Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meisandy

Clearing cookies/sessions in _IECreateEmbedded()

9 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm trying to write a small program that automatically logs on to a website using a username and password provided and screenshots the front page (I've checked and this is not against the site's rules).

I have the script working using _IECreateEmbedded(), however for some reason the user stays logged in on the website even after I restart my machine. I will be creating a way to actually sign out of the website as well, however to me this implies that some where cookies/sessions are being stored which I do not wish to happed. So is there any way I can flush the cookies/sessions created by the IE instance or something?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Maybe this :

$oIE = _IECreateEmbedded( ...

;dostuff

$oIE.document.cookie = "" ;clear the cookies
Br, FireFox.

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

Hi FireFox. Thank you for your answer but unfortunately I've had no luck - I'm still signed in when I restart the script, even if I put it after the object is created, and at the end of the script. :/

oh. I hope someone more experienced than me on this subject will have a look on your topic.

Br, FireFox.

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

A thought - Try to change the expiration date of each cookie you want to delete to now.

A thought - Try to change the expiration date of each cookie you want to delete to now.

I am not in control of the cookies unfortunately - unless you can do this from within AutoIt, in which case I don't know how.

The cookies may have the same name. You can get them with the $oIE.document.cookie

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

Is there any way that I could output the contents of the $oIE object so that I can check what cookies are actually stored in there because I've tried setting all the cookie names I can think of to 0 and I am still signed in. Unfortunately when I tried just making $oIE.document = "" I received an error saying that the requested action had failed. I just don't understand because surely the variable is overwritten every time the the script starts anyway and so the contents would be discarded!?

Also I can't see that it has much to do with the actual browser because I've just checked on both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer 64-bit and I'm not signed into the website on either of them.

Edited by meisandy

I'm kind of coming to the conclusion that there is no actual answer to my problem.

Fortunately I no longer require this piece of code but if anyone can figure it out, I'd still like to mark the topic as solved :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• jonson1986
      By jonson1986
      Hey,
      I'm trying to select language from drop-down menu on a webpage by _IEGetObjById but it's  not working, It mean autoit open the page but unable to select my desired value not even by matching text or by value, I'm looking for kind help...I've pastes my Autoit codes below along with source codes(using ie) of the webpage ;
      #include <IE.au3> $site = "http://example.com/upload" $oIE = _IECreate($site) $oDownloadSamples = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "language") $oDownloadSamplesSelect = _IETagNameGetCollection($oDownloadSamples, "select", "language") $oDownloadSamplesSelect.focus _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oDownloadSamplesSelect, "French", 1, "byText") Sleep (1000) _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oDownloadSamplesSelect, "2", 1, "byValue") HTML Codes using IE:
      <html> <head> <div class="form-row"> <div class="col-7"> <label>Language</label> <select name="language" class="select" id="language"> <option value="1">English</option> <option value="2">French</option> <option value="3">German</option> <option value="4">Italian</option> <option value="5">Japanese</option> <option value="6">Spanish</option> <option value="7">Russian</option> <option value="8">Hindi</option> <option value="9">Arabic</option> <option value="10">Chinese</option> <option value="11">Dutch</option> <option value="12">Finnish</option> <option value="13">Korean</option> <option value="14">Norwegian</option> <option value="15">Portuguese</option> <option value="16">Romanian</option> <option value="17">Serbian</option> <option value="18">Croatian</option> <option value="20">Polish</option> <option value="21">Afar</option> <option value="22">Abkhazian</option> <option value="23">Afrikaans</option> <option value="24">Amharic</option> <option value="25">Assamese</option> <option value="26">Aymara</option> <option value="27">Azerbaijani</option> <option value="28">Bashkir</option> <option value="29">Belarusian</option> <option value="30">Bulgarian</option> <option value="31">Bihari</option> <option value="32">Bislama</option> <option value="33">Bengali/Bangla</option> <option value="34">Tibetan</option> <option value="35">Breton</option> <option value="36">Catalan</option> <option value="37">Corsican</option> <option value="38">Czech</option> <option value="39">Welsh</option> <option value="40">Danish</option> <option value="41">Bhutani</option> <option value="42">Greek</option> <option value="43">Esperanto</option> <option value="44">Estonian</option> <option value="45">Basque</option> <option value="46">Persian</option> <option value="47">Fiji</option> <option value="48">Faeroese</option> <option value="49">Frisian</option> <option value="50">Irish</option> <option value="51">Scots/Gaelic</option> <option value="52">Galician</option> <option value="53">Guarani</option> <option value="54">Gujarati</option> <option value="55">Hausa</option> <option value="56">Hungarian</option> <option value="57">Armenian</option> <option value="58">Interlingua</option> <option value="59">Interlingue</option> <option value="60">Inupiak</option> <option value="61">Indonesian</option> <option value="62">Icelandic</option> <option value="63">Hebrew</option> <option value="64">Yiddish</option> <option value="65">Javanese</option> <option value="66">Georgian</option> <option value="67">Kazakh</option> <option value="68">Greenlandic</option> <option value="69">Cambodian</option> <option value="70">Kannada</option> <option value="71">Kashmiri</option> <option value="72">Kurdish</option> <option value="73">Kirghiz</option> <option value="74">Latin</option> <option value="75">Lingala</option> <option value="76">Laothian</option> <option value="77">Lithuanian</option> <option value="78">Latvian/Lettish</option> <option value="79">Malagasy</option> <option value="80">Maori</option> <option value="81">Macedonian</option> <option value="82">Malayalam</option> <option value="83">Mongolian</option> <option value="84">Moldavian</option> <option value="85">Marathi</option> <option value="86">Malay</option> <option value="87">Maltese</option> <option value="88">Burmese</option> <option value="89">Nauru</option> <option value="90">Nepali</option> <option value="91">Occitan</option> <option value="92">(Afan)/Oromoor/Oriya</option> <option value="93">Punjabi</option> <option value="94">Pashto/Pushto</option> <option value="95">Quechua</option> <option value="96">Rhaeto-Romance</option> <option value="97">Kirundi</option> <option value="98">Kinyarwanda</option> <option value="99">Sanskrit</option> <option value="100">Sindhi</option> <option value="101">Sangro</option> <option value="102">Serbo-Croatian</option> <option value="103">Singhalese</option> <option value="104">Slovak</option> <option value="105">Slovenian</option> <option value="106">Samoan</option> <option value="107">Shona</option> <option value="108">Somali</option> <option value="109">Albanian</option> <option value="110">Siswati</option> <option value="111">Sesotho</option> <option value="112">Sundanese</option> <option value="113">Swedish</option> <option value="114">Swahili</option> <option value="115">Tamil</option> <option value="116">Telugu</option> <option value="117">Tajik</option> <option value="118">Thai</option> <option value="119">Tigrinya</option> <option value="120">Turkmen</option> <option value="121">Tagalog</option> <option value="122">Setswana</option> <option value="123">Tonga</option> <option value="124">Turkish</option> <option value="125">Tsonga</option> <option value="126">Tatar</option> <option value="127">Twi</option> <option value="128">Ukrainian</option> <option value="129">Urdu</option> <option value="130">Uzbek</option> <option value="131">Vietnamese</option> <option value="132">Volapuk</option> <option value="133">Wolof</option> <option value="134">Xhosa</option> <option value="135">Yoruba</option> <option value="136">Zulu</option> <option value="19">Other</option> </select> </div> </main> </body> </html>  
    • kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I am trying to script the opening of multiple tabs in IE with each tab having a separate login/password. I have been able to make a successful script that will open 3 separate IE sessions with the correct webpage and login or a script that will open 3 tabs in one session (which I want) but will not login. I have tried _IECreate, IEAttach etc. This is the script I am currently using . 
      #include <IE.au3> Const $navOpenInNewTab = 0x0800 Dim $oIE = _IECreate('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/AAAA/index.htm') ;$o_IE.Navigate2('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/apps/yyyyyyy/LogInSAG/login.asp', $navOpenInNewTab) ;$o_IE.Navigate2('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/apps/yyyyyyy/LogInSAG/login.asp', $navOpenInNewTab) Call ("YYYYYYYSignIn") Func YYYYYYYSignIn () Local $username = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"uname") Local $password = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"pword") $oIE.Navigate2('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/apps/xxxxxxx/LogInSAG/login.asp',2048) _IEFormElementSetValue ($username, "xxxxxxx") _IEFormElementSetValue ($password, "xxxxxxx") Send('{Enter}') EndFunc Call ("xxxxxxxSignIn") Func xxxxxxxSignIn () __IENavigate($oIE, "https://soa1gui.xxxxxxx.biz/gateway/NFServlet;jsessionid=1E3B8F6520DE0A1EC914A8ABB7E86341?NFH_MessageId=&NFH_Page=%2fpages%2fsearch%2fsearch.jsp", 1, 0x800) Local $domain = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"NF_CustomerID") Local $User_Name = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"NF_UserName") Local $Password = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"NF_Password") _IEFormElementSetValue ($domain, xxxxxxx") _IEFormElementSetValue ($User_Name, "xxxxxxx") _IEFormElementSetValue ($Password, "xxxxxxx") ;Send('{Enter}') EndFunc  
    • slidy56fr
      By slidy56fr
      Internet Explorer 11, AutoIt 3.3.14.2
      I want to download many files which are published with hyperlink on a web page. I use AutoIt and when there is a few files, it works even if It's on a website with secured links.
      I have a script to download link items with the object method (I gave a partial sample), but when the number of link exceed the web page, there is not an auto scroll, then the links which are not on displayed without scroll are not downloaded.
      Thank you
      From France

EchantillonRecepAnonym.au3
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I am not sure on how to grab the innertext I want. Is there a way I can just grab the second line, or is there a better way to do it all together? 
      #include <IE.au3> $oIE = _IEAttach("Form Details") $oDiv = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "Col3") ;Phone MsgBox (0,"Oops",$oDiv.outertext) When I use this code I get

html.au3
    • anthonyjr2
      By anthonyjr2
      I have come across a weird issue that I am not sure how to solve. For some reason, whenever I call WinActivate in certain scenarios instead of opening the single window that already exists, it will create a new blank tab. It should be able to be recreated with this:
      AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) Sleep(1000) For $i=0 To 10 WinActivate("Internet Explorer") Next I am not actually doing this in my code, it is just to demonstrate the fact that new tabs keep popping up. Does anyone know why this happens?

EDIT: So I am not sure how reproducible this is, because it only happens every once in a while for me. I will update with more info if I find out anything.