Sign in to follow this  
Mikeman27294

[Solved] - GUIRegisterMsg WM_SIZE run function after resize complete.

Mikeman27294

Hello everyone.

I want to run a function when a GUI window is resized. However, when I click to resize the GUI, before I actually drag the corner of the GUI it runs and prevents me from resizing the GUI. I was hoping that I would be able to make this message run once the GUI has finished running. Would this be possible?

Thanks

Edit

I have solved it. The answer:

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_RESIZED, 'WM_SIZE', $hWnd)
Edited by Mikeman27294

Melba23

Mikeman27294,

There is almost certainly a "finished resizing" message you can intercept - but you can easily do it with WM_SIZE in this way: :)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

; Clear the flag
Global $fResized = False

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500, Default, Default, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX))

GUISetState()

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZE, "_WM_SIZE")

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch

; If the flag is set
    If $fResized Then
        MsgBox(0, "Hi", "Now you can run your function")
        ; Clear the flag again
        $fResized = False
    EndIf

WEnd

Func _WM_SIZE($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

; Set the flag
    $fResized = True

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

EndFunc   ;==>_WM_SIZE

Will that do? ;)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Melba23

Mikeman27294,

There is indeed a "finished resizing" message - and it is very easy to trap: :)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

; Clear the flag
Global $fResized = False

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500, Default, Default, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX))

GUISetState()

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $GUI_EVENT_RESIZED ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
            MsgBox(0, "Hi", "Now you can run your function")
    EndSwitch

WEnd

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Mikeman27294

Thanks.

How would I do this with Gui Event Mode though?

Melba23

Mikeman27294,

Are you serious? :)

If you are already coding in OnEvent mode you must know how to trap GUI events - and this is an event just like $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE. What do you do to trap that? ;)

M23

Spoiler

Mikeman27294

GuiOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit")

I am still learning to trap messages. I have already learned a fair bit and have impressed myself with what I have learned so far (thankyou help file hahaha) but I was just having that 1 trouble and couldnt find anything in the windows messages lookup in the help file for it.

EDIT

Well I have figured it out. Thanks.

The answer is in the first post.

Edited by Mikeman27294

Melba23

Mikeman27294,

Good for you! :)

M23

Spoiler

Mikeman27294

And thanks for the help. Without it I wouldn't have figured it out. I didn't now about the GUI Event GUI_EVENT_RESIZED.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Ascer
      By Ascer
      Hello,
      Do you have any idea to resize Vector graphic using some maths trick?
      It's example to create Vector image 10x10px and write A
      Local $a10x10 = [ _ 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1, _ 1,1,1,0,0,0,0,1,1,1, _ 1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1, _ 1,1,0,1,1,1,1,0,1,1, _ 1,1,0,1,1,1,1,0,1,1, _ 1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1, _ 1,1,0,1,1,1,1,0,1,1, _ 1,1,0,1,1,1,1,0,1,1, _ 1,0,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,1, _ 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 _ ] Local $oVector = ObjCreate("WIA.Vector.1") If Not IsObj($oVector) Then ConsoleWrite("+++ Error " & @error & " durning create a Vector.object." & @CRLF) Exit EndIf Local $iBlue = 0xFF0000FF ; ARGB color Local $iWhite = 0xFFFFFFFF ; adding pixels to vector For $i = 0 To UBound($a10x10) - 1 Local $iPixel = $a10x10[$i] Local $iColor = $iBlue If $iPixel = 0 Then $iColor = $iWhite $oVector.Add($iColor) Next ; create a img 10x10 px Local $oImg = $oVector.ImageFile(10, 10) ; path to file Local $sPath = @ScriptDir & "\Vector.bmp" ; delete previous file if exits. FileDelete($sPath) ; save img to script direction. $oImg.SaveFile($sPath) ; show result, you have to use 800% size to see effects. ShellExecute("Vector.bmp")  
    • Amixg
      By Amixg
      Hi! I have another problem with AutoIT.  You see, I'm still the one who's just starting out with this great programming language. I have a problem with AutoIT, it seems not to recognize the "StringReplace" function even when it is by default. The code was made half in KODA and half of my own. It is a software programmed for the Italian language (I am Italian) and translate the SMS language into Italian correct. Would you help me? Thanks in advance.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $hull = "hello" StringReplace($hull, "hello", "hellx") $Form1 = GUICreate("Linguaggio SMS A Italiano", 507, 498, 192, 124) $Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 24, 40, 465, 177) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "") $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Inserisci qui il testo che non riesci a capire:", 24, 8, 205, 17) $Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Ecco il testo tradotto(non toccare questo campo):", 27, 237, 237, 17) $Edit2 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 24, 264, 465, 137) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "") $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Traduci", 104, 424, 249, 49) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "qlc", "qualcuno") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "qls", "qualcosa") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "ke", "che") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "x", "per") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "pls", "per favore") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "tu6", "tu sei") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "zzz", "mi fai dormire") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "hagn", "Buonanotte") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "tvtb", "Ti voglio tanto bene") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "tat", "Ti amo tanto") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "lafs", "Amore a prima vista") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "fli?", "Flirtiamo?") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "msidt", "Mi sono innamorato di te") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "ba", "Bacio") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "midi", "Mi dispiace.") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "ntm", "Non ti merito") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "tdp", "Togliti dai piedi.") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "amò", "Amore") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "ap", "A presto!") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "cmq", "comunque") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "cvd", "Ci vediamo dopo") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "Tvb", "Ti voglio bene") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "nn", "non") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "risp", "rispondimi") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "cel", "cellulare") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "dom", "qualcosa") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "nm", "numero") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "fv", "favore") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "-male", "meno male") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "disc", "discoteca") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "se#", "settimana") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "+ o -", "più o meno") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "ts", "torno subito") StringReplace(GUICtrlGetData($Label1), "tvtbcoa", "Ti voglio tanto bene come amica") EndSwitch WEnd  
    • CYCho
      By CYCho

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

Local $oPlayer, $gVideo, $width, $height
      $oPlayer = ObjCreate("WMPlayer.OCX.7")
      $oPlayer.URL = 'http://www.clubbalcony.com/upload/culture/yong(2).wmv'
      Local $srcFound = True
      Local $time1 = TimerInit()
      While 1
          If $oPlayer.playState() = 3 Then
              $width = $oPlayer.currentMedia.imageSourceWidth
              $height = $oPlayer.currentMedia.imageSourceHeight
              ExitLoop
          EndIf
          If TimerDiff($time1) > 5000 Then
              $srcFound = False
              ExitLoop
          EndIf
          Sleep(50)
      WEnd
      If Not $srcFound Or $width = 0 Then
          $oPlayer.Close()
          Exit
      Else
          $gVideo = GUICreate("Video Control", $width, $height+63, -1, -1, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_SIZEBOX), $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
          GUICtrlCreateObj($oPlayer, 0, 0, $width, $height+63)
          $oPlayer.uiMode = "Full"
          $oPlayer.stretchToFit = True
          GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gVideo)
      EndIf

While 1
          $Msg = GUIGetMsg(1)
          Switch $Msg[0]
              Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                  ExitLoop
              Case $GUI_EVENT_RESIZED
                  ;This is where I want to resize the video image to fit the new window size
          EndSwitch
      WEnd
      $oPlayer.Close()

How should I code the $GUI_EVENT_RESIZED portion to resize the video to fit the resized window? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

• rkr
      By rkr
      Hi, I have a software which has a 'run file'-ie; when i double click on that file, the input file of the software is run by the software. I wish to double click/execute this run file using autoit. how do i achieve this. i opened the software and it shows the input file and run file in same folder, i will put my autoitscript file too in same location. how do i simulate double clicking the run file (using its file name, say - abc.run ). I entered the following lines to make software window active - it became active, dont know how to go forward
      Winactivate("program title")
      winwaitactivate("program title")
      controlclick("program title","abc.run",1000,"primary",2) ; 1000 is ctrl id
    • Karnalsyn
      By Karnalsyn
      As with a lot of programming, the less manual repetition done to achieve the same outcome...the better.
      I package programs for network deployment at the organization I work for. Sometimes these applications require verbose messaging to the user, and sometimes by special request we have to turn that off and deploy silently.
      The way I currently handle these 2 scenarios is this.
      I have a function that builds the splashwin display screen to variable size depending on message length, and displays the desired message to the end user.
      Then at each point throughout my script as I need to make the user aware of what is currently happening, I inject a splashwin function call with the unique message pertaining to that specific event. ie. "Installing Microsoft Office, please wait..."
      In effort to build a more universal script to handle any type of request submitted. I've incorporated a switch command of '/silent'
      If cmdlineraw detects the usage of that switch when the script is triggered it sets a variable flag, ie. $silent = "on"
      Then at every splashwin call I make, I'm prefixing it with an IF statement that checks for the flag, and then does NOT display the message if that flag is "on". Or does display it if its not. Has worked for me just fine. But while I grow my programming skills and look for more streamlined ways of handling areas I find myself creating repetition. I'm curious if I can relocate that flag check. Taking it out of every single splashwin call, and injecting it into the function itself.
      Example of how I currently display or hide the splashwin based on command line...
      If StringInStr($cmdlineraw, "/silent", 0) Then
          $SilentSwitch = "ON"
      EndIf
      If $SilentSwitch = "OFF" Then SplashWin($Uninstalling & $ProductInfo[1][0])
      Some scripts have dozens of those splashwin calls littered throughout, so Is this the best approach I can take already? Or as stated earlier, can I pull the IF statement away from the splashwin call. And left the function as a whole either activate or deactivate as a result of the command line check.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.