Sign in to follow this  
johngreenwood

Getting a list of files in a directory.

johngreenwood

Hi, I know this place is primarily for AutoIT, but I know there are people with C++ knowledge here. If this thread is in the wrong place, feel free to move/delete it.

About 9 months ago I moved to China. There is no Facebook here, so I am using Freegate as a proxy to access Facebook and other blocked sites. Occasionally Freegate downloads a newer version and leaves the new executable with the old one, forcing me to have to update my shortcut. Annoying. I want to write a short program which will check the directory and execute the latest version. I don't want anyone to write the code for me, I want to do that myself. I just want to know how to find out what files are in a given directory.

Thanks for any help.

johngreenwood

Thank you Richard. The links you provided are most helpful. I'll have a good read and then try it out. Your help is most appreciated.

PhoenixXL

oh sorry didnt noticed that will delete it

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.