Sign in to follow this  
Rad

Get the HTML response from cURL / StdOutRead with a DLL (libcurl)

Rad

I'm using to upload a file to a server. After the upload the server returns a URL to that file. My program needs to give that URL to the user.

libcURL is working fine and the upload is successful, and the HTML response needed is output to scite's console. I need the information put into the console to be stored in a variable, though, and I can't figure it out.

I think I need to use stdout or stdread to do this. I have used these before when using a run() command but this library is using a dll (and is much cleaner than my previous version which used run commands).

How do I record the output buffer of a DLL? (or whatever stdout is called).

This attachment is what I'm testing it with, just open "playground.au3" and run it. It should spit a bunch of information to the console. The top listing of variables is all from curl_getdata(), the part with brackets and arrows is from my web server. I need the second part to be put into a variable.

PS: The cURL process ID is stored as $__hcurl_process

seangriffin's manages to accomplish this, it looks like the key is to use "DllCallbackRegister". I'm trying to plug this in to smartee's UDF but the two UDF's look like completely different languages. I don't think I will be able to figure this out on my own, but I'm going to keep trying.

EDIT: You need to move the DLL's to the same folder as playground.au3, and edit "libcURL.au3" and change the #include to quotes instead of brackets. I packed it wrong.

Edited by Rad

smartee

Um, i don't see any attachment ;)

Here's a little demo showing how to save to a variable

#include <libcURL.au3>

Global $bMyData = Binary("")
_urlget("http://www.example.com")

ConsoleWrite(BinaryToString($bMyData))

Func _urlget($sURL)

Local $curl_handle = _curl_easy_init()

If ($curl_handle) Then

Local $tCURLSTRUCT_URL = DllStructCreate("char[" & StringLen($sURL) + 1 & "]")
        DllStructSetData($tCURLSTRUCT_URL, 1, $sURL)
        _curl_easy_setopt($curl_handle, $CURLOPT_URL, DllStructGetPtr($tCURLSTRUCT_URL))

_curl_easy_setopt($curl_handle, $CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 0)

_curl_easy_setopt($curl_handle, $CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1)

_curl_easy_setopt($curl_handle, $CURLOPT_NOPROGRESS, 1)

Local $handle = DllCallbackRegister("_my_vwrite", "uint:cdecl", "ptr;uint;uint;ptr")
        _curl_easy_setopt($curl_handle, $CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, DllCallbackGetPtr($handle))

_curl_easy_perform($curl_handle)

DllCallbackFree($handle)
        _curl_easy_cleanup($curl_handle)
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_urlget

Func _my_vwrite($buffer, $size, $nmemb, $stream)
    Local $vData = DllStructCreate("byte[" & $size * $nmemb & "]", $buffer)
    $bMyData &= DllStructGetData($vData, 1)
    Return $size * $nmemb
EndFunc   ;==>_my_vwrite

Also you may want to take a look at the example for _curl_easy_setopt in the help-file, it shows how to save the output directly to a file.

Hope this helps :)

Rad

Weird, the upload must not have gone through.

It doesn't matter though, that example you posted does exactly what I needed.

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• ur
      By ur
      Is there any UDF to remove all anchor tags <a> with a particular class (and also its sub elements completely) in a html document.
      Here the classes are browse and breadcrumbs
      Like in the below image.

I am not able to find that option in IE.au3

Please suggest.
    • milkmoron
      By milkmoron
      I am trying to automate something in a web browser but i need some help with finding the html code to a web applet. How do I access the code.
    • marcoauto
      By marcoauto
      Ciao
      I would like to control an ATEM Video Mixer from autoit. I downloaded his SDK which is written in c ++ and I found the sequences to interface, but I was not able to convert the script to self.
      The instructions say to follow this sequence:
      and to connectTo with C++ is:
      string address = "192.168.1.240"; _BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure failureReason = 0; IBMDSwitcher switcher = null; var discovery = new CBMDSwitcherDiscovery(); discovery.ConnectTo(address, out switcher, out failureReason); From Blackmagic SDK:
      IBMDSwitcherDiscovery::ConnectTo method
      The ConnectTo method connects to the specified switcher and returns an IBMDSwitcher object interface for the switcher.
      Syntax HRESULT ConnectTo (string deviceAddress, IBMDSwitcher** switcherDevice, BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure* failReason); Parameters: deviceAddress in Network hostname or IP address of switcher to connect to. switcherDevice out IBMDSwitcher object interface for the connected switcher. failReason out Reason for connection failure as a BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure value. So, I have I tried these solutions but with non success:
      $DllName =@ScriptDir&"\BMDSwitcherAPI.dll" $result = DllCall($DllName, "none", "IBMDSwitcherDiscovery::ConnectTo" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("DLLCall Result: " & $result & @CRLF) and I have tried also create an Object (That I think is the best way solution):
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $oSwitcher=ObjCreate("IBMDSwitcher") If IsObj($oSwitcher) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $oSwitcher created successfully") EndIf $oAtem=ObjCreate("IBMDSwitcherDiscovery") If IsObj($oAtem) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $oAtem created successfully") EndIf $failureReason =ObjCreate("_BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure") If IsObj($failureReason) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $failureReason created successfully") EndIf $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc") ; Install a custom error handler Global $errore,$oSwitcher1 $oAtem.ConnectTo("192.168.1.36",$oSwitcher,$failureReason); ; This is the custom error handler Func MyErrFunc() $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8) MsgBox(0, "", "We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF & _ "Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF & _ "Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription & @CRLF & _ "Source is: " & $oMyError.source & @CRLF & _ "Description is: " & $oMyError.description & @CRLF & _ "Helpfile is: " & $oMyError.helpfile & @CRLF & _ "Helpcontext is: " & $oMyError.helpcontext & @CRLF & _ "Lastdllerror is: " & $oMyError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _ "Scriptline is: " & $oMyError.scriptline) EndFunc ;==>MyErrFunc But the result is:
      We intercepted a COM Error !
      Number is: 000000A9
      Windescription is: Variable must be of type 'Object'.
      Source is: 
      Description is: 
      Helpfile is: 
      Helpcontext is: 
      Lastdllerror is: 0
      Scriptline is: 17
      The BMDSwitcherAPI.dll is registered in system. Can someone help me?
      Grazie
      Marco
    • rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      to provide an easy to use starter to capture traffic on all NICs found, I can successfully get all the interfaces of TSHARK.EXE (the command line version that's automatically installed along with wireshark) with this script:
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> $TS_WD = "C:\Program Files\Wireshark" $TS_exe = $TS_WD & "\tshark.exe" if not FileExists($TS_exe) Then MsgBox(48,"Fatal Error","No Wireshark Commandline Tool ""TSHARK.EXE"" found:" & @CRLF & _ $TS_exe) Exit EndIf $DString = "" $PIDGetIFs = Run($TS_exe & " -D", $TS_WD, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) While ProcessExists($PIDGetIFs) $DString &= StdoutRead($PIDGetIFs) WEnd ; MsgBox(0,"IFs",$DString) $aNICs = StringSplit($DString, @CRLF, 1) _ArrayDisplay($aNICs) $RegExIF = "^(?:\d+\. )(\\.*?})(?: \()(.*?)(\))$" ; $1 = TSHARK Interface Name, $2 = Windows Interface Name ; ... get the names to run TSHARK with the appropriate interface string  
      When I run TSHARK.EXE using this line directly, I see a continuously growing number telling the number of packets captured so far.
      "C:\Program Files\Wireshark\tshark.exe" -i \Device\NPF_{AEB931E9-E5FA-4DA5-8328-D87BDF53805C} -b duration:300 -b files:600 -w "y:\TShark-Ringbuffer\LAN-Verbindung\TSHARK-Com-0317_17---LAN-Verbindung___.pcap" Using this script, I *DO* see the first output line "Capturing on 'LAN-Verbindung'", but I cannot get hold of the continuously growing number of packets captured so far.
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> $WD="C:\Program Files\Wireshark" $CMD='"C:\Program Files\Wireshark\tshark.exe" -i \Device\NPF_{AEB931E9-E5FA-4DA5-8328-D87BDF53805C} -b duration:300 -b files:600 -w "y:\TShark-Ringbuffer\LAN-Verbindung\TSHARK-Com-0317_17---LAN-Verbindung___.pcap"' ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $CMD = ' & $CMD & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $PID=Run($CMD,$WD,@SW_SHOW,$stderr_merged) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $PID = ' & $PID & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $OutputAll="" While ProcessExists($PID) $output=StdoutRead($PID) $OutputAll&=$output ToolTip($OutputAll) if $output <> "" then ConsoleWrite("""" & $output & """" & @CRLF) Sleep(1000) WEnd ConsoleWrite("Process vanished" & @CRLF)  
      This is the output of SciTE, when I let TSHARK.EXE run for a short while, the "close" it's "box" ...

--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop @@ Debug(10) : $CMD = "C:\Program Files\Wireshark\tshark.exe" -i \Device\NPF_{AEB931E9-E5FA-4DA5-8328-D87BDF53805C} -b duration:300 -b files:600 -w "y:\TShark-Ringbuffer\LAN-Verbindung\TSHARK-Com-0317_17---LAN-Verbindung___.pcap" >Error code: 0 @@ Debug(13) : $PID = 10948 >Error code: 0 "Capturing on 'LAN-Verbindung' " Process vanished  
      Howto catch the "growing-packet-number" TSHARK.EXE is writing continuously to the same "window position"???

Regards, Rudi.

• Surya
      By Surya
      Hi everyone its been loooong since I posted here 
      I have been trying to convert this curl executable parameters into autoit using the winhttp com object;
      curl -F data_file=@my_audio_file.mp3 -F model=en-US "https://api.speechmatics.com/v1.0/user/41049/jobs/?auth_token=MmQ5MTk4jdsgjhgghstOGU5YS00OWFhLWghdgjshgdhbshj017###" any ideas guys

PS: I am excited to post here after a looong time