Sign in to follow this  
leomoon

Hotkey Program

leomoon

Hello,

I'm trying to write a hotkey program and I know exactly how to do it but it will be hard coded and the user won't be able to edit it.

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "HotKeyPressed")
HotKeySet("^!d", "HotKeyPressed")
HotKeySet("^+x", "HotKeyPressed")

While 1
    Sleep(500)
WEnd

Func HotKeyPressed()
    Switch @HotKeyPressed
        Case "{ESC}"
            Exit
        Case "^!d"
            ShellExecute("D:\Docs")
        Case "^+x"
            ShellExecute("D:\Docs\My Portables\Burner\AnyBurn\AnyBurn.exe")
    EndSwitch
EndFunc

I want the program to read a file that has hotkeys on odd lines and paths on even lines but I don't see how the program will load into itself.

Is it even possible?

Thanks.

gruntydatsun

yes, it is possible.   FileRead and use StringRegexp and the crlf to break the entries up.   Using the INI library might be less hassle for you though.

gruntydatsun

sorry leomoon, i missed the point there.

looks like you can't pass arguments to a function you call from HotKeySet so i guess you'd need to be able to dynamically create the functions based on what you read off the file.

does this thread help any?

leomoon

The first way is to loop and create functions but hotkeyset needs the function created already:

$ini = @ScriptDir&"\hotkeys.ini"
Global $aHotkeys = IniReadSection($ini, "Hotkeys")
Global $i

For $i = 1 To $aHotkeys[0][0]
    HotKeySet($aHotkeys[$i][0], $i)
Next

While 1
    Sleep(500)
WEnd

Func Eval($i)&"()"
        ShellExecute($aHotkeys[$i][1])
    EndFunc
Next

The second way is to make one function with cases which is better cuz the hotkeyset already has the function ready. I just don't know how to create the cases with the array:

$ini = @ScriptDir&"\hotkeys.ini"
Global $aHotkeys = IniReadSection($ini, "Hotkeys")
Global $i

HotKeySet($aHotkeys[$i][0], "HotKeyPressed")
Next

While 1
    Sleep(500)
WEnd

Func HotKeyPressed()
    Switch @HotKeyPressed
        ;Loop through array and create cases
        Case Else
            ;do nothing
    EndSwitch
EndFunc

gruntydatsun

check the return value on HotKeySet, i can't get it to work unless it's fed strings, not variables

gruntydatsun

Its a dead quiet day here so I've been mucking around with it

$aHotkeys = IniReadSection(@ScriptDir & "\test.ini", "Hotkeys")

HotKeySet($aHotkeys[$i][0],"HotKeyPressed")
Next

While 1
    Sleep(500)
WEnd

Func HotKeyPressed()
    for $x = 1 to UBound($aHotkeys)-1
        if @HotKeyPressed = $aHotkeys[$x][0] Then Execute($aHotkeys[$x][1])
    Next
EndFunc

and make a file called test.ini in the root of the program folder with contents:

[Hotkeys]
+!d=ShellExecute("D:\backup")
+!x=ShellExecute("D:\repo")

this works for me

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• kokoilie
      By kokoilie
      I'm making a program that has a combo control in a gui and back in win7 when the window was focused the scroll wheel could be used to scroll through it's contents, now i'm using win10 and i have to put the mouse on that control to scroll up and down.
      Since now the scroll wheel works depending on where the mouse is, is there a way to make it no matter where on the gui the pointer is?
      Also if the only way to do it is some complex hotkey functions will it work with pressing space to toggle a checkbox?
      If you need to see what i have so far let me know and i'll copy it here.
    • Phoenixx177
      By Phoenixx177
      I have a script that is calling 2 browser windows in my GUI and loading up the appropriate URLs.  Tested alone it works fine.  I also have another script that launches a 3rd party application in the GUI.  When I try to modify my 2nd script so that it includes the two browser windows along with the GUI, the GUI loads but not the browser windows.  Can someone get a second set of eyes on the script below and tell me where my brain jumped track please?  Many Thanks.
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <Constants.au3> #include <windowsconstants.au3> #include <IE.au3> Global $oIE_google = _IECreateEmbedded() Global $oIE_autoit = _IECreateEmbedded() Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Change to OnEvent mode $mainWindow = GUICreate("Embed Cmd", 1280, 780, 10, 10) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "CLOSEClicked") GUISetState (@SW_SHOW) GUIRegisterMsg(0xF, "WM_PAINT") ; create a borderless window that is a child to the main window $embedWindow = GUICREATE("", 700, 400, 15, 15, $WS_POPUP, -1, $mainWindow) Global $google = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE_google, 10, 10, 1000, 300) Global $autoit = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE_autoit, 800, 10, 500, 300) _IENavigate($oIE_google, "http://www.google.com") _IENavigate($oIE_autoit, "http://www.bing.com") DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "SetParent", "hwnd", $embedWindow, "hwnd", $mainWindow) ; launch the command prompt (black on white, without the operating system message) $pid = run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Router Manager\Router Administration.exe") ProcessWait ($pid) ; get the handle of the cmd window as i cannot be certain that there will be only one instance of the cmd running with the same window title or class $cmdHandle = _ProcessGetHWnd($pid, 2) $hWndChild = $cmdHandle[1][1] ; make the command prompt window a child to the earlier created borderless child window DllCall("user32.dll", "hwnd", "SetParent", "hwnd", $hWndChild, "hwnd", $embedWindow) ; resize the command prompt window so that its bolder and title bar are outside the borderless child window ; giving the appearance of a borderless command prompt WinMove($hWndChild, '', 10, 500, 485, 206) ;WinMove($hWndChild, '', 10, 500) WinSetState($hWndChild, '', @SW_SHOW) WinSetState($embedWindow, '', @SW_SHOW) WinSetState($oIE_google, '', @SW_SHOW) WinSetState($oIE_autoit, '', @SW_SHOW) ; inifinite event loop While 1 ; sleep for 100 milliseconds (to not hog the cpu) sleep(100) ; end of event loop WEnd Func CLOSEClicked() ; take care of things to do when exiting Winkill($hWndChild) Exit EndFunc Func WM_PAINT($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam) Sleep(100) DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "InvalidateRect", "hwnd", $hWnd, "ptr", 0, "int", 0) EndFunc ;==>WM_PAINT ;=============================================================================== ; ; Function Name: _ProcessGetHWnd ; Description: Returns the HWND(s) owned by the specified process (PID only !). ; ; Parameter(s): $iPid - the owner-PID. ; $iOption - Optional : return/search methods : ; 0 - returns the HWND for the first non-titleless window. ; 1 - returns the HWND for the first found window (default). ; 2 - returns all HWNDs for all matches. ; ; $sTitle - Optional : the title to match (see notes). ; $iTimeout - Optional : timeout in msec (see notes) ; ; Return Value(s): On Success - returns the HWND (see below for method 2). ; $array[0][0] - number of HWNDs ; $array[x][0] - title ; $array[x][1] - HWND ; ; On Failure - returns 0 and sets @error to 1. ; ; Note(s): When a title is specified it will then only return the HWND to the titles ; matching that specific string. If no title is specified it will return as ; described by the option used. ; ; When using a timeout it's possible to use WinWaitDelay (Opt) to specify how ; often it should wait before attempting another time to get the HWND. ; ; ; Author(s): Helge ; ;=============================================================================== Func _ProcessGetHWnd($iPid, $iOption = 1, $sTitle = "", $iTimeout = 2000) Local $aReturn[1][1] = [[0]], $aWin, $hTimer = TimerInit() While 1 ; Get list of windows $aWin = WinList($sTitle) ; Searches thru all windows For $i = 1 To $aWin[0][0] ; Found a window owned by the given PID If $iPid = WinGetProcess($aWin[$i][1]) Then ; Option 0 or 1 used If $iOption = 1 OR ($iOption = 0 And $aWin[$i][0] <> "") Then Return $aWin[$i][1] ; Option 2 is used ElseIf $iOption = 2 Then ReDim $aReturn[UBound($aReturn) + 1][2] $aReturn[0][0] += 1 $aReturn[$aReturn[0][0]][0] = $aWin[$i][0] $aReturn[$aReturn[0][0]][1] = $aWin[$i][1] EndIf EndIf Next ; If option 2 is used and there was matches then the list is returned If $iOption = 2 And $aReturn[0][0] > 0 Then Return $aReturn ; If timed out then give up If TimerDiff($hTimer) > $iTimeout Then ExitLoop ; Waits before new attempt Sleep(Opt("WinWaitDelay")) WEnd ; No matches SetError(1) Return 0 EndFunc ;==>_ProcessGetHWnd $StaticTxt = ControlGetText("Embed Cmd","",1007) MsgBox(1,"Static Text", $StaticTxt) GUISetState() While GUIGetMsg() <> -3 WEnd  
    • Catalyst78
      By Catalyst78
      I want to be able to press one of the many extra buttons on my mouse to execute an autoit script function. To do this I have bound weird key combinations to to each button that would otherwise never be pressed, like shift+alt+ctrl+/ (see linked image and the following code.)
      Unfortunately this has a few annoying side effects, such as interfering with whatever I'm doing or one of the modifier keys occasionally getting 'stuck' down.
      I have been compling each version of this script directly into my startup folder(win7) and have been using it for years. But surely there is a better way of doing this, thanks for help in advance.

http://prnt.sc/dquyar
      ;^ Ctrl ! Alt + Shift # Win HotKeySet("!{/}", "Back_Btn") ; spamclickoff HotKeySet("+!^{.}", "Forw_Btn") ; ___/Speakers/HeadPhones HotkeySet("+!^{,}", "Midd_Btn") ;MouseLock/InputStuff HotkeySet("+!^{\}", "Gs_Back_Btn") ;ScreenBrightness 100/60/20 HotkeySet("+!^{=}", "Gs_Forw_Btn") ;Vlc/CloseVlc Recent/Touhou HotkeySet("+!^{-}", "Gs_Midd_Btn") ;ScreenSwaper ToMain/ToSecond HotkeySet("+!^{]}", "Gs_M3") ;VlcTogglePlay HotkeySet("+!^{[}", "Gs_MW_Left") ;F11/!Enter  
    • tommytx
      By tommytx
      I have been experiment for months trying to find a way to be able to like script the find button to find some text and click on that text or something nearby.
      Is this possible?  When the search hilites the text of course this is not where the cursor is so you cannot command a click at that point.   I can get the coordinates of any point and go there and click... but I cannot find the coordinates of a piece of text i have searched up and click that..
      Thanks

• Satoh
      By Satoh
      Hi.
      I am writing a program that I want to use it to earn some money, so I have an idea that insert the license checking into it. But I haven't had a code yet.
      This is my idea:
      -Put my licenses onto my host with their limit days.
      -Every day the customers run the program with the license and the program will show costumers how many days left...
      Can you give me an example for that program? Thanks a lot if you can help me!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.