johnmcloud

[SOLVED] FileDelete in array - Problems

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi guys, i have this simple script:

#Include <File.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>
#include <RecFileListToArray.au3> ; External UDF

$FileList=_RecFileListToArray(@Workingdir & "\Test", "*", 2, 1, 0, 2, "", "") ; Only Folder, all subfolder, full path
If @Error=1 Then
    MsgBox (0,"","No Files\Folders Found.")
    Exit
EndIf
For $i = 1 to $FileList[0]
    If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($FileList[$i]),"D") Then
       If DirGetSize($FileList[$i]) = 0 Then
            If DirRemove($FileList[$i]) Then
                ConsoleWrite("Dir removed: " & $FileList[$i] & @crlf)
             Else
                ConsoleWrite("Could not remove (empty?) dir: " & $FileList[$i] & @crlf)
            Endif
        Else
            ConsoleWrite("Not removed (contains files): " & $FileList[$i] & @crlf)
        Endif
    EndIf
Next
MsgBox(0,"Results", "Empty Removed")

I have this problem. If i have a situation like this:

EmptyDirMaster\EmptyDir\EmptyDir

The array remove only the subfoder and don't the EmptyDirMaster. On ConsoleWrite i have:

Could not remove (empty?) dir: Path\EmptyDirMaster

If i start again it will delete the folder, but why don't process the first time?

Thanks for support

Edited by johnmcloud

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello johnmcloud,

while you're looping your array the first subfolder get's deleted. The first one not because it's in the array before the subfolder:

[0] = 3
[1] = C:temp
[2] = C:tempDir1

So basically C:temp is not empty but 0 in size before C:tempDir1 get's deleted.

Edit:

By the way, why do you check whether your Path is a Directory ( StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($FileList[$i]),"D") ) id you're a) using _RecFileListToArray() with the "Folder only" function and :) DirRemove() ?

Edited by hannes08

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

Hi Hannes,

StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($FileList[$i]),"D") --> the force of habit :)

How i can stop the loop? I don't know how many folder/subfolder it will be process

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

#Include <File.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>

$FileList = _RecFileListToArray(@Workingdir & "Test", "*", 2, 1, 0, 2, "", "") ; Only Folder, all subfolder, full path
If @Error = 1 Then
MsgBox(0, "", "No FilesFolders Found.")
Exit
EndIf

While 1
For $i = 1 to $FileList[0]
     ConsoleWrite("Dir removed: " & $FileList[$i] & @crlf)
    Else
     ConsoleWrite("Could not remove (empty?) dir: " & $FileList[$i] & @crlf)
    Endif
   Else
    ConsoleWrite("Not removed (contains files): " & $FileList[$i] & @crlf)
   Endif
Next
WEnd

MsgBox(0, "Results", "Empty Removed")

Work but...Where i need to put the exitloop? I can't stop it :)

Edited by johnmcloud

johnmcloud,

Try using a flag like this (I have not tested it): ;)

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$FileList = _RecFileListToArray(@WorkingDir & "Test", "*", 2, 1, 0, 2, "", "") ; Only Folder, all subfolder, full path
If @error = 1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "", "No FilesFolders Found.")
    Exit
EndIf

Do
    ; Set a flag
    $fNoProbs = True
    For $i = 1 To $FileList[0]
                ConsoleWrite("Dir removed: " & $FileList[$i] & @CRLF)
            Else
                ConsoleWrite("Could not remove (empty?) dir: " & $FileList[$i] & @CRLF)
                ; Clear the flag
                $fNoProbs = False
            EndIf
        Else
            ConsoleWrite("Not removed (contains files): " & $FileList[$i] & @CRLF)
        EndIf
    Next
    ; If the flag is set then there were no problems
Until $fNoProbs

MsgBox(0, "Results", "Empty Removed")

Does it work for you? :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Yes Melba, sorry for this later answer.

I need to learn this use of flag :)

Thanks

EDIT: I'm talk to early, not work. In my case i have:

Func_Files() ;Delete files
Func_Empty() ;Delete empty folder
MsgBox(64, "OK", "Completed")

The code with flag work on empty folder that was empty at start, but not with "new" empty folder

Example:

TopFolder/Folder_1/test.Txt

TopFolder/Folder_2( empty)

First function delete the .txt, the second it will delete empty folder, but...

TopFolder/Folder_1/test.Txt ---> Test.txt deleted, the folder is empty but not delated

TopFolder/Folder_2( empty) ---> Deleted

So i have the Folder_1 and the TopFolder, together empty but not deleted

I have make a sleep between the two function but the result is the same

EDIT: I have verify again, it will not delete the first folder, never. Example:

C:Test123asd

The result is

C:Test

Why the "Test" folder is not processed?

EDIT: Solved with another DirGetSize on the first folder. Thanks for support

Edited by johnmcloud

johnmcloud,

Do you understand now how the flag works? :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Milas
      By Milas
      Hello,
           I am working on a GUI that will perform some reg query and wmic cmds for some of our tier 1 techs. everything so far works well except for my function to get mapped printers from a remote computer. I have the function outputting the list of printers to a text file in the temp folder. at the end of the function its suppose to delete the file and that is where my issue lies. The gui wont delete the file until the GUI itself closes. this is causing an issue where if I want to run the function again the gui shuts down on me.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <inet.au3> #include <Constants.au3> #RequireAdmin #cs Program: Phone Tech utilitly tool Purpose: Assist phone techs and others with different wmic and reg query cmds to gain information from remote computers Creator: Salim C. Proctor Co-creator/Editor: John Ennis Date Created: 2 Feb 2016 Last Edited: 16 Feb 2016 Verion 1.0 #ce #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 627, 459, 192, 114) $Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(0, 0, 625, 457) $TabSheet1 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Main") $User = GUICtrlCreateButton("Who's Logged On", 8, 40, 147, 41) $Host = GUICtrlCreateButton("Get Hostname", 8, 96, 147, 41) $Acc = GUICtrlCreateButton("User Account Info", 440, 40, 139, 41) $MAC = GUICtrlCreateButton("Get MAC Address", 8, 152, 147, 41) $nPrinter = GUICtrlCreateButton("Mapped Printers", 8, 208, 147, 41) $sUser = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 168, 48, 249, 21) $sHost = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 168, 104, 249, 21) $IP = GUICtrlCreateInput("Enter IP/Hostname", 8, 424, 161, 21) $plist = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 168, 208, 249, 162) $sMAC = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 168, 160, 249, 21) $Ping = GUICtrlCreateButton("Ping", 208, 408, 163, 41) $mDrive = GUICtrlCreateButton("Remote C$", 440, 408, 147, 41) $TabSheet2 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Program Version") $search = GUICtrlCreateButton("Search", 8, 32, 147, 41) $program = GUICtrlCreateInput("Enter Program Name", 176, 40, 321, 21) $prog_list = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 96, 609, 318) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $User remote_user() Case $Host remote_host() Case $MAC remote_Mac() Case $search remote_program() Case $Ping ping_customer() Case $mDrive map_drive() Case $nPrinter get_printers() Case $Acc Account() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Func remote_user() $pid = Run(@ComSpec & " /c wmic /node:" & GUICtrlRead($IP) & " computersystem get username", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) Local $line While 1 $line &= StdoutRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd While 1 $line &= StderrRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd $split = StringSplit($line, @CRLF) GUICtrlSetData($sUser, $split[4]) EndFunc ;==>remote_user Func remote_host() $pid = Run(@ComSpec & " /c wmic /node:" & GUICtrlRead($IP) & " computersystem get name", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) Local $line While 1 $line &= StdoutRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd While 1 $line &= StderrRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd $split = StringSplit($line, @CRLF) GUICtrlSetData($sHost, $split[4]) EndFunc ;==>remote_host Func remote_Mac() $pid = Run(@ComSpec & " /c getmac /nh /s " & GUICtrlRead($IP), @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) Local $line While 1 $line &= StdoutRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd While 1 $line &= StderrRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd $split = StringSplit($line, @CRLF) $2ndSplit = StringSplit($split[3], "\") GUICtrlSetData($sMAC, $2ndSplit[1]) EndFunc ;==>remote_Mac Func remote_program() Local $fProgram, $nkey, $1position[33], $2position[33] Local $pid, $line1[33], $line, $array_size GUICtrlSetData($prog_list, "") GUICtrlSetState($search, $gui_disable) $fProgram = GUICtrlRead($program) $pid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c reg query \\' & GUICtrlRead($IP) & '\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall /s /f ' & $fProgram & ' /d| findstr "{"', @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) While 1 $line &= StdoutRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd While 1 $line &= StderrRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd $nkey = StringSplit($line, @CRLF & @CRLF) $array_size = UBound($nkey) ReDim $1position[$array_size] ReDim $line1[$array_size] For $i = 1 To $array_size - 1 $1position[$i] = StringLen($nkey[$i]) If $1position[$i] < 132 Then $pid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c reg query \\' & GUICtrlRead($IP) & '\' & $nkey[$i] & '| findstr /i "displayname displayversion"', @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) While 1 $line1[$i] &= StdoutRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd GUICtrlSetData($prog_list, $line1[$i] & @CRLF & "~", "~") EndIf $i = $i + 1 Next GUICtrlSetState($search, $gui_enable) EndFunc ;==>remote_program Func ping_customer() Local $error If GUICtrlRead($IP) <> "" Then $pError = RunWait("ping.exe -n 1 " & GUICtrlRead($IP), "", @SW_HIDE) Switch $pError Case 0 MsgBox(0, "Successfull", "Operation was a success!") Case 1 MsgBox(48, "ERROR CODE: 001", "Host/IP is not reachable") EndSwitch Else MsgBox(48, "ERROR CODE: 005", "No input detected") EndIf EndFunc ;==>ping_customer Func map_drive() ShellExecute("C:\Users\Salim.Proctor\Desktop\GUI\john project\c$ remote.exe") EndFunc ;==>map_drive Func get_printers() Local $pid, $sid, $sid2, $hfileopen, $sfileread, $line, $exit, $ip45, $user45 ;disables map printer button in gui GUICtrlSetState($nPrinter, $gui_disable) ;clears any previous data in the printer edit box GUICtrlSetData($plist, " ") ;reads ip address user entered $ip45 = GUICtrlRead($IP) ;reads the user name from the sUser input box $x = GUICtrlRead($sUser) ;splits the data to remove domainname\ $y = StringSplit($x, "\") ;removes a space value from the data $user45 = StringSplit($y[2], " ") ;queries the remote users registry to find thier sid $pid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c reg query "\\' & $ip45 & '\hklm\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\profilelist" /s /f "' & $user45[1] & '"', @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) ;reads the standard ouput from the reg query While 1 $line &= StdoutRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd While 1 $line &= StderrRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd ;string splits to remove all unneeded data and get only the sid $sid = StringSplit($line, "\") $sid2 = StringSplit($sid[7], @CRLF) ;queries the remote users registry using the newly obtained sid and writes it out to a text file $pid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c reg query \\' & $ip45 & '\hkey_users\' & $sid2[1] & '\Printers\Connections > c:\temp\printer_list.txt', @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) ;pause program to give it time to create the file Sleep(1000) ;opens the file so that it can be read If FileExists("c:\temp\printer_list.txt") Then FileWriteLine("c:\temp\printer_list.txt", "1\2\3\4\end of list") $hfileopen = FileOpen("c:\temp\printer_list.txt") EndIf $exit = " " $i = 2 ;output the data into the gui until it reaches the end of the list Do $exit = FileReadLine("c:\temp\printer_list.txt", $i) $printer_string = StringSplit($exit, "\") GUICtrlSetData($plist, $printer_string[5] & @CRLF & "~", "~") $i = $i + 1 Until $exit = "1\2\3\4\end of list" ;reeneables the gui map printer button GUICtrlSetState($nPrinter, $gui_enable) ;delete the text file that is created by the command line If FileExists("c:\temp\printer_list.txt") Then FileClose("c:\temp\printer_list.txt") FileDelete("c:\temp\printer_list.txt") EndIf EndFunc ;==>get_printers Func Account() Local $line $split = StringSplit(GUICtrlRead($sUser), "\") $pid = Run(@ComSpec & " /c net user " & $split[2] & " /domain", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) While 1 $line &= StdoutRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd While 1 $line &= StderrRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop WEnd MsgBox(0, "STDOUT read:", $line) EndFunc ;==>Account just to reiterate the function im having issue with is func get_printers
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello, This is my (test) code:
      FileOpen(@ScriptDir & '\' & "Test.txt", 1) $iDeleteResult = FileDelete(@ScriptDir & '\' & "Text.txt") $sDeleteResult = "Pass" If $iDeleteResult = 0 Then $sDeleteResult = "Fail" ConsoleWrite("Result: " & $sDeleteResult & @CRLF) FileOpen does its job (i.e creating a file) but FileDelete fails deleting a simple text file?

Thanks in Advance, TD