Sign in to follow this  
ihudson

How do I add variables to a sqlite SELECT statement?

ihudson

I'm just learning sqlite3 forgive me if my concepts are not right, anyway I'm trying to add two variables to a SELECT statement:

The variables would be $start and $end that the user would choose from a Combobox. The database holds 1 table (Distances) that has the distances between two locations ($start and $end).

In the code that follows (if possible) how can I place $start where "Midlothian MS" is and $end where "School Board" is in the Select statement? I've tried several types of concatenation but no joy.

Here is the schema:

CREATE TABLE fulldata (id integer primary key autoincrement, Start text,End text

,Distance integer);

_SQLite_Startup()
ConsoleWrite("_SQLite_LibVersion=" & _SQLite_LibVersion() & @CRLF)
_SQLite_Open('distance.db') ; open Database
_SQLite_QuerySingleRow(-1, "SELECT distance FROM fulldata WHERE Start = 'Midlothian MS' AND End = 'School Board';", $aRow)

_SQLite_Close()
_SQLite_Shutdown()
While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
Case $Button1
MsgBox(0, "The distance is:",$aRow[0])
Case $Button2
_ArrayToClip($aRow, 0) ;send result to clipboard

EndSwitch
WEnd

Thanks for your help,

ihudson

kylomas

ihudson,

Something like this should work

_SQLite_QuerySingleRow(-1, "SELECT distance FROM fulldata WHERE Start = '" & $start & "' AND End = '" & $end & "';", $aRow)

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

jchd

Safer version:

_SQLite_QuerySingleRow(-1, "SELECT distance FROM fulldata WHERE Start = " & _SQLite_FastEscape($start) & " AND End = " & _SQLite_FastEscape($end) & ";", $aRow)
Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

MvGulik

_SQLiteFastEscape() _SQLite_FastEscape()

[edit: fixed.]

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

jchd

Correct, thanks.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• dangr82
      By dangr82

I have created this function for a database, but I can not make it work. I always have two error messages: "not an error" ... and the file created, in the script directory, does not contain anything.
      Global $sDBName = "Hen.db" Func DatabaseTable() Local $sConnDB _SQLite_Startup() If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", "SQLite.dll Can't be Loaded!") Exit -1 EndIf $sConnDB = _SQLite_Open($sDBName) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", "Can't Load Database!") Exit -1 EndIf If Not _SQLite_Exec($sDBName, 'CREATE TABLE Animal ("Name", "Age");') = $SQLITE_OK Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", _SQLite_ErrMsg()) If Not _SQLite_Exec($sDBName, 'INSERT INTO Animale VALUES ("Charlie","5");') = $SQLITE_OK Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SQLite Error", _SQLite_ErrMsg()) _SQLite_Close($sConnDB) _SQLite_Shutdown() EndFunc  
    • Eminence
      By Eminence
      Hello,
      I've been searching on how to select the first row in my database which includes a time column based on the latest start_time date for today's date.
      This is my current code:
      Local $iCurrentDate = _Now() Local $sqlHandle = _dbOpen($sDbPath) Local $aResult, $iRows, $iCols _SQLite_GetTable2d($sqlHandle, "SELECT start_time FROM " & $srawDb & " ORDER BY datetime(start_time) DESC LIMIT 1", $aResult, $iRows, $iCols) _ArrayDisplay($aResult) _dbClose($sDbpath) What it does is it gets the first row entry in the database however it does not select the latest start_time entry in the database, it always select the first row. I've tried changing DESC to ASC to see if that will do it but the issue still remains. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

*EDIT
      The date format in the database is by MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS.
    • Ambient
      By Ambient
      I am trying to build a list from a query run against a sybase db. This part works fine. My problem is this, I want to display values in a list depending 
      on the value of certain fields  i.e. See below which works for two. Unfortunately, I need it to work for 3 values.  I don't know how I can do this for 3.  I did try doing a select case but I was getting errors.

i.e. if value =0  then "Card Check" if Value = - Then "Card Spend" Else "Money Added"
      The below immediate iif works brilliantly for two but as I say I need to build this with 3 different values. 

$idItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem( _iif($adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value =0, "Card check","Money Added") 

Any help appreciated.
    • Seminko
      By Seminko
      In my recent project I'm downloading a bunch of data, so I decided to store it in a SQLite database. NOTE: I'm using sqlite3_x64.dll
      Everything is working just fine but I'm struggling with getting the Median value. SQLite has an Average function but not a Median one.
      I googled but all of the provided solutions are way above my pay-grade. After some more searching I found 'extension-functions.c' on the SQLite site where Median is included. After almost an hour of struggling I was able to successfully compile it into a DLL.
      So I downloaded @jchd's SQLiteExtLoad.au3 as seen here:
      But I'm getting these errors:
      "Path\SQLiteExtLoad.au3"(21,40) : warning: $g_hDll_SQLite: possibly used before declaration. Local $RetVal = DllCall($g_hDll_SQLite, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^ "Path\SQLiteExtLoad.au3"(21,40) : error: $g_hDll_SQLite: undeclared global variable. Local $RetVal = DllCall($g_hDll_SQLite, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^ So I tried, copying the function to my file and changing the DLL variable ($g_hDll_SQLite) directly to the DLL location (C:\...\.. .dll), but now this error fires
      If __SQLite_hChk($hConn, 1) Then Return SetError(@error, 0, $SQLITE_MISUSE) To be honest, I don't know what to use as the $hConn - handle of connection.
      I would appreciate any help, be it getting the median using SQLite queries or getting the DLL extension loaded using AutoIt.
      Thanks, S.

EDIT: well, I suspect the $hConn variable refers to the return value of the _SQLite_Open function. Well, at least now _SQLite_EnableExtensions doesn't give errors. Now I run into problems with _SQLite_LoadExtension, which gives error -1, and extended 1. Apparently the 1 constant is a generic error where other error do not apply.
      BTW, anybody knows whether I need to compile the extension DLL "into" x64 when I use a x64 SQLite? That might be the problem...

EDIT2: I recompiled the dll and tried it using the SQLite3.exe and it works, so I'm confident the extension DLL has been created correctly

• AdamUL
      By AdamUL
      I have been testing AutoIt 3.3.14.3 with SQLite, and the Help File examples.  The examples that I have tested are throwing errors or not doing anything.  I have sqlite3.dll, sqlite3_x64.dll, and sqlite3.exe in the directories with the testing script.  I am copying the examples directly from the help file into a test script for testing with no edits.  The _SQLite_GetTable2d example is returning an error ("Library used incorrectly") with each _SQLite_Exec command.  The _SQLite_FastEncode example returns an empty dialog box.  The _SQLite_Exec example only prints out the SQLite version, and nothing else in the SciTE console.  Currently, I'm still searching for what is causing this issue.  I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit.  Is anyone else having this issue?  

Adam