Sign in to follow this  
Vijaya7890

How to create a new record in Binary Table in MSI

Hi...

I am trying to add a record in Binary Table in an MSI file.

As Binary table has two fields/columns Name &Data , I am giving any string for Name(column 1) and streaming binary data from a VBS file into Data(column 2) .

I have tried with VB script and it is working fine,

Here is the VB Script file

Dim Installer
Dim Database
Dim View
Dim Record
Dim query
query="INSERT INTO `Binary` (`Name`, `Data`) VALUES ('NewBlob', ?)"
Set Installer = CreateObject("WindowsInstaller.Installer")

Set Record = Installer.CreateRecord(1)
Record.SetStream 1, "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\coder\CA_Test.vbs"

Set Database = Installer.OpenDatabase("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7z920.msi", 1)

Set View = Database.OpenView(query)
View.Execute Record
Database.Commit

when i tried the same thing in autoit it is not working and it is not giving any syntax error.

AutoIt file: 

#include <File.au3>

$idVarInput_CAName="CA_Test"
$filepath="C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\coder\CA_Test.vbs"
$idVarInput_MSIPath="C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7z920.msi"
$value="?"

Local $Query = "INSERT INTO Binary(Name,Data) VALUES('" & $idVarInput_CAName & "','" & $value & "')"

$oInstaller = ObjCreate("WindowsInstaller.Installer")
$oRec=$oInstaller.CreateRecord(1)
$r=$oRec.SetStream(1,$filepath)
$oDB = $oInstaller.OpenDataBase($idVarInput_MSIPath,1)
$oView = $oDB.OpenView($Query)
$oView.Execute($oRec)
$oDB.commit()

Please Help!

Thanks...

3 hours ago, Vijaya7890 said:

Hi...

I am trying to add a record in Binary Table in an MSI file.

As Binary table has two fields/columns Name &Data , I am giving any string for Name(column 1) and streaming binary data from a VBS file into Data(column 2) .

I have tried with VB script and it is working fine,

Here is the VB Script file

Dim Installer
Dim Database
Dim View
Dim Record
Dim query
query="INSERT INTO `Binary` (`Name`, `Data`) VALUES ('NewBlob', ?)"
Set Installer = CreateObject("WindowsInstaller.Installer")

Set Record = Installer.CreateRecord(1)
Record.SetStream 1, "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\coder\CA_Test.vbs"

Set Database = Installer.OpenDatabase("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7z920.msi", 1)

Set View = Database.OpenView(query)
View.Execute Record
Database.Commit

when i tried the same thing in autoit it is not working and it is not giving any syntax error.

AutoIt file: 

#include <File.au3>

$idVarInput_CAName="CA_Test"
$filepath="C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\coder\CA_Test.vbs"
$idVarInput_MSIPath="C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\7z920.msi"
$value="?"

Local $Query = "INSERT INTO Binary(Name,Data) VALUES('" & $idVarInput_CAName & "','" & $value & "')"

$oInstaller = ObjCreate("WindowsInstaller.Installer")
$oRec=$oInstaller.CreateRecord(1)
$r=$oRec.SetStream(1,$filepath)
$oDB = $oInstaller.OpenDataBase($idVarInput_MSIPath,1)
$oView = $oDB.OpenView($Query)
$oView.Execute($oRec)
$oDB.commit()

Please Help!

Thanks...

Change the query line as below

Local $Query = "INSERT INTO `Binary`(`Name`,`Data`) VALUES('" & $idVarInput_CAName & "'," & $value & ")"

In your code... is surrounded by single quotes as '?'.So your query isn't able to be parsed.

I removed only the single quote part...it is working..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FUD
      hello 
      please i need help 
      i need to open link in default browser only one windows without duplicate if i try to open the same link 

thanks 
    • By YogendraAtluri
      Hi, 
      I am new to AutoIT scripting and I am still learning. I am trying to communicate with a Labview application that acts like a server. it basically takes commands from the client. But for some commands, it also send back some data. 
      When i am sending commands from my script, i can see that the labview is getting them. But i am not able to get anything back. I tried different code pieces that are available online in the forum.
      This is the working piece of code which i been using to send data.
      #cs This module is used to establish tcp connection with lab view #ce #include <File.au3> Func SendCmd($cmd) TCPStartup() Local $IpAddress="192.168.10.101" Local $Port="5353" $Labview = TCPConnect($IpAddress,$Port) If @error Then ConsoleWrite('!--> TCPConnect error number ( ' & @error & ' ).' & @CRLF) TCPCloseSocket($Labview) TCPShutdown() Exit EndIf TCPSend($Labview, $cmd & @CRLF) TCPCloseSocket($Labview) TCPShutdown() EndFunc SendCmd("wt42d")  
      This is slightly modified code to send and receive data, which is not working. I am not getting any response back
      SendCmd("galil") Func SendCmd($cmd) TCPStartup() Local $IpAddress="192.168.10.101" Local $Port="5353" $Labview = TCPConnect($IpAddress,$Port) If @error Then ConsoleWrite('!--> TCPConnect error number ( ' & @error & ' ).' & @CRLF) TCPCloseSocket($Labview) TCPShutdown() Exit EndIf TCPSend($Labview, $cmd & @CRLF) $ip = @IPAddress1 ;create listening socket $Listensocket = TCPListen($ip, $Port) ConsoleWrite("Listening to Socket - " & $Listensocket & @CRLF) If $Listensocket = -1 Then ConsoleWrite("Exiting..." & @CRLF) Exit EndIf ;Accept incoming clients and recieve info While 1 $connectedsocket = TCPAccept($Listensocket) ConsoleWrite("Connecting to Socket - " & $connectedsocket & "Error -" & @error & @CRLF) If $ConnectedSocket >= 0 Then $ip2 = TCPRecv($connectedsocket,1000000) EndIf WEnd TCPCloseSocket($connectedsocket) TCPCloseSocket($Labview) TCPShutdown() EndFunc I am not getting anything back. I am getting the following output in the console
      +>Setting Hotkeys...--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+BREAK to Stop. Listening to Socket - 544 Connecting to Socket - -1Error -0 Connecting to Socket - -1Error -0 Connecting to Socket - -1Error -0 Connecting to Socket - -1Error -0 Connecting to Socket - -1Error -0 Connecting to Socket - -1Error -0 Connecting to Socket - -1Error -0 Connecting to Socket - -1Error -0 Connecting to Socket - -1Error -0 its going through that loop forever. i need to force stop it.
      But when i open putty and send the same command, i am getting response right away. 
      Can someone please help me with that.
      Thanks in advance
      Regards
      Yogendra
    • By Bhooshan
      I need to mute an ongoing call on Microsoft teams without activating the window. Teams allows us to mute using shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+m but only when the window is active.
      # Used set option as ongoing call can be with any person which leads to change in Title Name.
      AutoItSetOption ( "WinTitleMatchMode", 2 ) 
      # I am not clear with the control ID which will be good to use here and also the key combination of ^M       
      ControlSend ( "Microsoft Teams", "", "[CLASS:Intermediate D3D Window; INSTANCE:1]", "{ctrl down}")

Can anyone help...!!! 

• By Sayed
      Hi there, 
      I'm new in AutoIt forms and using AutoIt to automate desktop application (able to automate the application normally but facing issue when I've to re-run the application twice within the same script...so need help in this please)
      here is the steps then followed by the issue in a brief : 
      1- run application . 
      2- do some actions (click menus,activate windows,set texts..)
      3- close the application. 
      4- run the application again & access the same controls.
      5- open the same windows again (like step 2)
      6- perform some validations (by getting texts from some text boxes)
      7- close the application again (and repeat 1-7 for 15 times in average )
      The issue 
      * all controls are accessible in the first run and actions done successfully on controls (for steps 1-3) BUT from the second run of the application from step-4 it's able to set focus only the main application window.
      Note: only unique properties used to while mapping the controls. 
      Error that appear in the console :
      UIAWrappers.au3" (1673) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.: $x = Int($t[1] + ($t[3] / 2)) $x = Int($t[1] + (^ ERROR  
      Simple spy code  of one of the controls that has this strange issue(menubar&view menu Item): 
      ;~ *** Standard code maintainable *** #include "UIAWrappers.au3" AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1) _UIA_setVar("oP1","Title:=XXX;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app") ;main app form xxx _UIA_setVar("oP2","Title:=menuStrip1;controltype:=UIA_MenuBarControlTypeId;class:=WindowsForms10.Window.8.app") ;menuStrip1 ;~ $oUIElement=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll("View.mainwindow", "title:=View;ControlType:=UIA_MenuItemControlTypeId", $treescope_subtree) _UIA_setVar("oUIElement","Title:=View;controltype:=UIA_MenuItemControlTypeId;class:=") ;ControlType:=UIA_MenuItemControlTypeId;classname:=") ;~ Actions split away from logical/technical definition above can come from configfiles ;~_UIA_Action("oP1","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP1","setfocus") ;~_UIA_Action("oP2","highlight") _UIA_Action("oP2","setfocus") _UIA_action("oUIElement","highlight") ;~_UIA_action("oUIElement","click")  

• By HenryJiu
      Hello!
      I have a question , about Mac and Autoit3.
      I want to convert my script to Mac App,but Aut2Exe just convert to EXE!
      So I asked if there was a way to convert scripts to MAC App
      My English isn't very good,so don't laugh please😃