Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonBMN

Trying to get GUI as topmost window(SOLVED)

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm trying to make a GUI window that I have created as the topmost window even when other programs pop up such as AIM, notepad, etc. I've tried GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNORMAL, $GUIhandle), GUICtrlSetStyle($GUIhandle,, $WS_EX_TOPMOST).

None of these seem to work or I must be doing something a little off; I've got these inside a loop that constantly runs when the GUI window is running; any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. Thank you Melba.

Edited by JonBMN

Maybe something in thread might help?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Couldn't really decipher anything that would help me out in the situation I'm in. To go a little more in depth I'm trying to make this GUI window the topmost window even when other topmost windows pop up. Then it will be the topmost window even if 6 windows popped up infront of it it will still get put into the front from the loop.

Edited by JonBMN

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

I figured it out; I used WinActivate($GUIhandle) function in my loop and it did the trick. Thanks for the help BrewManNH I appreciate it.

P.S. Can be marked as solved.

Edited by JonBMN

JohnBMN,

You can do that yourself by editing the first post and selecting the "Use Full Editor" option to unlock the title as well. ;)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area