Arduino GUI Programmer

nikosliapis

• 2 weeks later...

An Arduino "pseudo" simulator is available on the first post.

With this simulator a user can test a project previously created from the "Arduino GUI Programmer"

Just execute the simulator and open a ".nag" file

Looking forward for your recommendations

Coding can be fun when you do it your own.

A new version of Arduino Programmer is available on the first post.

Improvements of this version are:

1) When user named a pin using the words "Virtual_Coil" or "Counter" then regardless of the user's choise

the pin would be considered as Digital Input.

The fix for this bug is to prevent the user from entering a pin name containing these words. ;)

2) The generated Arduino code is a lot different (better) when counters are involved

3) The most importand new feature is the "auto create opposite Rule"

Because i'm used to design automations using switches, relays and contacts, If for example i want to control

a light using a switch, i would write: When switch ON then light ON.

and expect the light OFF when switch get OFF. But the way Arduino and my program work is a lot different.

So following the same example you would have to write: When Switch ON then light ON

and When Switch OFF then light OFF. Well while testing Simulator and Programmer, i many times forgot to

create the second rule, which was very disturbing.

i would like to hear, what you think of this new feature...

A new version with new features is available on the first post.

The most important change on this version is the "Compare" feature, which allows the user to compare two analog pins and set an output regarding the result.

For example : turn on Pin_0 when Pin_14 is greater than Pin_15. User can also compare inputs with outputs as long they are both declared as Analog.

Note that because of this new feature old versions of the "Arduino Simulator", (V0.06 and below) will not be able to open projects created with the "Arduino Programmer V0.30 and above)

Of course a new version of the Simulator, which can handle the "Compare" feature is also available on the first post

Also the generated Arduino code is much more "Delicated", conserning the expression feature on an analog output, and on analog pins in general

As always i'm looking forward to hear your comments and recomentations

Edited by nikosliapis

• 1 month later...

Hi

This is a great peice of software I have used it to creat a control system for my central heating system at home. One thing I would like though if possible would be the possibillity of adding time controls. I.e.

Turn boiler on if c is <60 between 18:00 - 19:00.

I don't have much experiance in programing Arduino but I am ok with logic and controls,so I don't know if this is something you would be able to implement easily?

Great software

Thanks

Richard

Well here i am again with a new version of Arduino Programmer holding some wonderful new features.

Under the "tools" menu there are 3 alternative ways to create rules.

They are all based on Boole's Algebra and give to the user the ability to create rules using more than 2 inputs at a time. Of course only digital pins can be used with these tools

The simplest of the tools is: "Boolean truth table (2 inputs)"

With this tool the user creates a "relationship" between an output and 2 inputs using a

"Boole's truth table" like window. The user toggles the state of inputs and outputs ("0" or "1") and

determines the behavior of the output.

Another tool is: Boolean truth table (custom inputs)"

This tool is basically a generalized version of the previous tool which allows the user to create

a "relationship" between inputs and output using as far as 9 inputs at a time.

The last tool and the one that i am very proud of, is the "Boolean Calculator" which is a calculator like

GUI window, by which the user can create a "relationship" between inputs and output using

Boole's logical actions (AND OR and NOT). The user creates a Boole's expression and the

program automatically generates all the necessary Rules.

Also there are many bug fixes on this version.

I understand that in order for a user to use these tools, one must know something about Boole's Algebra. A fact which doesn't fit to the concept of this programmer, but i thing that the tools are very easy and simple for someone to understand.

Well as always the last version is available on the first post and i'm looking forward for your feedback.

RichieC

Arduino doesn't has a build in true time clock. The only way to use true time functions is by using an external chip which can be wired to the Arduino pins. I don't know much about these true timers but i think that each one requires different coding, so a feature like that may not be possible to implement to my programmer. Nevertheless i will do some research on true timers and Arduino.

Edited by nikosliapis