Plugins (deprecated)

Jon

Updated to work with the 3.2.1.0 beta version of AutoIt. Older plugin dlls won't work.

Updated to work with the 3.2.1.0 beta version of AutoIt? What did you update? I dont see anything on the Latest Beta, or in here that suggests any changes to the format of plugins.

Let me know as I would like to make sure I have a working version for the beta and for the release versions.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Administrators

Updated to work with the 3.2.1.0 beta version of AutoIt? What did you update? I dont see anything on the Latest Beta, or in here that suggests any changes to the format of plugins.

Let me know as I would like to make sure I have a working version for the beta and for the release versions.

JS

The release version doesn't release the memory used in any result that is passed back (i.e. huge bug). The beta version calls a new function in the dll sdk to release the memory instead - if AutoIt can't find the function to call (because it's an older plugin) then it won't load it.

You can probably use the latest sdk with the release version of AutoIt (understanding that there is a leak), but you can't use an old plugin with the beta version of AutoIt.

The release version doesn't release the memory used in any result that is passed back (i.e. huge bug). The beta version calls a new function in the dll sdk to release the memory instead - if AutoIt can't find the function to call (because it's an older plugin) then it won't load it.

You can probably use the latest sdk with the release version of AutoIt (understanding that there is a leak), but you can't use an old plugin with the beta version of AutoIt.

B-E-A-Utiful! I will get on making updating mine. Thanks for the information! :P

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• 5 weeks later...

@Jon or Developer

I am working on creating a SQLite plugin, and am having a small hang up (I feel due to my lack of knowledge). The database "handle" is actually a struct. Is there a way to return this type of "handle" to AutoIt for accessing the database?

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Also is there a way to pass a paremeter back by reference? (yes its the same structure :))

The DllCall() of the sqlite3.dll says its a long_ptr... I hope that helps.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

After re-reading this entire thread, I have been reminded that one cannot return anything other than the Set**** functions describe, as well as returning array's isnt possible yet.

Jon, I know you are quite busy, but I would really love to get SQLite integrated with AutoIt by way of a plugin. Do you see the above issues coming to a solution soon?

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Return the pointer to the structure as an int. On input, convert the int back to a pointer to the structure. Remember that the structure needs to be kept in memory (It can't be on the stack, it must be on the heap) for this to work.

Edit: Or you can store the handles internally in a list and return an index into the list which you later use to look up the real handle. Either way will work. You should probably use the opaque-handle approach (Don't return the pointer) so that users can't tamper with the data outside your functions.

Edited by Valik

Return the pointer to the structure as an int. On input, convert the int back to a pointer to the structure. Remember that the structure needs to be kept in memory (It can't be on the stack, it must be on the heap) for this to work.

Edit: Or you can store the handles internally in a list and return an index into the list which you later use to look up the real handle. Either way will work. You should probably use the opaque-handle approach (Don't return the pointer) so that users can't tamper with the data outside your functions.

Valik, I believe I will go with your second option! It is a bit safer as they wont be able to access different parts of memory.

I really appreciate the solution you provided. Now to just get it into some code :)

Thanks again,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

• 6 months later...

I dont know if it's due to lack of knowledge, or interest, but I thought plugins would attract far more attention than they seem to. There are sooo many things that having these plugins fully functional would allow an outside developer to create, without having to bloat the core AutoIt source. Not to mention it would allow people to test things out before including them into the core source if that was wanted.

Oh well enough with my rant. :-P

Jon I want you to know I appreciate all the work you and the other Dev's have done with AutoIt. I know there have been a ton of internal changes, and a lot of your time has been spent on upgrading the code to several requests made.

Are you going to continue the development of the plugins, or is the lack of perceived interest deterring you from continuing this wonderful project?

Thanks for your time and efforts,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

• Administrators

Are you going to continue the development of the plugins, or is the lack of perceived interest deterring you from continuing this wonderful project?

Thanks for your time and efforts,

JS

Yes, I want to finish them, but as nobody is going mental for them they are not at the top of my "interest" list :shocked: And the bit I need to finish is the most boring to program. I think I need to fix them for unicode anyway so may do some work on them then.

Yes, I want to finish them, but as nobody is going mental for them they are not at the top of my "interest" list :( And the bit I need to finish is the most boring to program. I think I need to fix them for unicode anyway so may do some work on them then.

Jon I appreciate it! :shocked:

If there is anything at all I can do to help, I would be more than happy to. I have been improving my skills in C++ by working on a game client for my online paintball game.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

• 2 weeks later...

Jon, keep 64-bit in mind with whatever you do, too. Remember stuff like 64-bit executables can't load 32-bit DLLs and things of that nature. Also since you're dealing with C I know you're doing lots of pointer passing so all that needs watched and checked very carefully.

• 4 weeks later...

After exhausting every trick I knew to make an AutoIt script faster, I came to a realization that AutoIt isn't the fastest language to do over 94000 operations in any kind of good time. So, I decided that plugins were the way to go. So far so good, I'm learning a lot. One problem though. I can pass strings through no problem, but I can't pass a binary through. It does get through, actually, just not too well. I tried using AU3_GetString on the Binary parameter, but when I return just that, all I get is the first binary number in my parameter, and it returns like an int. If I remove the Binary, the return goes just right, but with it, just returns the decimal value of the first byte in the binary. Should I try my hand at making a AU3_GetBinary, and have it get something like byte *value? Still kinda new to C, tried learning it long ago, but it just didn't click for me back then.

• Administrators

The datatypes have to be defined at both ends to work, that is in AutoIt and in the plugin. Binary types haven't been implemented yet. I'll add them soon (because it's easier than the array thing I've also yet to add).

The datatypes have to be defined at both ends to work, that is in AutoIt and in the plugin. Binary types haven't been implemented yet. I'll add them soon (because it's easier than the array thing I've also yet to add).

Thanks Jon!! I know you have been busy! I really appreciate any work on the plugin architecture.

I just got a job so I have less time at home as well. I am now a Senior Software developer, and we're using C++ and wxWidgets. We have a need for our applications to be cross platform. We have a lot of AutoIt scripts setup on our Windows machines though. Thanks for that!

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

• 2 weeks later...

Had my first look at plugins and noticed in example.c that when PluginAdd is defined the first paramater is checked twice (rather than both params)

if ( AU3_GetType(&p_AU3_Params[0]) != AU3_PLUGIN_INT32 || AU3_GetType(&p_AU3_Params[0]) != AU3_PLUGIN_INT32 )

(&p_AU3_Params[0]) appears twice

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Had my first look at plugins and noticed in example.c that when PluginAdd is defined the first paramater is checked twice (rather than both params)

if ( AU3_GetType(&p_AU3_Params[0]) != AU3_PLUGIN_INT32 || AU3_GetType(&p_AU3_Params[0]) != AU3_PLUGIN_INT32 )

(&p_AU3_Params[0]) appears twice

First off I would like to welcome you into AutoIt plugins! They are wonderful!

Secondly, I will check the sources I have to see if that is the same with me. It seems I noticed something similar, and had to patch it. I also have a "C++" version of the plugin SDK if anyone needs it. (I need to put that on my website [note to self])

Edit: Actually I haven't looked at the example.c in forever. :) I thought it was part of the SDK, I think that's a simple copy and paste forgetting to fix the 0.

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

External Links

Could I have the C++ version of the plugin SDK please? Would make things easier.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Could I have the C++ version of the plugin SDK please? Would make things easier.

Yes I will post it shortly...

Edit: au3plugin.h au3plugin.cpp

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

External Links