Sign in to follow this  
Zoldex

SQLite and Listview problem. Help needed!

Zoldex

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to use SQLite for the first time into an app with a listview.

I've already succesful managed to create a database, insert and update items, also on the listview! :sweating:

My problem is about deleting records.

I mean i can easily delete a record from a database with

_SQLite_Exec(-1, "DELETE FROM Database WHERE KEY = " & $selected_row_on_listview & ";")

and also from listview with

_GUICtrlListView_DeleteItemsSelected($listview)

but the difference is that if I have 5 records into the Database and I delete 1 in the middle (say KEY=3) I will have KEY values 0,1,2,4

BUT Listview updates its rows 0,1,2,3 so I couldn't use $selected_row_on_listview anymore, since if I click on row 3 it would try to delete a missing record.

Sorry if my question sounds silly but I'm really stuck now.

Thanks for any hints and forgive my poor english.

Also, any good example with SQLite and listview would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Zoldex

NiVZ

Zoldex,

I read the data from the SQLite query into an array. Then I have a function that loops through the array to populate the listview.

When I delete a selected row, I delete that row number from the array (and from the database) and then re-call the function to update the listview.

That way the array always has the rows in the same order as the listview, but in the delete statement to the database I can pass the KEY that is held in one of the array columns.

Another method would be to hold the database KEY value in a hidden column in the ListView.

Hope that gives you an idea.

NiVZ

Edited by NiVZ

Zoldex

NiVZ,

thanks for your answer.

If I understand what you say, I should read again the whole table from database to update listview, each time I delete a record?

That's what I thought when I had the problem but don't know what would happen with very large databases.

I mean that it would become a slow process if I need to delete several rows...

Another method would be to hold the database KEY value in a hidden column in the ListView.

My KEY value is not displayed on the listview and is used only as a progressive counter, that would serve me to identify the row in the database.

Anyways, even if not displayed on listview, when I delete the row from the database it's really gone forever and creates a "hole" in the counter.

The listview, instead, updates itself all the index rows...

I would need a way to tell SQLite to "reorganize" the rows when a KEY in the middle is missing... like Listview does.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• dangr82
      By dangr82

I have created this function for a database, but I can not make it work. I always have two error messages: "not an error" ... and the file created, in the script directory, does not contain anything.
      Global $sDBName = "Hen.db" Func DatabaseTable() Local $sConnDB _SQLite_Startup() If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", "SQLite.dll Can't be Loaded!") Exit -1 EndIf $sConnDB = _SQLite_Open($sDBName) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", "Can't Load Database!") Exit -1 EndIf If Not _SQLite_Exec($sDBName, 'CREATE TABLE Animal ("Name", "Age");') = $SQLITE_OK Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", _SQLite_ErrMsg()) If Not _SQLite_Exec($sDBName, 'INSERT INTO Animale VALUES ("Charlie","5");') = $SQLITE_OK Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", _SQLite_ErrMsg()) _SQLite_Close($sConnDB) _SQLite_Shutdown() EndFunc  
    • Eminence
      By Eminence
      Hello,
      I've been searching on how to select the first row in my database which includes a time column based on the latest start_time date for today's date.
      This is my current code:
      Local $iCurrentDate = _Now() Local $sqlHandle = _dbOpen($sDbPath) Local $aResult, $iRows, $iCols _SQLite_GetTable2d($sqlHandle, "SELECT start_time FROM " & $srawDb & " ORDER BY datetime(start_time) DESC LIMIT 1", $aResult, $iRows, $iCols) _ArrayDisplay($aResult) _dbClose($sDbpath) What it does is it gets the first row entry in the database however it does not select the latest start_time entry in the database, it always select the first row. I've tried changing DESC to ASC to see if that will do it but the issue still remains. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

*EDIT
      The date format in the database is by MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS.
    • Seminko
      By Seminko
      In my recent project I'm downloading a bunch of data, so I decided to store it in a SQLite database. NOTE: I'm using sqlite3_x64.dll
      Everything is working just fine but I'm struggling with getting the Median value. SQLite has an Average function but not a Median one.
      I googled but all of the provided solutions are way above my pay-grade. After some more searching I found 'extension-functions.c' on the SQLite site where Median is included. After almost an hour of struggling I was able to successfully compile it into a DLL.
      So I downloaded @jchd's SQLiteExtLoad.au3 as seen here:
      But I'm getting these errors:
      "Path\SQLiteExtLoad.au3"(21,40) : warning: $g_hDll_SQLite: possibly used before declaration. Local $RetVal = DllCall($g_hDll_SQLite, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^ "Path\SQLiteExtLoad.au3"(21,40) : error: $g_hDll_SQLite: undeclared global variable. Local $RetVal = DllCall($g_hDll_SQLite, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^ So I tried, copying the function to my file and changing the DLL variable ($g_hDll_SQLite) directly to the DLL location (C:\...\.. .dll), but now this error fires
      If __SQLite_hChk($hConn, 1) Then Return SetError(@error, 0, $SQLITE_MISUSE) To be honest, I don't know what to use as the $hConn - handle of connection.
      I would appreciate any help, be it getting the median using SQLite queries or getting the DLL extension loaded using AutoIt.
      Thanks, S.

EDIT: well, I suspect the $hConn variable refers to the return value of the _SQLite_Open function. Well, at least now _SQLite_EnableExtensions doesn't give errors. Now I run into problems with _SQLite_LoadExtension, which gives error -1, and extended 1. Apparently the 1 constant is a generic error where other error do not apply.
      BTW, anybody knows whether I need to compile the extension DLL "into" x64 when I use a x64 SQLite? That might be the problem...

EDIT2: I recompiled the dll and tried it using the SQLite3.exe and it works, so I'm confident the extension DLL has been created correctly

• AdamUL
      By AdamUL
      I have been testing AutoIt 3.3.14.3 with SQLite, and the Help File examples.  The examples that I have tested are throwing errors or not doing anything.  I have sqlite3.dll, sqlite3_x64.dll, and sqlite3.exe in the directories with the testing script.  I am copying the examples directly from the help file into a test script for testing with no edits.  The _SQLite_GetTable2d example is returning an error ("Library used incorrectly") with each _SQLite_Exec command.  The _SQLite_FastEncode example returns an empty dialog box.  The _SQLite_Exec example only prints out the SQLite version, and nothing else in the SciTE console.  Currently, I'm still searching for what is causing this issue.  I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit.  Is anyone else having this issue?  

Adam

• Burgs
      By Burgs
      Greetings,
        I have SQLite setup within my AutoIT program...I'm trying to accomplish what should be a relatively simple task.  I want to be able to return an array of 'table' names for an established database...I believe this might be possible using the '_SQLite_SQLiteExe' command...since it seems to be able to access SQLite schemas...?  The ".tables" command is one of them...if I am not mistaken that command returns a list of all table names in the active database.
        I am attempting the following:
      #include <SQLite.au3> #include <SQLite.dll.au3> Global $hDb, $sIn, $sOut ... $sIn = ".tables" & @CRLF _SQLite_SQLiteExe($hDb, $sIn, $sOut) if @error == 0 Then ;Show Table (using SQLite3.dll) Else if @error == 2 Then ConsoleWrite("ERROR: Sqlite3.exe file not found" & @CRLF) Else ConsoleWrite("ERROR: @error=" & @error & " when calling _SQLite_SQLiteExe" & @CRLF) EndIf ;@error is "2"...OR NOT... EndIf ;@error is "0"...OR NOT... ...   The error being thrown is "ERROR: Sqlite3.exe file not found" ...
        Am I required to have the Sqlite3.exe installed in my directory (i.e. @ScriptsDir)...???  I do not have it in there at present because I did not believe it was necessary with the 'include' calls to "SQLite.au3" and "SQLite.dll.au3"...any advice appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 
      Regards

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.