Sign in to follow this  
xinx

GUICtrlCreateListView using UP and DOWN buttons

I'm have a working program that displays the users in Active Directory. When a user's name is clicked on it displays their details (profile folder, work folder, etc). However, what I'd really like to do is be able to eliminate using the mouse as much as possible, so instead of having to click on each user's name, you can use the UP and DOWN arrows and it will act as though their name has been clicked on (if that makes any sense?).

Here's some of the code so far:

$ADListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Login Name|Display Name", 140, 60, 220, 280);A ListView to display the users

; Adjust the ADListView column headers
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($ADListView, 0, 100)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($ADListView, 1, 116)

Func UpdateUserList()
_AD_Open()
$SelectedUserType = GUICtrlRead($UserTypeCombo)

;Get the base OU for the user type
$SelectedUserTypeBaseOU = IniRead("iniUsers.ini", $SelectedUserType, "BaseOU", "NotFound")
;Get the filtered results from the AD using base OU
$ADData = _AD_GetObjectsInOU($SelectedUserTypeBaseOU, "(&(objectclass=user)(name=*))", 2, "sAMAccountName,distinguishedName,displayname", "displayname")
GUICtrlSetData($ADListView, $ADData)
_GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($ADListView)
GUICtrlSetData($UserPropertiesEditBox, "Properties of Selected User")
$SelectedUser = ""
;For each AD user, add an item in in the ListView
For $i = 1 To UBound($ADData) - 1
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($ADData[$i][0] & "|" & $ADData[$i][2], $ADListView)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "ListClicked") ; For each item, add the required event
Next
_AD_Close()
EndFunc ;==>UpdateUserList

Func ListClicked()
$ItemString = GUICtrlRead(@GUI_CtrlId)
$ItemArray = StringSplit($ItemString, "|")
$SelectedUser = $ItemArray[1]
_AD_Open()
$givenName = _AD_GetObjectAttribute($SelectedUser, "givenName")
$SN = _AD_GetObjectAttribute($SelectedUser, "SN")
$displayName = _AD_GetObjectAttribute($SelectedUser, "displayName")
$profilePath = _AD_GetObjectAttribute($SelectedUser, "profilePath")
$homeDirectory = _AD_GetObjectAttribute($SelectedUser, "homeDirectory")
$homeDrive = _AD_GetObjectAttribute($SelectedUser, "homeDrive")
$GroupArray = _AD_GetUserGroups($SelectedUser)
GUICtrlSetData($UserPropertiesEditBox, "")
_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($UserPropertiesEditBox, "Properties of Selected User")
_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($UserPropertiesEditBox, @CRLF & @CRLF & "First Name: " & $givenName)
_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($UserPropertiesEditBox, @CRLF & @CRLF & "Last Name: " & $SN)
_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($UserPropertiesEditBox, @CRLF & @CRLF & "Login Name: " & $SelectedUser)
_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($UserPropertiesEditBox, @CRLF & @CRLF & "Profile Directory: " & $profilePath)
_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($UserPropertiesEditBox, @CRLF & @CRLF & "Home Directory: " & $homeDirectory & " (" & $homeDrive & ")")
_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($UserPropertiesEditBox, @CRLF & @CRLF & "Group Membership:")
For $i = 1 To UBound($GroupArray) - 1
_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($UserPropertiesEditBox, @CRLF & _AD_FQDNToDisplayname($GroupArray[$i]))
Next

_AD_Close()
EndFunc ;==>ListClicked

Any help would be great, thank you! :)

Edited by xinx

P.s. I suspect it needs to be something in the

;For each AD user, add an item in in the ListView
For $i = 1 To UBound($ADData) - 1
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($ADData[$i][0] & "|" & $ADData[$i][2], $ADListView)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "ListClicked") ; For each item, add the required event
Next

So that when the UP or DOWN arrows are used they GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "ListClicked") - I just can't seem to find out how.

Edited by xinx

Any suggestions welcome - also if I have missed out anything that anyone needs in order to help then please let me know! :idiot:

Hello, xinix. Today, I have been trying to do the same thing you are doing. It doesn't appear to be an easy thing to do. The closest I have come so far has been using _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectionMark to find the zero based index of the selected row. Then, you can use _GUICtrlListView_InsertItem to insert an item. Note that it does not insert multiple columns. Using the separator "|" does not split your data. Lastly, you can use _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItemsSelected to delete any unwanted rows.

I'm not very hopeful of an easy solution. Looking at previous solutions to small problems like editing a second column, I have seen dozens of lines of code with things I don't fully understand yet (like creating structures, calling DLLs and $WM_NOTIFY).

As easy as AutoIt is on most things, I thought there would be a _RowMoveUP and _RowMoveDown kind of function. Maybe there's some technical reason why it can't be done so easily.

RAID Calculator | Software Installer

The truth has been suppressed since the dawn of time.

Hi abberration

Thank you - I thought I was missing something obvious but at least I know it's not and that others have had similar issues. Sad though :-(

All the best

xinx

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Skysnake
      I thought I remembered this from somewhere, then I searched, but cannot find which I am looking for...
      How to display additional, hidden ListViewItem text in a popup?
      I thought I saw a Style element that does that, but I cannot find it
      Just point me in the right direction please?
    • By AdamUL
      Below are some functions that I created when I needed to get some Group Policy information via script.  The quickest way I found to get this information was using the Group Policy Module for PowerShell.  This is not a full UDF for the Group Policy Module.  There are a lot more options available with the cmdlets, and this only touches on a few.  To use the functions below, for a Windows client, you will need to install Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT).  For Windows Server 2012 or later, you will need to install the Group Policy Management Console.  
      Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT)
      Installing the Group Policy Management Console via PowerShell for Windows Server 2012 or later.  Run in an Admin PowerShell prompt.
      Install-WindowsFeature –Name GPMC PowerShell Group Policy Module Documentation
      For the example below, the AD UDF is only required to query GPO names, but is not required to use the functions.  
      #include <AD.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> Global $sLDAPFilter = "(name=*)" Global $sExcludeFilter = "" Global $sIncludeFilter = "" Global $sBaseDN = "DC=ad,DC=university,DC=edu" Global $sDataToRetrieve = "sAMAccountName" $sIncludeFilter = "(&(displayName=LIBS-*))" ;GPO Names. $sLDAPFilter = "(&(objectClass=groupPolicyContainer)" & $sExcludeFilter & $sIncludeFilter & ")" $sDataToRetrieve = "displayName,name" _AD_Open() Global $aGPONames = _AD_GetObjectsInOU($sBaseDN, $sLDAPFilter, 2, $sDataToRetrieve) If @error Then MsgBox(64, "Active Directory Functions", "No objects found") Exit _AD_Close() EndIf _AD_Close() ;Add column headers to the output array. Global $aDataToRetrieve = StringSplit($sDataToRetrieve, ",", 2) For $i = 0 To UBound($aGPONames, 2) - 1 Step 1 $aGPONames[0][$i] = $aDataToRetrieve[$i] Next _ArraySort($aGPONames) _ArrayDisplay($aGPONames, "LIBS GPOs") ;For Testing. Global $aGPOPermissions = _AD_GetGPOPermissionsPS($aGPONames[1][0]) If @error Then Exit 1 _ArrayDisplay($aGPOPermissions, $aGPONames[1][0]) Global $sOU = "OU=libs,OU=active,DC=ad,DC=university,DC=edu" Global $aGPOLinks = _AD_GetGPOLinksPS($sOU) If @error Then Exit 2 _ArrayDisplay($aGPOLinks, $sOU) Global $aGPOInheritedLinks = _AD_GetGPOInheritedLinksPS($sOU) If @error Then Exit 2 _ArrayDisplay($aGPOInheritedLinks, $sOU) Global $aGPOs = _AD_GetAllGPOsPS() If @error Then Exit 3 _ArraySort($aGPOs) _ArrayDisplay($aGPOs, "GPOs") Global $aGPOName = _AD_GetGPOByNamePS($aGPONames[1][0]) If @error Then Exit 4 _ArrayDisplay($aGPOName, $aGPONames[1][0]) Global $aGPOGuid = _AD_GetGPOByGuidPS($aGPONames[1][1]) If @error Then Exit 5 _ArrayDisplay($aGPOGuid, $aGPONames[1][1]) Global $sReportName = "C:\Users\adamul\Desktop\Group Policy Object (GPO) PowerShell\Reports\" & $aGPONames[1][0] & ".html" _AD_GetGPOReportByNamePS($aGPONames[1][0], $sReportName) If @error Then Exit 6 Global $sReportGUID = "C:\Users\adamul\Desktop\Group Policy Object (GPO) PowerShell\Reports\" & $aGPONames[1][1] & ".html" _AD_GetGPOReportByGuidPS($aGPONames[1][1], $sReportGUID) If @error Then Exit 6 Func _AD_GetGPOPermissionsPS($sGPOName) ;An array of permission level for one or more security principals on a specified GPO. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; Get-GPPermissions -Name ''' & $sGPOName & ''' -All"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) ;For testing. If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOPermissionsPS Func _AD_GetGPOLinksPS($sOUName) ;An array of GPOs that are linked directly to the location. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; (Get-GPInheritance -Target ''' & $sOUName & "').GpoLinks" ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) ;For testing. If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOLinksPS Func _AD_GetGPOInheritedLinksPS($sOUName) ;An array of GPOs that are applied to the location when Group Policy is processed on a client. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; (Get-GPInheritance -Target ''' & $sOUName & "').InheritedGpoLinks" ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) ;For testing. If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOInheritedLinksPS Func _AD_GetAllGPOsPS() ;An array of information on all the GPOs in a domain. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; Get-GPO -All"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetAllGPOsPS Func _AD_GetGPOByNamePS($sGPOName) ;An array of information on one Group Policy Object (GPO) in a domain by Display Name. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; Get-GPO -Name ''' & $sGPOName & '''"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. ;Add end of line characters for single return group to be processed. $sGPOCmdOutput = $sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) ;For testing. If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") ;Remove last @CRLF to prevent blank row in return array. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringTrimRight($sGPOCmdOutput, 2) Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOByNamePS Func _AD_GetGPOByGuidPS($sGPOGuid) ;An array of information on one Group Policy Object (GPO) in a domain by GUID. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; Get-GPO -Guid ''' & $sGPOGuid & '''"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. ;Add end of line characters for single return group to be processed. $sGPOCmdOutput = $sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) ;For testing. If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") ;Remove last @CRLF to prevent blank row in return array. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringTrimRight($sGPOCmdOutput, 2) Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOByGuidPS Func _AD_GetGPOReportByNamePS($sGPOName, $sReportFullPath, $sReportType = "HTML") ;Generates a report either in XML or HTML format for a specified GPO by name in a domain. Switch $sReportType Case "HTML", "XML" Case Else Return SetError(1, 0, False) EndSwitch Local $sPath = StringRegExpReplace($sReportFullPath, "(^.*\\)(.*)", "$1") ;~ ConsoleWrite($sPath & @CRLF) ;For testing. ;~ If Not FileExists($sPath) Then Return SetError(2, 0, False) Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Get-GPOReport -Name ''' & $sGPOName & ''' -ReportType ' & $sReportType & ' -Path ''' & $sReportFullPath & '''"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. If $sGPOCmdOutput <> "" Then SetError(3, 0, False) Return True EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOReportByNamePS Func _AD_GetGPOReportByGuidPS($sGPOGuid, $sReportFullPath, $sReportType = "HTML") ;Generates a report either in XML or HTML format for a specified GPO by GUID in a domain. Switch $sReportType Case "HTML", "XML" Case Else Return SetError(1, 0, False) EndSwitch Local $sPath = StringRegExpReplace($sReportFullPath, "(^.*\\)(.*)", "$1") ;~ ConsoleWrite($sPath & @CRLF) ;For testing. ;~ If Not FileExists($sPath) Then Return SetError(2, 0, False) Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Get-GPOReport -GUID ''' & $sGPOGuid & ''' -ReportType ' & $sReportType & ' -Path ''' & $sReportFullPath & '''"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. If $sGPOCmdOutput <> "" Then SetError(3, 0, False) Return True EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOReportByGuidPS  
      Adam

• By Chimp
      Is there an AD way to search if and where (the hostname) an userid is (or on what host was last time) logged?
      Thanks
    • By rudi
      Hello,

<edit>
      In this posting below you will find a script to get an Active Directory User's Group Memberships including nested Group Memberships:

</edit>
      quite a while ago I started this thread: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/193984-ad-member-of-group-in-group/

#include <AD.au3> _AD_Open() $user=_AD_SamAccountNameToFQDN("ASP") $group=_AD_SamAccountNameToFQDN("daten-Bestellung-QS_lesen") $result=_AD_IsMemberOf($group,$user,false,True) ; $Group is the 1st, $User the 2nd param ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $result = ' & $result & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console _AD_Close() this works fine, thanks for the help in the other thread.
      Howto to get the "chain" of groups for nested group memberships?

In AD.AU3 I found the function _AD_RecursiveGetMemberOf(), which might be an approach, (get all the group content then sort out what's needed), just wondering if there is another function that I've overlooked, that directly would give me the "nested membership chain" *ONLY*?

Regards, Rudi.
    • By Dequality
      error code >Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\Scripts\Tests\Test.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop +>16:23:40 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0 +>16:23:40 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 0 Time: 0.6734 HotKeySet("{F4}", _myExit()) Global $aCoordinates1[2] = [499, 582] Global $aCoordinates2[2] = [672, 614] While(1)     $instrument = PixelSearch(602, 439, 601, 438, 0x434343, 1)     if not(@error) Then         $musicscore = PixelSearch(1185, 529, 1184, 528, 0xDDA03B, 1)         If not(@error) Then             MouseMove($musicscore[0], $musicscore[1], 3)             Sleep(500)             MouseClick("RIGHT", $musicscore[0], $musicscore[1], 1, 1)         EndIf     EndIf     MouseClick("LEFT", random($aCoordinates1[0], $aCoordinates1[1]), Random($aCoordinates2[0], $aCoordinates2[1]))    Sleep(Random(304000, 309043)) WEnd Func _myExit()     Exit EndFunc Any help are highly appreciatet... :-) 

Dequality.