Sign in to follow this  
tes5884

For, Next loop ?

tes5884

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of writing a script that takes the street address and zip from a spreadsheet and inputs it into NYS TAX site. Then it extracts the tax code and puts it into the table next to the appropriate address.

I think I wrote most of it (with lot's of help from you guys!!). However, 2 problems remain.

• No matter how many rows I specify in the GUI (or for loop) it only loops about 5 times.

• It writes the first result to the first row, even if the first row returned a error. So it will write the result for the second row, on the first row.
Sorry, if i'm not being clear.

Any help/suggestions/criticism is appreciated, I'm here to learn..

Thanks guys!

#include <Excel.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("TaxCodes", 316, 157, -1, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES, $WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Major Energy Tax Code Retriever", 16, 16, 283, 20)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 4, "MingLiU")
$file = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 16, 56, 225, 21)
$Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 16, 107, 49, 21)
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Source file", 16, 39, 54, 17)
$Label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Amount of rows", 17, 88, 77, 17)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Browse", 256, 56, 49, 25)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Process", 113, 105, 89, 25)
$Label4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Tzvi Spitz - v1 - July '12", 100, 138, 115, 17)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 5, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
;Browse to select excel sheet
Case $Button1
$sfile = FileOpenDialog("Select enrollment file..", @WindowsDir & "\", "Excel File (*.csv;*.xlsx)", 1 + 4)
GUICtrlSetData($file, $sfile)

Case $Button2
$oIE = _IECreate()
If $sfile = "" Then
MsgBox(0, "", "Error!" & @CRLF & "You need to input the proper info!")
Exit
Else
;open sheet read info to vars
Local $oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen($sfile, 1)
For $row = 2 To $Input2
     Local $strt = _ExcelReadCell($oExcel, $row, 3)
     Local $zip = _ExcelReadCell($oExcel, $row, 6)
     Local $type = _ExcelReadCell($oExcel, $row, 16)
     ;Open IE instance, get elements
     _IENavigate($oIE, "http://www8.tax.ny.gov/UTLR/utlrHome")
     $o_form = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "UTLRForm")
     $o_addr = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "UTLR_STREETADDRESS_KEY")
     $o_zip = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "UTLR_ZIPCODE_KEY")
     $o_type = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "UTLR_SERVICETYPE_KEY")

; Set IE field values and submit the form
     _IEFormElementSetValue($o_addr, $strt)
     _IEFormElementSetValue($o_zip, $zip)
     If $type = "Commercial" Then
     _IEFormElementSetValue($o_type, "Commercial energy services")
     Else
     _IEFormElementSetValue($o_type, "Residential energy services")
     EndIf
     _IEFormSubmit($o_form)
     _IELoadWait($oIE)
     ;if not successfull
     If StringRegExp(_IEBodyReadText($oIE), 'No matches were found for the address you entered.') Then
     Beep(500)
     Else ;if succesfull write output to excel
     $aJurisdictionCodes = StringRegExp(_IEBodyReadText($oIE), 'Jurisdiction code:(.*)', 1)
     _ExcelWriteArray($oExcel, 2, 23, $aJurisdictionCodes, 1, 0)
     ;_ExcelBookSave($oExcel)
     $o_form2 = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "utlrHome")
     _IEFormSubmit($o_form2) ;returns to original form
     EndIf
Next
_ExcelBookClose($oExcel)
EndIf
EndSwitch
WEnd

BrewManNH

Change this line:

For $row = 2 To $Input2
; change to this
For $row = 2 To GUICtrlRead($Input2)
  • Like 1

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

tes5884

Thanks BrewManNH & JohnOne! That fixed problem 1!

Any ideas for problem 2?

JohnOne

I dont know anything about excel or the UDF but with a glance over this might need changing.

To

_ExcelWriteArray($oExcel, $row, 23, $aJurisdictionCodes, 1, 0)

• Like 1

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

tes5884

I dont know anything about excel or the UDF but with a glance over this might need changing.

To

_ExcelWriteArray($oExcel, $row, 23, $aJurisdictionCodes, 1, 0)

JohnOne you're the man!! Thanks that fixed it!!!