Sign in to follow this  
ihudson

How do I add variables to a sqlite SELECT statement?

ihudson

I'm just learning sqlite3 forgive me if my concepts are not right, anyway I'm trying to add two variables to a SELECT statement:

The variables would be $start and $end that the user would choose from a Combobox. The database holds 1 table (Distances) that has the distances between two locations ($start and $end).

In the code that follows (if possible) how can I place $start where "Midlothian MS" is and $end where "School Board" is in the Select statement? I've tried several types of concatenation but no joy.

Here is the schema:

CREATE TABLE fulldata (id integer primary key autoincrement, Start text,End text

,Distance integer);

_SQLite_Startup()
ConsoleWrite("_SQLite_LibVersion=" & _SQLite_LibVersion() & @CRLF)
_SQLite_Open('distance.db') ; open Database
_SQLite_QuerySingleRow(-1, "SELECT distance FROM fulldata WHERE Start = 'Midlothian MS' AND End = 'School Board';", $aRow)

_SQLite_Close()
_SQLite_Shutdown()
While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
Case $Button1
MsgBox(0, "The distance is:",$aRow[0])
Case $Button2
_ArrayToClip($aRow, 0) ;send result to clipboard

EndSwitch
WEnd

Thanks for your help,

ihudson

kylomas

ihudson,

Something like this should work

_SQLite_QuerySingleRow(-1, "SELECT distance FROM fulldata WHERE Start = '" & $start & "' AND End = '" & $end & "';", $aRow)

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

jchd

Safer version:

_SQLite_QuerySingleRow(-1, "SELECT distance FROM fulldata WHERE Start = " & _SQLite_FastEscape($start) & " AND End = " & _SQLite_FastEscape($end) & ";", $aRow)
Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

MvGulik

_SQLiteFastEscape() _SQLite_FastEscape()

[edit: fixed.]

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

jchd

Correct, thanks.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• CarlD
      By CarlD
      Is there a reliable way to ensure that data assigned to variables in a script is overwritten or deleted when the script exits? I have scripts that encrypt/decrypt data and would like to ensure, if possible, that the encryption keys and decrypted data do not stay in memory after the script exits. Thanks.
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Guys,
      Is it possible to get a variable on your For..Next loop? 

Local $Lines1 = _FileCountLines(C:\temp\test.txt) Local $linesToCount2 = $Lines1 + 2 $var = Number($linesToCount2) For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead2) Step 1 For $i = $var To $count Next ;Code does stuff here Next Somehow my code doesn't work even though I thought I could convert the variable to a Integer / Number.
      This code I posted above does not move to the next value.
      But the code below does... why is that?
      For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead2) Step 1 For $i = 2 To $count Next ;Code does stuff here Next  
      Why is the For loop resetting itself?
      Is it because the program does not cache the variable and needs to keep on acquiring this variable each time?
      If so , how would you make this variable static?

• ShakeelAhmad
      By ShakeelAhmad
      I've to upload different number of photos online in different assignments. There is a problem that all photos cannot be selected at once to upload. I have to choose and upload photos one by one. For this purpose I have made a script to automate whatever I have to do manually for choosing and uploading photos one by one.
      Please see my script below and check the last "MouseClick" command. This command clicks the button to choose and upload next photo. The problem I'm facing is; the last "MouseClick" works 1 step extra when all photos have been selected and uploaded. I mean if 7 photos are to be uploaded, this command opens the box from where next photo is selected and uploaded then it again opens the box and next photo is choosen and so on.... when last photo is selected and uploaded, this button once again opens the box. When all photos are uploaded, it should not click the button to select next photo. Please suggest how can I resolve this issue.
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> Sleep(200) HotKeySet("{ESC}","Quit") ;Press ESC key to quit Send("{ALT DOWN}") Send("{TAB}") Send("{ALT UP}") Sleep(200) Local $photos = InputBox("Question", "How many photos to upload?", "#", "", _ - 1, -1, 0, 0) ; How many photos to upload Local $selector = 0 While $photos <> $selector MouseClick("Left", 281, 238, 1) ; mouse click on very first photo in the box. if $selector = 0 Then Send("{ENTER}") ; for selecting very first photo from "open" window. Sleep(800) Else sleep(200) Send("{RIGHT " & $selector & "}") ; for selecting 2nd to onward photos from "open" window. sleep(1000) Send("{ENTER}") sleep(1000) EndIf MouseClick("Left", 495, 198, 1) ; for clicking a button to choose next photo to upload $selector = $selector + 1 WEnd Beep(1500, 300) ; beep when all photos uploaded Exit Regards,

Shakeel
    • Eminence
      By Eminence
      Hello,
      Using SQLite, I was trying to select a specific column with having duplicate entries removed by using the DISTINCT function. 
      Local $sQuery = "SELECT DISTINCT supervisor, COUNT(DISTINCT employee_name) FROM data_db What the above snippet does is just list only one supervisor but with the total count of unique employee names in the whole database when it should be listing out all supervisor entries from the database and list the total count of employees per each supervisors. If I remove the COUNT function, it does list out all unique entries of supervisor names from the list. Attached is a screenshot of an example database as well. 
      Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you!

• Seminko
      By Seminko
      Hey,
      I have a script that uses SQLite. It worked without a hiccup on my W7 system.
      However, last week I bought a new machine, installed W10 and autoit, and now I'm getting an error during _SQLite_Startup.
      Can anyone advise on how to find what's wrong? Tried checking $__g_hPrintCallback_SQLite but that returns nothing.

Tried downloading the latest version of the dll from the link in the function page and I also replaced the default SQLite.dll.au3 that came with AutoIt with the one that came with the latest SQLite version zip.

Relevant parts of my script:
      #include <SQLite.au3> #include <SQLite.dll.au3> _SQLite_Startup(@ScriptDir & "\Config\sqlite3_x64.dll", False, 1) If @error Then MsgBox(16, "SQLite Error", "SQLite3.dll Can't be Loaded! - " & $__g_hPrintCallback_SQLite & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Exiting application / Zavolej Honzovi") Exit -1 EndIf  
      Thanks
      S.