee details one by one, please anybody suggest me a simple sample script, so that i can understand by myself after that,), how many newbie's would have asked like that, i am not a self proclaimed,

I have just requested for a simple sample script for mozilla firefox,

So dont just say whatever you like, this is forum and everybody is having a look, and nobody told me that i was demanding, and John you are the only one who misunderstood

So be calm and read the post fully before commenting on others, otherwise leave it and i think you will have more business, you can take care of that instead of blaming others

• Moderators

I will weigh in here, and agree wholeheartedly with John on this. There is a reason you're receiving no help, sathish. This forum is full of people who take time out of their own schedules to assist because we have a lot of love for the language. No one is getting paid, so we're less than willing to deal with someone who comes off (as you clearly did) as petulant and demanding. I would kindly suggest you take your own advice, and mind your words while here.

I would also agree with John on your script. You state this is an internal site we cannot see, and don't give us the details of the fields you want to fill, yet you want a sample script written for you. That is nigh impossible with the information you've provided. I would suggest at least attaching the html source of the page so we can see how it is ordered.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hello Logan

I will weigh in here, and agree wholeheartedly with John on this. There is a reason you're receiving no help, sathish. This forum is full of people who take time out of their own schedules to assist because we have a lot of love for the language. No one is getting paid, so we're less than willing to deal with someone who comes off (as you clearly did) as petulant and demanding. I would kindly suggest you take your own advice, and mind your words while here.

I would also agree with John on your script. You state this is an internal site we cannot see, and don't give us the details of the fields you want to fill, yet you want a sample script written for you. That is nigh impossible with the information you've provided. I would suggest at least attaching the html source of the page so we can see how it is ordered.

Hello Logan

Thanks for your reply

Here with I have attached the html file

Please try to understand, that i am requesting just a sample script for firefox, simple inputboxes, with OK cancel buttons

But i dont know why peoples getting irritated by this,

Requesting a simple sample for ff.au3 or any links where it is present, is it a crime requesting for this!!!!

Employeelogin.html

I know how to do it in INTERNET EXPLOREE,

The thing is i dont know how to automate this using FF.au3

Then i would suggest you show us what you have so far, or at least the most relevant parts of it, if for nothing other than to prove that you are actually the one putting the effort towards it- instead of just requesting people to do it for you, as you originally had done. The firefox include file has pretty much all the same functions as the IE version does. It shouldn't be too hard for you to just change some of functions slightly to the firefox functions. Now, if you had any problems in doing so, that is what you should be posting here, not requests for scripts.

-_-

Edited by mischieftoo

Then i would suggest you show us what you have so far, or at least the most relevant parts of it, if for nothing other than to prove that you are actually the one putting the effort towards it- instead of just requesting people to do it for you, as you originally had done. The firefox include file has pretty much all the same functions as the IE version does. It shouldn't be too hard for you to just change some of functions slightly to the firefox functions. Now, if you had any problems in doing so, that is what you should be posting here, not requests for scripts.

;)

use strict;
use warnings;
use Win32;
use Win32::OLE;
use Win32::GUI();
use Win32::OLE;
use Win32::IEAutomation;

my $URL = "http://10.0.0.21/login/";
my $FormName = "Default";
my $UserName = "1185";
my $Password = 'neeta12sa';
my $shift = 'General Shift';
my $loginbtn = 'General Shift';

my $ie = Win32::IEAutomation->new( visible => 0, maximize => 2);
$ie->gotoURL($URL);
$ie->getTextBox('name:', "txtLogin")->SetValue($UserName);
$ie->getTextBox('name:', "txtPwd")->SetValue($Password);
$ie->getSelectList('name:', 'shift')->SelectItem($shift);
$ie->getButton('name:', "btnSubmit")->Click;

I am a perl developer, who uses autoit also

so above is my perl coding for internet explorer

I am not asking anyone to write scripts, I am just requesting for a example (The script already written for some other purpose in ff.au3)

:)