Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lilx

Installation script with .msi's

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am currently working on a script to install a driver for a cardreader system and a software package both wrapped in a separate .msi package so that I can install them silently.

Until now I only have been focusing on the fundamental element of installing the drivers. And testing it on 2 vm’s which are Windows XP & 7 32bit (not using 64x). With the code that I am currently using it does work on Windows XP but on windows 7 I keep getting the following error when the script executes the .msi

ERROR_INSTALL_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED 1619

I know this is a rights issue but what I can’t understand is that I am executing the script as a system Administrator account, I also tried to push this the script with a management software we have. The management software runs the scripts it pushes under SYSTEM account with the same results.

My question is if some of you have some experience with this or maybe have some hints/examples how to approach this.

Here is what i have until now for the installation.

; Script Start - Add your code below here
FileInstall("C:\VM_SHARE\Omnikeydriver.msi", "C:\Omnikeydriver.msi", 1) ; HID_OMNIKEY3x21_x86_R1_2_6_5.msi
FileInstall("C:\VM_SHARE\SafeSign.msi", "C:\SafeSign.msi", 1) ; SafeSign-Identity-Client-3.0.40-admin.msi

$InstallDriver = ShellExecuteWait("msiexec.exe", '/i "C:\Omnikeydriver.msi" /q /norestart')
MsgBox ( 48, "Omnikey", "Return Value: " & $InstallDriver )

$InstallSafeSign = ShellExecuteWait("msiexec.exe", '/i "C:\SafeSign.msi" /q /norestart')
MsgBox ( 48, "Omnikey", "Return Value: " & $InstallSafeSign )

ConsoleWrite ( $InstallDriver & @CRLF & $InstallSafeSign )

MSI error code 1619 states the package could not be opened, typically due to the file not being where it should be. This is typical of trying to copy to the root of C: on Win7. A couple of things you could try:

• Place #RequireAdmin at the top of your script
  • Choose a different destination for your FileInstall, like @TempDir.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• careca
      By careca
      Hey there, im looking for a way to build something similar to winrar sfx archives.
      My idea is to somehow pack files into the exe (maybe fileinstall)
      and be able to extract each one to a specific folder if needed.
      Now here's the tricky part, i can't think of a way to update only part of the files like i do in winrar.
      And it would require some work with command line to be able to somehow get a list of the files packed in, and extract one for example.
      Does anyone know of any way to accomplish this? Also, fileinstall that can use variables would be nice.
      Best regards.
    • Vijaya7890
      By Vijaya7890
      Hi...
      I am trying to add a record in Binary Table in an MSI file.
      As Binary table has two fields/columns Name &Data , I am giving any string for Name(column 1) and streaming binary data from a VBS file into Data(column 2) .
      I have tried with VB script and it is working fine,
      Here is the VB Script file
      Dim Installer Dim Database Dim View Dim Record Dim query query="INSERT INTO `Binary` (`Name`, `Data`) VALUES ('NewBlob', ?)" Set Installer = CreateObject("WindowsInstaller.Installer") Set Record = Installer.CreateRecord(1) Record.SetStream 1, "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\coder\CA_Test.vbs" Set Database = Installer.OpenDatabase("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7z920.msi", 1) Set View = Database.OpenView(query) View.Execute Record Database.Commit when i tried the same thing in autoit it is not working and it is not giving any syntax error.
      AutoIt file: 
      #include <File.au3> $idVarInput_CAName="CA_Test" $filepath="C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\coder\CA_Test.vbs" $idVarInput_MSIPath="C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7z920.msi" $value="?" Local $Query = "INSERT INTO Binary(Name,Data) VALUES('" & $idVarInput_CAName & "','" & $value & "')" $oInstaller = ObjCreate("WindowsInstaller.Installer") $oRec=$oInstaller.CreateRecord(1) $r=$oRec.SetStream(1,$filepath) $oDB = $oInstaller.OpenDataBase($idVarInput_MSIPath,1) $oView = $oDB.OpenView($Query) $oView.Execute($oRec) $oDB.commit() Please Help!
      Thanks...
    • Jfish
      By Jfish
      Hello all.  I was playing around with encrypt.au3 and thought it would be neat to build an executable that could extract and decrypt an encrypted file (sort of like an option in PGP if you have ever used that before).  I had to think on the issue of installing the file in the exe because you can't use variable path names.  The approach I came up with may not be the best - others may have much better ideas - but I thought I would share it nonetheless in case anyone finds it interesting.
      ;********************************************* ; Example script ; ENCRYPT A FILE INTO A SELF-EXTRACTING EXE ; by: JFish ; ;******************************************** #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Crypt.au3> ; will be used for the encryption #include <File.au3> ; will be used to manipulate au3 file before we compile #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Users\RC01712\Documents\Scripts\Encrypt Tool\encrypt_GUI.kxf $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 657, 244, 192, 132) $sourceInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 144, 48, 337, 24) $sourceBtn = GUICtrlCreateButton("Browse", 40, 48, 89, 25) $encryptBtn = GUICtrlCreateButton("Encrypt", 224, 128, 145, 33) $passwordInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 144, 80, 337, 24) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Password", 40, 80, 73, 24) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $decryptBtn = GUICtrlCreateButton("Decrypt", 224, 176, 145, 33) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### ; var declaration for global scope dim $sourceFile, $password, $filename, $filenameRoot, $fileExtension, $publicEncFileNameFullPath, $publicEncFileName ; select a source file that we want to encrypt func _selectFile() GUICtrlSetData($sourceInput,"") $filename="" $sourceFile=FileOpenDialog("Please select a file to encrypt",@ScriptDir,"All (*.*)") $dirLen=stringlen(@WorkingDir)+1 ;grab the file name $filename=StringTrimLeft($sourceFile,$dirLen) local $firstDot=stringinstr($filename,".",0,-1) ;grab the file root name without the extension $filenameRoot=stringtrimright($filename,stringlen($filename)-$firstDot+1) ;grab the file extension $fileExtension=stringtrimleft($filename,$firstDot-1) ;MsgBox("","",$fileExtension) GUICtrlSetData($sourceInput,$sourceFile) EndFunc func _encrypt() $password = GUICtrlRead($passwordInput) if $password="" then MsgBox("","","please enter a password") EndIf ; encrypt the file NOTE: method in example of AES 256 is hard coded $result =_Crypt_EncryptFile($sourceFile,@ScriptDir&"\"&$filenameRoot&"_enc"&$fileExtension,$password,$CALG_AES_256) ; if the encryptions works ... if $result=True Then ; set the full path name to the file including the new "_enc" showing that it is encrypted $publicEncFileNameFullPath=@ScriptDir&"\"&$filenameRoot&"_enc"&$fileExtension ; setr the name of the encrypted file without the path $publicEncFileName=$filenameRoot&"_enc"&$fileExtension ; call the function to create the exe _createEXE($publicEncFileName,$publicEncFileName) else MsgBox("","","encryption error") EndIf MsgBox("","Encrypt status",$result) EndFunc func _createEXE($publicEncFileNameFullPath,$publicEncFileName) ;***************************************************************** ; This functions writes an au3 file that will get compiled and become our ; 'self extracting' encrypted file and program to decrypt ; The biggest issue is embedding the encrypted file with fileinstall ; b/c it does not take variable path names ;****************************************************************** ; craete an INI file with the full path name and file name of the encrypted file IniWrite(@ScriptDir&"\temp.ini","filedata","filename",$publicEncFileName) IniWrite(@ScriptDir&"\temp.ini","filedata","filepath",@ScriptDir&"\"&$publicEncFileName) ; stuff our au3 script into a variable called "wrapper" ; NOTE: there are two spots called "REPLACEME" and "REPLACEFILENAME" that will get replaced with ini text $wrapper='#include <Crypt.au3>'&@crlf& _ 'local $readFileName="REPLACEFILENAME"'&@crlf& _ 'MsgBox("","",$readFileName)'&@crlf& _ 'if FileExists(@ScriptDir&"\"&$readFileName) Then'&@crlf& _ 'Else'&@crlf& _ 'FileInstall("REPLACEME",@ScriptDir&"\"&$readFileName,1)'&@crlf& _ 'EndIf'&@crlf& _ '$passkey=InputBox("Please enter the decryption password","PASSWORD","","*",400,150)' &@crlf& _ 'local $newfilename=stringreplace($readFileName,"_enc","_dec")'&@crlf& _ '$firstDot=stringinstr($readFileName,".",0,-1)'&@crlf& _ '$fileExtension=stringtrimleft($readFileName,$firstDot-1)'&@crlf& _ 'if _Crypt_DecryptFile($readFileName, @ScriptDir&"\"&$newfilename&$fileExtension, $passkey, $CALG_AES_256) Then'&@crlf& _ 'Else'&@crlf& _ ' MsgBox("","","invalid password")'&@crlf& _ ' Exit'&@crlf& _ 'EndIf' ; open a new file for our "standalone" decryption program $tempFile=fileopen(@ScriptDir&"\standalone.au3",2) FileWrite($tempFile,$wrapper) FileClose($tempFile) ;after the au3 file is created read in the filename of the file to install and replace the text $readFileName=IniRead(@ScriptDir&"\temp.ini","filedata","filename","decryptedfile.txt") _ReplaceStringInFile (@ScriptDir&"\standalone.au3", "REPLACEFILENAME",$readFileName) ; after the au3 file is created read in the full path of the file to install and replace the text in au3 local $readFilePath=IniRead(@ScriptDir&"\temp.ini","filedata","filepath","default") _ReplaceStringInFile (@ScriptDir&"\standalone.au3", "REPLACEME",$readFilePath) ;compile the au3 file into an executable using the command line ShellExecuteWait("Aut2exe.exe"," /in standalone.au3 /out "&$filenameRoot&".exe",@ScriptDir) ;delete the temporary au3 file FileDelete(@ScriptDir&"\standalone.au3") EndFunc ;************************************************* ; This function will decrypt the file from the UI ; used to create the encrypted file (make sure you ; select the new name with the _enc first ;************************************************ func _decrypt() $password = GUICtrlRead($passwordInput) if $password="" then MsgBox("","","please enter a password") EndIf local $newfilename=stringreplace($filenameRoot,"_enc","_dec") $result=_Crypt_DecryptFile($sourceFile, @ScriptDir&"\"&$newfilename&$fileExtension, $password, $CALG_AES_256) MsgBox("","decrypt status",$result) EndFunc While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg case $sourceBtn _selectFile() case $encryptBtn _encrypt() case $decryptBtn _decrypt() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd  
      encrypt2exe.au3
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello!
      If FileInstall('image.png', @ScriptDir) = 0 Then MsgBox(0, "Unexcepted Error", "Damaged file") Exit Will it make any difference if the file was unable to extract?
    • Graeme
      By Graeme
      Hi,
      I have a very simple line in a complex script.
      If Not FileInstall("Thunderbird update.jpg",$ScriptTargetDir,1) Then SplashOff() MsgBox(0x10,$UpdateID,"Update failed - could not install Thunderbird update.jpg in " & $ScriptTargetDir) Exit(0) EndIf Every time I try to compile this script I get the message:

But the file Thunderbird update.jpg exists in the same directory as the script. I tried making it a bmp like the example in the help file - no difference. I tried ".Thunderbird update.jpg" and I tried making it "ThunderbirdUpdate.jpg" gettting rid of the space.
      The destination file is defined as well.
      The error message from SciTE isn't very helpful -
      >"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "U:Documents5 GraemeQAupdate2_2_0.au3"
      +>17:38:08 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.4.4 SciTE v.3.3.7.0 ;  Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
      -> No changes made..
      >Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3
      +>17:38:11 AU3Check ended.rc:0
      >Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\aut2exe_x64.exe  /in "U:Documents5 GraemeQAupdate2_2_0.au3" /out "C:UsersGraemeAppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3tngpptu.exe" /nopack /comp 4
      !>17:38:21 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build. (C:UsersGraemeAppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3tngpptu.exe)rc:9999
      +>17:38:21 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished..
      >Exit code: 0    Time: 13.756
      Any ideas as to what the problem is would be very appreciated.
      Blessings
      Graeme