Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tes5884

For, Next loop ?

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of writing a script that takes the street address and zip from a spreadsheet and inputs it into NYS TAX site. Then it extracts the tax code and puts it into the table next to the appropriate address.

I think I wrote most of it (with lot's of help from you guys!!). However, 2 problems remain.

• No matter how many rows I specify in the GUI (or for loop) it only loops about 5 times.

• It writes the first result to the first row, even if the first row returned a error. So it will write the result for the second row, on the first row.
Sorry, if i'm not being clear.

Any help/suggestions/criticism is appreciated, I'm here to learn..

Thanks guys!

#include <Excel.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("TaxCodes", 316, 157, -1, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES, $WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Major Energy Tax Code Retriever", 16, 16, 283, 20)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 4, "MingLiU")
$file = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 16, 56, 225, 21)
$Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 16, 107, 49, 21)
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Source file", 16, 39, 54, 17)
$Label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Amount of rows", 17, 88, 77, 17)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Browse", 256, 56, 49, 25)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Process", 113, 105, 89, 25)
$Label4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Tzvi Spitz - v1 - July '12", 100, 138, 115, 17)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 5, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
;Browse to select excel sheet
Case $Button1
$sfile = FileOpenDialog("Select enrollment file..", @WindowsDir & "\", "Excel File (*.csv;*.xlsx)", 1 + 4)
GUICtrlSetData($file, $sfile)

Case $Button2
$oIE = _IECreate()
If $sfile = "" Then
MsgBox(0, "", "Error!" & @CRLF & "You need to input the proper info!")
Exit
Else
;open sheet read info to vars
Local $oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen($sfile, 1)
For $row = 2 To $Input2
     Local $strt = _ExcelReadCell($oExcel, $row, 3)
     Local $zip = _ExcelReadCell($oExcel, $row, 6)
     Local $type = _ExcelReadCell($oExcel, $row, 16)
     ;Open IE instance, get elements
     _IENavigate($oIE, "http://www8.tax.ny.gov/UTLR/utlrHome")
     $o_form = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "UTLRForm")
     $o_addr = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "UTLR_STREETADDRESS_KEY")
     $o_zip = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "UTLR_ZIPCODE_KEY")
     $o_type = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "UTLR_SERVICETYPE_KEY")

; Set IE field values and submit the form
     _IEFormElementSetValue($o_addr, $strt)
     _IEFormElementSetValue($o_zip, $zip)
     If $type = "Commercial" Then
     _IEFormElementSetValue($o_type, "Commercial energy services")
     Else
     _IEFormElementSetValue($o_type, "Residential energy services")
     EndIf
     _IEFormSubmit($o_form)
     _IELoadWait($oIE)
     ;if not successfull
     If StringRegExp(_IEBodyReadText($oIE), 'No matches were found for the address you entered.') Then
     Beep(500)
     Else ;if succesfull write output to excel
     $aJurisdictionCodes = StringRegExp(_IEBodyReadText($oIE), 'Jurisdiction code:(.*)', 1)
     _ExcelWriteArray($oExcel, 2, 23, $aJurisdictionCodes, 1, 0)
     ;_ExcelBookSave($oExcel)
     $o_form2 = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "utlrHome")
     _IEFormSubmit($o_form2) ;returns to original form
     EndIf
Next
_ExcelBookClose($oExcel)
EndIf
EndSwitch
WEnd

Change this line:

For $row = 2 To $Input2
; change to this
For $row = 2 To GUICtrlRead($Input2)
1 person likes this

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks BrewManNH & JohnOne! That fixed problem 1!

Any ideas for problem 2?

I dont know anything about excel or the UDF but with a glance over this might need changing.

To

_ExcelWriteArray($oExcel, $row, 23, $aJurisdictionCodes, 1, 0)

1 person likes this

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I dont know anything about excel or the UDF but with a glance over this might need changing.

To

_ExcelWriteArray($oExcel, $row, 23, $aJurisdictionCodes, 1, 0)

JohnOne you're the man!! Thanks that fixed it!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      Before all, I want to say that I'm doing this script to see how _IE* functions work, and see if my studs can hack a quiz I'm working on.
      I want to clarify that I'm not automating any game, bypassing any CAPTCHAs, or anything that could damage anyone.
      I was trying to autofill a form, based on which question is displayed.
      The question is always stored in here:
      <header> <h1><span class="questionid">1. </span>Here goes the question</h1> </header> And answers are stored in here:
      <ul class="answers"> <li><label><span><input id="answer_0" name="answer[]" type="radio" value="0">Answer 1</span></label></li> <li><label><span><input id="answer_1" name="answer[]" type="radio" value="1">Answer 2</span></label></li> <li><label><span><input id="answer_2" name="answer[]" type="radio" value="2">Anwser 3</span></label></li> <li><label><span><input id="answer_3" name="answer[]" type="radio" value="3">Answer 4</span></label></li> </ul></fieldset></form></div> And, there are 15 questions like this.
      How can automatically fill my form?
      Thanks in advance
      Francesco
    • Omnitica
      By Omnitica
      Hello!
      I'm new to the forums! Couldn't find any threads covering this issue. Sorry if I'm wrong.

I'm having problems changing the text/value of a input box. The particular box doesn't have a name or id, just: class="jq_hotkeys_enabled form-control".
      This class appears multiple times throughout the source, so I don't think It's right to reference that object. 
      See image 1.
      However, I've managed to find a object with the name "ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper" which contains the value of the input box, and the id for the person in the dropdown/combobox left of it. (with "dummy-1" selected).
      See image 2.
      As you can see the value is 3982,4545     ( name , time )
      But when I try to change the value of it by doing:
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IEAttach(WinGetHandle("[CLASS:IEFrame]"),"embedded") Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "aspnetForm") Local $oInput = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper") _IEFormElementSetValue($oInput, "3982,1337") The box doesn't get its new value. I  can see in the source that it's changed though.
      See image 3.

However, if I do: 
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IEAttach(WinGetHandle("[CLASS:IEFrame]"),"embedded") Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "aspnetForm") Local $oInput = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper") _IEFormElementSetValue($oInput, "3982,1337") $oIE.document.parentwindow.execScript("theForm.submit()") ; But it needs to reload the page The box gets its new value after the page reloads by the theForm.submit() function. 
      This is a bit unfortunate as I want the changes to happen instantly like when I type in the box with the keyboard... or select in the combobox.
      Maybe someone knows how I can do this? Looking forward to an answer! 
      Thanks in advance.

Note: Unfortunately I can't provide with the real URL as it is constricted to employees in the company I work for, but let me know If I should provide anything else.

• czardas
      By czardas
      Haven't had much time to code recently. However the following thread inspired me.
      The debate about linear, parallel and binary search methods was rather interesting and, in an attempt to be diplomatic, I decided to combine @jchd's suggestion with @LarsJ's binary search example. I decided that the binary search algorithm required modification to make it more linear. As usual, 'if you invent something, it probably already exists and if it already exists, it exists for a reason'. My first attempt was not all that good. The code worked but was really a mess. I blame peer pressure (to post an example of a parallel search method).  I will delete that old code in due course.
      With a little memory jogging and a glance at the help file, the solution turned out to be quite easy: I just needed a better understanding of Euler. Further modification will be needed to work with more complicated unicode strings. The output could be returned as an array or a delimitered string. I'm not so interested in those details. I'm just going to post the algorithm for now and anyone, who wants to, can modify it to suit their needs. Both arrays must contain at least 1 element.
      Local $aFoo = [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,20,23,24,26,30,35,39,40,41] Local $aBar = [0,1,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,17,18,19,21,24,25,26,27,34,35,38,40] ParallelExponetialSearch($aFoo, $aBar) ; Compares two lists - returning positive matches. Each input array must be unique (individually) and in alphabetical order. Func ParallelExponetialSearch($aFoo, $aBar) Local $sFind, _ $iMin_F = -1, $iMax_F = UBound($aFoo) -1, $Lo_F = $iMin_F, $Hi_F, _ $iMin_B = -1, $iMax_B = UBound($aBar) -1, $Lo_B = $iMin_B, $Hi_B While $iMin_F < $iMax_F And $iMin_B < $iMax_B ; Toggle Arrays - Which array has most untested elements? This is the one we want to search next, ; so we can bypass more comparisons because (in theory) mismatches have a greater chance of being skipped. If $iMax_F - $iMin_F >= $iMax_B - $iMin_B Then ; $aFoo has more (or an equal number of) untested elements $Hi_F = $iMax_F $iMin_B += 1 $sFind = $aBar[$iMin_B] While $Lo_F < $Hi_F ; search $aFoo For $i = 0 To Floor(Log($Hi_F - $Lo_F) / Log(2)) $Lo_F = $iMin_F + 2^$i If $aFoo[$Lo_F] = $sFind Then $iMin_F = $Lo_F ; each match should be added to the output [perhaps an array] ConsoleWrite($sFind & " found at $aFoo[" & $Lo_F & "] = $aBar[" & $iMin_B & "]" & @LF) ExitLoop 2 ElseIf $aFoo[$Lo_F] > $sFind Then $Hi_F = $Lo_F -1 $iMin_F += Floor(2^($i -1)) $Lo_F = $iMin_F ContinueLoop 2 EndIf Next $iMin_F = $Lo_F ; minimum increment is one WEnd Else ; $aBar has more untested elements $Hi_B = $iMax_B $iMin_F += 1 $sFind = $aFoo[$iMin_F] While $Lo_B < $Hi_B ; search $aBar For $i = 0 To Floor(Log($Hi_B - $Lo_B) / Log(2)) $Lo_B = $iMin_B + 2^$i If $aBar[$Lo_B] = $sFind Then $iMin_B = $Lo_B ; each match should be added to the output [perhaps an array] ConsoleWrite($sFind & " found at $aFoo[" & $iMin_F & "] = $aBar[" & $Lo_B & "]" & @LF) ExitLoop 2 ElseIf $aBar[$Lo_B] > $sFind Then $Hi_B = $Lo_B -1 $iMin_B += Floor(2^($i -1)) $Lo_B = $iMin_B ContinueLoop 2 EndIf Next $iMin_B = $Lo_B ; minimum increment is one WEnd EndIf WEnd EndFunc ;==> ParallelExponetialSearch I hope this will be useful to someone. I believe it deserved a thread of its own!
    • RC86
      By RC86
      Afternoon!
      I have a requirement to return both a string and an array from a function so as a result I put them both into an array and returned that.  I can access them in their entirety after returning them but then I can't seem to access the array elements after this.  Should I be able to or is there a prettier way?
      #include <Array.au3> ;Memory info returned as a string and an array $memoryInfo = _getMemoryInfo() msgbox(0,"Memory Info",$memoryInfo[0]) _ArrayDisplay($memoryInfo[1],"Memory as an Array") Local $newArray[7] $memoryInfo[1] = $newArray msgbox(0,"Test element",$newArray[0]) _ArrayDisplay($newArray) Func _getMemoryInfo() Local $newArray[7] Local $array = MemGetStats() $newArray[0] = $array[0] ;% of memory in use $newArray[1] = Round($array[1]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total physical RAM $newArray[2] = Round($array[2]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Availaible physical RAM $newArray[3] = Round($array[3]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total pagefile $newArray[4] = Round($array[4]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available pagefile $newArray[5] = Round($array[5]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total virtual $newArray[6] = Round($array[6]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available virtual $memoryUsage = $newArray[1] - $newarray[2] $pagefileUsage = $newArray[3] - $newarray[4] ;Output/Return Local $returnArray[2] $returnArray[0] = "Memory: " & $memoryUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[1] & " GB " & @CRLF & "Pagefile: " & $pagefileUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[3] & " GB " $returnArray[1] = $newArray return $returnArray EndFunc A bit messy but hopefully it's understandable what I'm trying to achieve.
      Thanks!
    • breakbadsp
      By breakbadsp
      I  want to create a excel file from my script if it does not exist.
      _ExcelBookOpen throws error=2 if file does not exist, after this error i want to create new file at this point.
      can i use _FileCreate()?
      _Logger($sLogPath, "{INFO}------: Opening Excel File: " & $sExcelPath& "") While 1 Local $oExcelTestResult = _ExcelBookOpen($sExcelPath) If @error = 2 Then If not _FileCreate($sResExcelPath) Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error In Opening REsult Excel File: Error: " & String(@error)) _Logger($sLogPath, "{ERROR}------: Result Excel File does not exist.. tried to create new but :ERROR : " & String(@error) & "") ExitLoop Else _Logger($sLogPath, "{INFO}------: Result Excel File does not exist.. **Created New**: ") EndIf Else ExitLoop EndIf WEnd