Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xeroTechnologiesLLC

[Resolved] Hotkeys to Press Menuitems

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Greetings programmers!

I was trying to find out if it was possible to use hotkeys with menuitems. My temporary work around is to copy what the menuitem does into a seperate function and just using the hotkey with that function. But I was just curious if there was a way to use a hotkey (other than the alt keys which I already have built in) to press menu items and run the associated task with that menu button.

So far I have tried using

hotkeyset("^{F1}"), $menuitem1)

...but this doesn't work.

Again, currently I have the hotkey call a function that does everything I need, so it's not a big issue - just a curiosity.

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

Edited by xeroTechnologiesLLC

xeroTechnologiesLLC,

Look at GUISetAccelerators in the Help file - should be just what you want. Come back if you run into difficulties. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.

I thought I had...

Either way - Melba you did it again.

The accelerators were perfect and in use.

Tested and abused.

[RESOLVED] (and notes taken) lol

;):);)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• leomoon
      By leomoon
      Hello,
      I'm trying to write a hotkey program and I know exactly how to do it but it will be hard coded and the user won't be able to edit it.
      HotKeySet("{ESC}", "HotKeyPressed") HotKeySet("^!d", "HotKeyPressed") HotKeySet("^+x", "HotKeyPressed") While 1 Sleep(500) WEnd Func HotKeyPressed() Switch @HotKeyPressed Case "{ESC}" Exit Case "^!d" ShellExecute("D:\Docs") Case "^+x" ShellExecute("D:\Docs\My Portables\Burner\AnyBurn\AnyBurn.exe") EndSwitch EndFunc I want the program to read a file that has hotkeys on odd lines and paths on even lines but I don't see how the program will load into itself.
      Is it even possible?
      Thanks.
    • kokoilie
      By kokoilie
      I'm making a program that has a combo control in a gui and back in win7 when the window was focused the scroll wheel could be used to scroll through it's contents, now i'm using win10 and i have to put the mouse on that control to scroll up and down.
      Since now the scroll wheel works depending on where the mouse is, is there a way to make it no matter where on the gui the pointer is?
      Also if the only way to do it is some complex hotkey functions will it work with pressing space to toggle a checkbox?
      If you need to see what i have so far let me know and i'll copy it here.
    • Catalyst78
      By Catalyst78
      I want to be able to press one of the many extra buttons on my mouse to execute an autoit script function. To do this I have bound weird key combinations to to each button that would otherwise never be pressed, like shift+alt+ctrl+/ (see linked image and the following code.)
      Unfortunately this has a few annoying side effects, such as interfering with whatever I'm doing or one of the modifier keys occasionally getting 'stuck' down.
      I have been compling each version of this script directly into my startup folder(win7) and have been using it for years. But surely there is a better way of doing this, thanks for help in advance.

http://prnt.sc/dquyar
      ;^ Ctrl ! Alt + Shift # Win HotKeySet("!{/}", "Back_Btn") ; spamclickoff HotKeySet("+!^{.}", "Forw_Btn") ; ___/Speakers/HeadPhones HotkeySet("+!^{,}", "Midd_Btn") ;MouseLock/InputStuff HotkeySet("+!^{\}", "Gs_Back_Btn") ;ScreenBrightness 100/60/20 HotkeySet("+!^{=}", "Gs_Forw_Btn") ;Vlc/CloseVlc Recent/Touhou HotkeySet("+!^{-}", "Gs_Midd_Btn") ;ScreenSwaper ToMain/ToSecond HotkeySet("+!^{]}", "Gs_M3") ;VlcTogglePlay HotkeySet("+!^{[}", "Gs_MW_Left") ;F11/!Enter