Command line based player with gapless/seamless playback of Video, pictures and flash is it possible in autoit?

Hello

I have been looking for a command line based program that can take a list of Videoclips, pictures and flash and then display them with gapless/seamless playback so that no black screen is shown between the clips, pictures and flash at all. You should ideally be able to control the time for example a picture is shown.

I have googled quite abit and there seems to be no solutions available.

There are solutions like converting everything to one big large movie and then use seamless looping with ffplay -loop 0 namneofmovie.mp4. But that is not optimal.

Hello i am wondering if it is possible to create a command line based player in Autoit that can take a list of videoclips, pictures and flash (swf) files and then use gapless / seamless playback to play them in fullscreen without any annoying black screen between clips, pictures and flash.

I know it is possible to seamlessly loop a clip without black gaps in ffplay with parameters -loop 0 nameoffile.mp4.

But then you need to create a large file with all video clips, pictures and flash joined together.

So is this possible in Autoit? It seems hard find much information about this subject i guess not many have a use for it.

Why have you posted the same question here? Seems quite similar to this:

If you making two topics, you will not receive a faster response ;)

Hi!

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

I use Irfan View for some of what you seek ... with paths in a text file (like a playlist).

Perhaps you can tailor it to do what you want .... maybe with some AutoIt scripting to help with timing.

With that latter, you could really adapt many programs, not just Irfan View.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• Moderators

fusion400,

Please stick to just the one topic in future - I have merged them this time. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Why have you posted the same question here? Seems quite similar to this:

If you making two topics, you will not receive a faster response ;)

Hi!

Hello i made that post because maybe there is a solution that is not autoit based.

I have some kind of plan now on how this maybe can be done.

I need a player that opens automatically in fullscreen that you can set to stop immidiately when it starts. There should also be a window title that you can lock onto.

So you open lets say three fullscreen windows. And then you use winactivate to switch between this screens just before the clip is played to the end so you don't see the black screen. You also start the clip in the background just before the other clip in the foreground is finished.

Is this possible or does anyone know of a more efficient way to do it?

Hopefully this is something you want to script yourself, obviously with a little help at various stages?

VLC Media Player is a good place to start, and if I remember correctly, someone here recently added a UDF for VLC.

The sooner you start crafting some code, the sooner you will get assistance ... that's my advice anyway, as most here, help those who help themselves. :graduated:

If you do something like embed VLC in a GUI, then you should be able to do pretty much what you want, with fine control.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png