Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faldo

Variable limits

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Heya,

I'm trying to figure out how to work around a problem with the limitations of variables and would like some help.

I've extracted a number from a database with an SQL-UDF as follows:

$iRval = _SQL_GetTable2D(-1, "SELECT table FROM database ORDER BY id", $var, $iRows, $iColumns)

This results is an array of variables and the one i need is a value with 26 numbers.

When i call on this value, the value seems to big for a variable and the result is flawed.

As demonstration, the same problem occurs in the following example:

$var= 11111111111111111111111111
MsgBox(0, "", $var)

The message box doesn't display 11111111111111111111111111 unless i make a string out of it.

Thankfull for any suggerstions.

Cheers

Edited by faldo

faldo,

Do you want to display the big number or actually do some operations on it? :)

If the former then you already have the solution - if the latter then the BigNum UDF might be the solution. I have no experience of using it myself - please let me know if you find it useful. ;)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Is the 26 digit number actually a number or is it a string made up of numbers? Because if it's a string made up of numbers, you should be referencing it as a string. If it's an actual number you should use scientific notation to reference it.

Sounds like a 26 digit number is too large to display using even 64 bits.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanx for the quick responses.

The following code displays my use of the variable ($var):

$iRval = _SQL_GetTable2D(-1, "SELECT table1 FROM database ORDER BY id", $var, $iRows, $iColumns)
$hData = _SQL_Execute(-1, "SELECT table2 FROM database where id=" & $var[1][0])
_SQL_FetchData($hData, $aRow)

$var[1][0] contains a 26 digit value and everything seems OK after the first line but when i use this variable as reference to get data from another field i get the same behavior as i get when trying to display a 26 digit value in a messagebox like the example i showed above.

If i could somehow convert the value in $var[1][0] to a string my problem would be solved.

@BrewManNH: the 26 digit number is a value from a field in the database, with value i mean 1234 as compared to the string "1234".

@Melba23: i want to use the variable in another operation but it seems it gets distorted due to the maximum value-limit in a variable.

Edit: Btw, if the data in the DB-field contains a value of 10 digits, i don't get any problems, that's why i narrowed it down to the limitations of the variable itself.

Edited by faldo

$var[1][0] = String($var[1][0])

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

$var[1][0] = String($var[1][0])

That didn't seem to work...

To see what i mean, compare these two scripts:

$var = 11111111111111111111111111
MsgBox(0, "", $var )

$var = 1111111111111111111
MsgBox(0, "", $var )

It seems a variable can't contain a value higher than 9223372036854775807

Even if i do a $var[1][0] = String($var[1][0]) the result is a value in the variable, i need it to be a string.

Edited by faldo

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

I solved the issue with a workaround, i instructed the SQL-querry to convert the value to a string:

_SQL_GetTable2D(-1, "SELECT CAST(col1 AS char) FROM table ORDER BY id", $var, $iRows, $iColumns)

Cheers!

Edited by faldo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• sc4ry
      By sc4ry
      Dear all,
      I already have a formula which will select doublicates, but sometimes there might be entries with additional information starting after "-", which I now want to trim away.
      Current formula is:
      Select DISTINCT a.title, a.oid, a.size, a.disk from DB a, DB b where (a.title like b.title and a.oid <> b.oid)" & $ActiveDisks_Filter & " AND (a.comment <> 'Delete' AND b.comment <> 'Delete') Order by a.title ASC, a.size DESC; testwise I want to add a simple solution like left, but afterwards I get an error but I do not know why.
      Select DISTINCT a.title, a.oid, a.size, a.disk from DB a, DB b where (left(a.title,15) like b.title and a.oid <> b.oid) Order by a.title ASC, a.size DESC; Error: near "(": syntax error: Finally I would like to insert intstr to search for "-" but currently I am not able to extend my current code =/
      Thanks a lot for your help.
      EDIT: hey, I managed it, left was not working also it was somehow shown that the tool knowed the comment. I did it now with substr+instr
      (substr(a.title, 1, instr(a.title, ' - '))  
    • TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      Is this possible:
      Executing a function from an include, but taking the function name from a gui input and then executing that function using the include:
      #include <Something.au3> ;input reads "Tree" $functionName = GuiCtrlRead($input1) $functionName(1) And the include is gonna have
      Func Tree($x) If $x = 1 Then $this = "text" MsgBox(0,$this,"whatever") EndFunc is it possible?
    • AndyS19
      By AndyS19
      I have code that does a WMI SQL query to find all defined printers, and I want to parse the returned object in several places.  However, after parsing it the first time, all other times fail to find any printer objects.
      Here is my test code:
      test() Func test() Local $oPrinters, $oPrinter, $err, $cnt, $oP, $query $query = "SELECT * FROM Win32_Printer" $oPrinters = doQuery($query) $err = @error LogMsg("+++: $err = " & $err & ", isObj($oPrinters) = " & IsObj($oPrinters)) If ($err == 0) Then LogMsg("FIRST LOOP") ; <=== FIRST LOOP $cnt = 0 $oP = $oPrinters LogMsg("+++: isObj($oP) = " & IsObj($oP)) For $oPrinter In $oP $cnt += 1 LogMsg("+++: isObj($oPrinter): " & IsObj($oPrinter) & ", $oPrinter.Name ==>" & $oPrinter.Name & "<==") Next LogMsg("+++: Found " & $cnt & " printers") LogMsg("SECOND LOOP") ; <== SECOND LOOP $cnt = 0 $oP = $oPrinters LogMsg("+++: isObj($oP) = " & IsObj($oP)) For $oPrinter In $oP $cnt += 1 LogMsg("+++: isObj($oPrinter): " & IsObj($oPrinter) & ", $oPrinter.Name ==>" & $oPrinter.Name & "<==") Next LogMsg("+++: Found " & $cnt & " printers") EndIf EndFunc ;==>test Func doQuery($sQuery, $lnum = @ScriptLineNumber) #forceref $lnum LogMsg("+++:" & $lnum & ": doQuery(" & '"' & $sQuery & '"' & ") entered") Local $oWMIService, $oResults, $errstr Local $wbemFlags = BitOR(0x20, 0x10) ; $wbemFlagReturnImmediately and wbemFlagForwardOnly $oWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & "localhost" & "\root\CIMV2") If (IsObj($oWMIService)) Then $oResults = $oWMIService.ExecQuery($sQuery, "WQL", $wbemFlags) If (IsObj($oResults)) Then LogMsg("+++: doQuery() returns @error = 0, Good: returning the object") Return (SetError(0, 0, $oResults)) ;;; Good: return the object Else $errstr = "" _ & "WMI Query failed." & @CRLF _ & "This is the query:" & @CRLF _ & " " & $sQuery LogMsg("+++: ====>" & $errstr & "<===") LogMsg("+++: doQuery() returns @error = 1") Return (SetError(1, 0, $errstr)) ; Error: Query faled EndIf Else $errstr = "" _ & "WMI Output" & @CRLF _ & "No WMI Objects Found for class: " & @CRLF _ & "Win32_PrinterDriver" & @CRLF _ & "using this query:" & @CRLF _ & " " & $sQuery LogMsg("+++: ====>" & $errstr & "<===") MsgBox(0, "ERROR", $errstr) ; Error: Cannot get $oWMIService object Exit (1) EndIf EndFunc ;==>doQuery Func LogMsg($msg, $lnum = @ScriptLineNumber) ConsoleWrite("+++:" & $lnum & ": " & $msg & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>LogMsg Parsing the returned $oPrinters object shows 5 printers:
      +++:15: FIRST LOOP +++:18: +++: isObj($oP) = 1 +++:22: +++: isObj($oPrinter): 1, $oPrinter.Name ==>Microsoft XPS Document Writer<== +++:22: +++: isObj($oPrinter): 1, $oPrinter.Name ==>Microsoft Office Document Image Writer<== +++:22: +++: isObj($oPrinter): 1, $oPrinter.Name ==>Fax<== +++:22: +++: isObj($oPrinter): 1, $oPrinter.Name ==>Canon MG7100 series Printer WS<== +++:22: +++: isObj($oPrinter): 1, $oPrinter.Name ==>Canon MG6100 series Printer WS<== +++:24: +++: Found 5 printers Parsing it again, shows no printers:
      +++:26: SECOND LOOP +++:29: +++: isObj($oP) = 1 +++:35: +++: Found 0 printers  
    • GhostLine
      By GhostLine
      Hello guys !
      I'm stuck in something stupid (I guess), but since I've no clue on how to solve it, here I come
      I'm trying to collect the result of the query "select @@hostname" on MSSQL Server, but it doesn't work ... and I'm sure I'm connected to the database (I've successfully seen the database treeview). 

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include<_sql.au3> #include<array.au3> Local $aData,$iRows,$iColumns ;Server ID and credentials for tCards Global $ServerAddressT = "10.200.88.1" Global $ServerUserNameT = "user" Global $ServerPasswordT = "password" Global $DatabaseNameT = "DataBASE" ;Connect to DB _SQL_RegisterErrorHandler();register the error handler to prevent hard crash on COM error $OADODB = _SQL_Startup() If $OADODB = $SQL_ERROR Then MsgBox(0 + 16 + 262144, "Error", _SQL_GetErrMsg()) If _sql_Connect(-1, $ServerAddressT, $DatabaseNameT, $ServerUserNameT, $ServerPasswordT) = $SQL_ERROR Then     MsgBox(0 + 16 + 262144, "Error 1", _SQL_GetErrMsg())     _SQL_Close()     Exit Else     If _SQL_Execute(-1,"select @@SERVERNAME") = $SQL_ERROR then         Msgbox(0 + 16 +262144,"Error",_SQL_GetErrMsg())     Else         _ArrayDisplay(_SQL_GetTable(-1,"select @@SERVERNAME",$aData,$iRows,$iColumns)) ;~         $toto = _SQL_Execute(-1,"select @@SERVERNAME") ;~         _ArrayDisplay($toto)     EndIf EndIf
    • Gorby7
      By Gorby7
      I have an Autoit-based client GUI that uses a single MS SQL Server database. I have no problem connecting to and executing queries against this database from my AutoIT code, with the below exception:
      One of the database's stored procedures I need to execute requires a parameter that is a table. I've set up the appropriate table_type on the database and everything works fine on the database itself when I execute the stored proc with a table variable for the parameter (no AutoIT involved). The problem is that I can't figure out how to pass a table parameter from AutoIT, assuming it's even possible. The code below shows the two methods I've tried, both methods return a RecordSet object that is at EOF.
      #include <Array.au3> Opt("MustDeclareVars", 0) $sDBSrv = "ITSQL01.domain.com" $sDBName = "INVDEV" $sADOName = "ADODB.Connection" $oSQLConn = ObjCreate($sADOName) $sConnStr = "Driver={SQL Server};Server=" & $sDBSrv & ";Database=" & $sDBName & ";Trusted_Connection=yes;" $oSQLConn.Open ($sConnStr) $rsoFacFriendly = $oSQLConn.Execute("SELECT TOP 5 FriendlyName FROM Facility") If Not $rsoFacFriendly.EOF Then $aFacFriendly = $rsoFacFriendly.GetRows() _ArrayDisplay($aFacFriendly) $rsoSPResults = $oSQLConn.Execute("EXEC spTableParameterPassTest " & $aFacFriendly) Select Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = False MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "not end of file") $aSPResults = $rsoSPResults.GetRows() _ArrayDisplay($aSPResults) Case IsObj($rsoSPResults) = 0 MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "rso isn't even an object") Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = True MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "At end of file") Case Else MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "Something else happened") EndSelect $rsoSPResults = 0 $rsoSPResults = $oSQLConn.Execute("EXEC spTableParameterPassTest " & $rsoFacFriendly) Select Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = False MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "not end of file") $aSPResults = $rsoSPResults.GetRows() _ArrayDisplay($aSPResults) Case IsObj($rsoSPResults) = 0 MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "rso isn't even an object") Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = True MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "At end of file") Case Else MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "Something else happened") EndSelect $rsoSPResults = 0 $rsoFacFriendly = 0 $oSQLConn.Close $oSQLConn = 0 Exit