Detect if program is directly run from download

I think what he is referring to is if you click on an exe and a few other types of links you usually get the option to "save file to drive" or "run/open"... he wants to disable the option to "run/open" it from the download request I'm guessing...

Don't know how to do it but just clarifying the request hopefully.

As to why ... it makes absolutely no sense. What's the difference between scripting something to run after download and double clicking it yourself when it does? Other than the manual step?

Also ... I believe you can disable the "open/run" via security policy options.

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Hi,

Thanks all

Like valik would say "I'm not a noob" muttley i know the program isn't run from memory.

I don't want to disable the open/run option from internet explorer or other browers..

i think i'm going to block running the program from temporarily internet folder

Probally would fix my problem

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

Most commonly when a program setup is ran it extracts most commonly to the @tempdir (%% windows/temp) folder. As far as downloading it that depends on where the browser places the downloaded file (by default) ultimately if you would really like to stop a program from running you could do an ocopiouse amount of things to stop it.

My suggestion: Stop it from running using a antivirus or make a script to continually search for the programs exe name.

Thnx all

I'm using the following

$internettempfolder = RegRead(HKey_Current_UserSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders", "Cache")
$internettempfolder =StringReplace($internettempfolder, "%USERPROFILE%", @UserProfileDir)
$result = StringInStr(@WorkingDir, $internettempfolder)
If $result >0 then
Msgbox (16, "Info", "Run directly from download or manually for Temporary Internet Files location")
Exit
EndIf

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer