Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikeman27294

[Solved] - GUIRegisterMsg WM_SIZE run function after resize complete.

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello everyone.

I want to run a function when a GUI window is resized. However, when I click to resize the GUI, before I actually drag the corner of the GUI it runs and prevents me from resizing the GUI. I was hoping that I would be able to make this message run once the GUI has finished running. Would this be possible?

Thanks

Edit

I have solved it. The answer:

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_RESIZED, 'WM_SIZE', $hWnd)
Edited by Mikeman27294

Mikeman27294,

There is almost certainly a "finished resizing" message you can intercept - but you can easily do it with WM_SIZE in this way: :)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

; Clear the flag
Global $fResized = False

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500, Default, Default, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX))

GUISetState()

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZE, "_WM_SIZE")

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch

; If the flag is set
    If $fResized Then
        MsgBox(0, "Hi", "Now you can run your function")
        ; Clear the flag again
        $fResized = False
    EndIf

WEnd

Func _WM_SIZE($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

; Set the flag
    $fResized = True

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

EndFunc   ;==>_WM_SIZE

Will that do? ;)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Mikeman27294,

There is indeed a "finished resizing" message - and it is very easy to trap: :)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

; Clear the flag
Global $fResized = False

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500, Default, Default, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX))

GUISetState()

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $GUI_EVENT_RESIZED ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
            MsgBox(0, "Hi", "Now you can run your function")
    EndSwitch

WEnd

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Thanks.

How would I do this with Gui Event Mode though?

Mikeman27294,

Are you serious? :)

If you are already coding in OnEvent mode you must know how to trap GUI events - and this is an event just like $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE. What do you do to trap that? ;)

M23

Spoiler

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

GuiOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit")

I am still learning to trap messages. I have already learned a fair bit and have impressed myself with what I have learned so far (thankyou help file hahaha) but I was just having that 1 trouble and couldnt find anything in the windows messages lookup in the help file for it.

EDIT

Well I have figured it out. Thanks.

The answer is in the first post.

Edited by Mikeman27294

Mikeman27294,

Good for you! :)

M23

Spoiler

And thanks for the help. Without it I wouldn't have figured it out. I didn't now about the GUI Event GUI_EVENT_RESIZED.