Sign in to follow this  
SaintedRogue

SW Hide with ShellExecute?

SaintedRogue

I'm trying to get some code working with ShellExecute. I would like the Window to execute hidden, but it does not seem to be working when I set the SW_HIDE flag. Any help is much appreciated. Code below:

Local $tmp = "C:\Temp"
Local $msi = $tmp & '\AdobeFlash.msi'

If Not FileExists($tmp) = 1 Then DirCreate($tmp)

InetGet("http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.msi", $msi, 0, 0)

$afEXE = ShellExecute("AdobeFlash.msi", "", $tmp, "open", @SW_HIDE)

Do
$run = ControlClick("Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin - InstallShield Wizard", "", 1669)
Until $run = 1

Do
$finish = ControlClick("Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin - InstallShield Wizard", "", 1653)
Until $finish = 1

DirRemove($tmp)

Thoughts?

jdelaney

do you want a silent install, or the prompt to not dispaly which executes the installer?

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

SaintedRogue

Silent install. Which with more tinkering, I thought to myself... it's an MSI! Use the no UI switch and execute via MSIEXEC rather than just the MSI. Which seems to be working, but I would like to know if I am doing the code correct for say an EXE installer where this isn't an option.

jdelaney

does this work?

run ( $temp & " /s")

if not, someone more familary with silent installs will be around shortly :)

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

JLogan3o13

Since it is an msi, I would suggest:

ShellExecuteWait("msiexec.exe", '/i "AdobeFlash.msi" /qn')

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      for a script to display PDF files I'd like to simply use the default program for PDF files, so I used "ShellExecute(<pdf-file-full-path>)" to open these files.

The result for *SOME* of the workstations is, that the Adobe Reader starts up with asking for its language. (English/German). When starting AcroRd32.exe through "ShellExecute()", this "choose your language" dialog is showing up *ALWAYS*.

Just to have mentioned it: Process Explorer is presenting this command line, it looks the same for both, PCs with and without that question "Choose Language? [English|German]"
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" --channel=4680.0.860715181 --type=renderer "\\pc0009\Y_DRV_H\Daten\TIF\08\32\G000110832_Freigegeben.idw.pdf"  
      The next approach I thought of was to use Foxit Portable (instead of Acrord32.exe), started from a Network Drive, but it's starting up ugly slowly...
      So I tried to "Run()" instead to "ShellExecute()" the Adobe Reader. Now the result looks more stange, the "select your language" dialog shows up every now and then, but not always for the Win7 installations affected.

If I place a "msgbox()" just in front of the "run()" command, it seems never to show this "select your language" dialog.
      If I take out this MsgBox() the "select your language" dialog shows up sometimes.
      When I "ClipPut()" the run command prior the "Run()" and paste that one to a CMD box, then it seems to *NEVER* happen, that this "select your language" dialog shows up.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "\\pc0009\Y_DRV_H\Daten\TIF\08\32\G000110832_Freigegeben.idw.pdf" $AcroRead='"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"' $PDF='"Y:\Temp\DRV_H\Daten\TIF\33\85\153385_Freigegeben.dwg.pdf"' MsgBox(0,"Values",$AcroRead & @CRLF & $PDF,1) $MyCommand=$AcroRead & " " & $PDF ClipPut($MyCommand) Run($MyCommand)  
      It looks like, that this "--channel=... --type=renderer" parameters are always fact for the AcroRd32.exe instance, that is opening the PDF to be displayed. The Instance opening the "PDF Display GUI" seems to always be a child process of another AcroRd32.exe process.

Any clue, what's going on "backstage" here? How to avoid this "Choose your language" dialog? Or maybe someone can mention a different "portable" PDF viewer, I could use for this purpose?  
      Any suggestions appreciated, regards, Rudi.
    • e45678mail
      By e45678mail
      Hi~
      I have some question about how to enable the test mode via "Run" or "shellexecute" of command,
      was to tried :
      -----
      Run("bcdedit.exe /-set testsinging on", "C:\Windows\System32")
      and
      shellexecute("bcdedit.exe /-set testsinging on", "C:\Windows\System32")
      -----
      since this command must to run through administrator competence,
      have any method can accomplish it?

• BlazerV60
      By BlazerV60
      Hello all,
      I've been trying to figure out how to launch Google Chrome in the background (hidden) but it doesn't seem possible. I've tried the following methods:
      ShellExecute("C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe", "", "", "", @SW_HIDE) Also I've tried:
      ShellExecute(@ComSpec, "/c start chrome.exe","","",@SW_HIDE) Lastly I tried:
      RunWait('"'&@ProgramFilesDir&'\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --silent-launch',@ScriptDir)  
      But all of them launch my chrome browser without hiding it. Does anyone know a workaround for this or if AutoIT just can't Chrome? 
      Bonus points if you know how to make it launch chrome hidden and make it go to https://www.autoitscript.com

Thank you,
      Brian
    • Miloud
      By Miloud
      How to get the result of the command?
      My code :
      Local $iRc = ShellExecute ( "G:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" , "-version" , "G:\ffmpeg\bin\") ProcessWaitClose($iRc) $Message = StdoutRead($iRc)
    • breakbadsp
      By breakbadsp
      I want to run a python script from autoit. 
      I know we can do this with shellexecute or run , but this python script takes 3 cmd line arguments.
      How to pass them from autoit script?
      I tried many ways.
      Following solution also not working 
      e.g. 
      RunWait( 'fullpath\Python.exe Scriptpath\ReadLog.py  -f "file.log" -k "key" -e "errMsg" ') Found solution:
      RunWait( 'fullpath\Python.exe ReadLog.py -f "file.log" -k "key" -e "errMsg" ', 'Working_directory_path')  
      PFB description:
      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45757834/how-to-pass-command-line-arguments-to-a-python-script-anyscript-while-executin