#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GuiMenu.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

Global Enum $idOpen = 1000, $idSave, $idInfo

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 300, 200)

$Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 10, 10, 280, 150, BitOR($WS_HSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_MULTILINE))

$hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup()

_GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem($hMenu, "Open", $idOpen)
_GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem($hMenu, "Save", $idSave)
_GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem($hMenu, "Info", $idInfo)

GUISetState()

$wProcHandle = DllCallbackRegister("_WindowProc", "ptr", "hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam")

$wProcOld = _WinAPI_SetWindowLong(GUICtrlGetHandle($Edit1), $GWL_WNDPROC, DllCallbackGetPtr($wProcHandle))

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
WEnd

GUIDelete($hGui)
DllCallbackFree($wProcHandle)

Func _WindowProc($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Switch $hWnd
        Case GUICtrlGetHandle($Edit1)
            Switch $Msg
                Case $WM_CONTEXTMENU
                    _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $wParam)
                    Return 0
                Case $WM_COMMAND
                    Switch $wParam
                        Case $idOpen
                            ConsoleWrite("-> Open" & @LF)
                        Case $idSave
                            ConsoleWrite("-> Save" & @LF)
                        Case $idInfo
                            ConsoleWrite("-> Info" & @LF)
                    EndSwitch
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

Local $aRet = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "CallWindowProc", "ptr", $wProcOld, _
                          "hwnd", $hWnd, "uint", $Msg, "wparam", $wParam, "lparam", $lParam)
    Return $aRet[0]
EndFunc

How could the above be done for a richedit control?

"Just be fred, all we gotta do, just be fred."  -Vocaliod

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

Clock made of cursors ♣ Desktop Widgets ♣ Water Simulation

Easy, 99.9% of the code is the same. Change the edit to a rich edit, change anything using GUICtrlGetHandle($Edit1) to just use the handle, change the message handler to use WM_RBUTTONUP because richedits don't send WM_CONTEXTMENU messages I seem to remember. Because you change the message you can't use $wParam like you are above, you probably want $hWnd instead.

Give this a try:

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GuiMenu.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

#include <GUIRichEdit.au3>

Global Enum $idOpen = 1000, $idSave, $idInfo

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 300, 200)

$Edit1 = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($hGUI, "", 10, 10, 280, 150, BitOR($WS_HSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_MULTILINE))

$hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup()

_GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem($hMenu, "Open", $idOpen)
_GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem($hMenu, "Save", $idSave)
_GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem($hMenu, "Info", $idInfo)

GUISetState()

$wProcHandle = DllCallbackRegister("_WindowProc", "ptr", "hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam")

$wProcOld = _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($Edit1, $GWL_WNDPROC, DllCallbackGetPtr($wProcHandle))

While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $Msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
WEnd

GUIDelete($hGUI)
DllCallbackFree($wProcHandle)

Func _WindowProc($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Switch $hWnd
        Case $Edit1
            Switch $Msg
                Case $WM_RBUTTONUP
                    _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $hWnd)
                    Return 0
                Case $WM_COMMAND
                    Switch $wParam
                        Case $idOpen
                            ConsoleWrite("-> Open" & @LF)
                        Case $idSave
                            ConsoleWrite("-> Save" & @LF)
                        Case $idInfo
                            ConsoleWrite("-> Info" & @LF)
                    EndSwitch
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

Local $aRet = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "CallWindowProc", "ptr", $wProcOld, _
            "hwnd", $hWnd, "uint", $Msg, "wparam", $wParam, "lparam", $lParam)

Return $aRet[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_WindowProc
1 person likes this

Thanks Mat and James!(Or should it be James and Mat?)

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for.

Now I just need to tackle the HTML formatted text to rich edit and back...

"Just be fred, all we gotta do, just be fred."  -Vocaliod

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

Clock made of cursors ♣ Desktop Widgets ♣ Water Simulation

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• loganizzi
      By loganizzi
      If you look at the help file for the above command, you'll see that it states that it only works for certain zoom values (100 and 200 to 6400).   I assume that this is due to an issue in an MSDN library that the command relies on.
      After doing some investigating, I noticed that the GUIRichEdit.au3 library file contains the following code:
      ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Authors........: Chris Haslam (c.haslam) ; Modified ......: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetZoom($hWnd, $iPercent) If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $__g_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(101, 0, False) If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iPercent, ">0") Then Return SetError(1021, 0, False) Local $iNumerator, $iDenominator Select Case Not ($iPercent = 100 Or ($iPercent >= 200 And $iPercent < 6400)) Return SetError(1022, 0, False) Case $iPercent >= 100 $iNumerator = 10000 $iDenominator = 10000 / ($iPercent / 100) Case Else $iNumerator = 10000 * ($iPercent / 100) $iDenominator = 10000 EndSelect Return _SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_SETZOOM, $iNumerator, $iDenominator) <> 0 EndFunc ;==>_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetZoom Which ensures that values are only within the bounds specified in the help file.    I found that if I comment out the portion of the code that limits the values, the function works fine for most (if not all) values.   I changed the code in the library file to this by simply commenting out the restricting lines of code:
      ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Authors........: Chris Haslam (c.haslam) ; Modified ......: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetZoom($hWnd, $iPercent) If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $__g_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(101, 0, False) If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iPercent, ">0") Then Return SetError(1021, 0, False) Local $iNumerator, $iDenominator Select ; Case Not ($iPercent = 100 Or ($iPercent >= 200 And $iPercent < 6400)) ; Return SetError(1022, 0, False) Case $iPercent >= 100 $iNumerator = 10000 $iDenominator = 10000 / ($iPercent / 100) Case Else $iNumerator = 10000 * ($iPercent / 100) $iDenominator = 10000 EndSelect Return _SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_SETZOOM, $iNumerator, $iDenominator) <> 0 EndFunc ;==>_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetZoom  
      I assume whatever windows bug existed at the time this was created, no longer exists so there is no need to restrict the values.   
      Just wanted to point this out if anyone else is using this part of the library and required this functionality like I did.

• AndreyS
      By AndreyS
      Tell me, please, how to set / change the cursor over RichEdit (created with _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create)?
    • ChrisL
      By ChrisL
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiTreeView.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> Global $g_hTreeView Global Enum $e_idOpen = 1000, $e_idSave, $e_idInfo Example() Func Example() Local $hGUI, $hItem Local $iStyle = BitOR($TVS_EDITLABELS, $TVS_HASBUTTONS, $TVS_HASLINES, $TVS_LINESATROOT, $TVS_DISABLEDRAGDROP, $TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $TVS_CHECKBOXES) $hGUI = GUICreate("(UDF Created) TreeView Create", 400, 300) $g_hTreeView = _GUICtrlTreeView_Create($hGUI, 2, 2, 396, 268, $iStyle, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") GUIRegisterMsg($WM_CONTEXTMENU, "WM_CONTEXTMENU") GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND") _GUICtrlTreeView_BeginUpdate($g_hTreeView) For $x = 1 To Random(2, 10, 1) $hItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_Add($g_hTreeView, 0, StringFormat("[%02d] New Item", $x)) For $y = 1 To Random(2, 10, 1) _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($g_hTreeView, $hItem, StringFormat("[%02d] New Child", $y)) Next Next _GUICtrlTreeView_EndUpdate($g_hTreeView) ; Loop until the user exits. Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example Func WM_CONTEXTMENU($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $lParam ;ConsoleWrite($GUI_RUNDEFMSG & @CRLF) ;Switch $wParam ; Case $hTreeView Local $hMenu $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup() _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, "Open", $e_idOpen) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 1, "Save", $e_idSave) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 3, "", 0) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 3, "Info", $e_idInfo) _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $wParam) _GUICtrlMenu_DestroyMenu($hMenu) Return True ;EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_CONTEXTMENU Func WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $lParam Switch $wParam Case $e_idOpen _DebugPrint("WM_COMMAND " & $wParam & " Open") Case $e_idSave _DebugPrint("WM_COMMAND " & $wParam & " Save") Case $e_idInfo _DebugPrint("WM_COMMAND " & $wParam & " Info") EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_COMMAND Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndTreeview $hWndTreeview = $g_hTreeView If Not IsHWnd($g_hTreeView) Then $hWndTreeview = GUICtrlGetHandle($g_hTreeView) $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom") $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Switch $hWndFrom Case $hWndTreeview Switch $iCode Case $NM_CLICK ; The user has clicked the left mouse button within the control _DebugPrint("$NM_CLICK" & @CRLF & "--> hWndFrom:" & @TAB & $hWndFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->IDFrom:" & @TAB & $iIDFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->Code:" & @TAB & $iCode) ; Return 1 ; nonzero to not allow the default processing Return 0 ; zero to allow the default processing Case $NM_DBLCLK ; The user has double-clicked the left mouse button within the control _DebugPrint("$NM_DBLCLK" & @CRLF & "--> hWndFrom:" & @TAB & $hWndFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->IDFrom:" & @TAB & $iIDFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->Code:" & @TAB & $iCode) ; Return 1 ; nonzero to not allow the default processing Return 0 ; zero to allow the default processing EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY Func _DebugPrint($s_Text, $sLine = @ScriptLineNumber) ConsoleWrite( _ "!===========================================================" & @CRLF & _ "+======================================================" & @CRLF & _ "-->Line(" & StringFormat("%04d", $sLine) & "):" & @TAB & $s_Text & @CRLF & _ "+======================================================" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>_DebugPrint In the example code I have a treeview and a context/popup menu, I can't use a conventional context menu because I need to use the treeview UDF functions.
      The WM_COMMAND never fires from the context/popup menu selection while there is a treeview using  _GuiCtrlTreeview_Create
      If you comment out _GuiCtrlTreeview_Create line you will then see the right click selection works as expected and the debug is written to the console on selection.
      Autoit Ver 3.3.14.2
      Any ideas why this combination won't work together?
      Thanks

• dubd83
      By dubd83
      I am working on an automation project and I am having issues finding documentation on selecting an item from a context menu, or a menu that appears upon a right click. I tried using the Send("{DOWN}") command as a workaround but it's not very redundant. Essentially I need to search the context menu for the string "Abort Text" and click that option. The class of the context menu is showing as CLASS:#32768. I have uploaded a portion of the context menu. If it helps I have the handle of the treeview where the first item is right clicked in order to make the treeview appear.